crybabyhoda

Old 08-13-2014, 11:56 PM

Hello Menewsha, I am currently trying out new avatar based sites and this one was highly recommended. I hope to have a good stay here, so far everything is a little confusing on how to start out. is there by any chance a beginner's tutorial?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 AM

Hey there and welcome to Menewsha!

There's a newbie gold earning guide sticky thread in the Fresh Meat, and you can always check out the FAQ for other site-related things. If you have more questions, there's always the Information Desk where you can ask away, and others can answer~

Of course, you could also ask here and I'm sure someone will answer them for you if they see it; we're a pretty friendly bunch.

crybabyhoda

Old 08-14-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Hey there and welcome to Menewsha!

Thank you so much
This was very helpful!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 12:13 AM

Anytime~

Any immediate questions you have? I may be able to help.

crybabyhoda

Old 08-14-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Anytime~

Any immediate questions you have? I may be able to help.
They were easily answered by the links you provided, most were just asking about how to obtain currency. I am curious about when the cash shop comes out and hopefully it wont be like in gaia. Though I have already read the forum where they cleared it up.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 AM

Ah, glad to be of help.

Yeah, I'm glad that the cash shop won't be like Gaia's...it was a mess when I left, and I heard that it's only become worse. (USD$1,000 an Angelic Halo, anyone?)
At the moment we have a Mennies shop where 'cash shop' items are released every once in a while, like colored bouquets, fluffy feathery wings, NPC plushies, etc.

crybabyhoda

Old 08-14-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Ah, glad to be of help.

Yeah, I'm glad that the cash shop won't be like Gaia's...it was a mess when I left, and I heard that it's only become worse. (USD$1,000 an Angelic Halo, anyone?)
At the moment we have a Mennies shop where 'cash shop' items are released every once in a while, like colored bouquets, fluffy feathery wings, NPC plushies, etc.
I have realized it got super expensive, I don't even dare to look at the site much anymore. a thousand dollars?! No thank you, I could use that for bills. and aw, I haven't seen this mennies shop yet!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 12:53 AM

Yeah. $1,000 is like an entire month's worth of salary for me, why the hell would I use all of it to buy some pixels on a virtual website. I can understand $900 for one of those giant plushies (I think it was at $900? I forgot most of the prices...) because it's huge, and it's actually something that exists that you can touch, but some pixels at such a high price? No thank you. I heard that a lot of people actually did pay that amount to get one though, so I guess there are a lot of rich people out there...*poor*

The Mennies shop is pretty much the same as the CI shop, which you can reach by clicking the 'Contribute' link at the very top right of every page~
The ones at 250 Mennies (USD$2.50) are the Contribution items which are released every half a month, and the others are Mennies items.

crybabyhoda

Old 08-14-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Yeah. $1,000 is like an entire month's worth of salary for me, why the hell would I use all of it to buy some pixels on a virtual website. I can understand $900 for one of those giant plushies (I think it was at $900? I forgot most of the prices...) because it's huge, and it's actually something that exists that you can touch, but some pixels at such a high price? No thank you. I heard that a lot of people actually did pay that amount to get one though, so I guess there are a lot of rich people out there...*poor*

The Mennies shop is pretty much the same as the CI shop, which you can reach by clicking the 'Contribute' link at the very top right of every page~
The ones at 250 Mennies (USD$2.50) are the Contribution items which are released every half a month, and the others are Mennies items.
ah! People actually spent that much???? that is too intense.
So the contribute it like Ernya, they are very cheap and they have a donation thing. This is so bad after all!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 01:15 AM

Yeah...granted, it's probably the rarest item on Gaia, but still...USD$1,000. Geez.

And the plus side is, you only need one item to be able to use all the multi-equip poses!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-14-2014, 04:20 AM

Welcome crybabyhoda! I see Aunty has already began the welcome process for you.

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Any online hobbies? What timezone you are in? What interests you most on here? Do you also have an account on Ernya? (since you already talked about it a little)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 05:09 PM

Welcome to Menewsha ^^

If mene had a $1000 item... I don't think any of us would actually be able to afford that...