Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-23-2014, 03:55 AM

!!
Mental image of Yazoo humping Sephiroth...bahahaha
And that's a super cool mule name!
I keep wanting to get a bunch of accounts and use a bunch of awesome names for them, but we're limited to one so Sephiroth's here to stay. (he'd kill me if I tried to change him into someone else)

Yeah, that's my problem; I just can't really visualize the way the shadows fall into the creases.
Or, it'd look fine in my head, but when I tried to draw it out with my hand, it turns into a disaster.
Damn you brain-to-hand visualizations!

Yazoo
::...Rest In Peace Ronnie James ...

Old 08-23-2014, 04:12 AM

I guess that just means we gotta find others to complete our set? XD

If you want, if you're stuck with shading something some time, I can look at your drawing?
Though, err, my shading is all sorts of faulty xDDDD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-23-2014, 04:20 AM

Well there's a Kadaj but it's an inactive account, and I don't think there's a Loz yet. There's a Vincent Valentine but it's also inactive. There may be a few Clouds...

It'll be hard to get the complete set. ;;

I'll go find one...most of my drawings are WIPs that I never get around to finishing, or I just stick with flat colors and don't even bother trying to shade because it'd just ruin the whole thing.

Here's the most complex one I've ever drawn that wasn't a complete wreck. I stopped because it frustrated the hell out of me coloring it:

Yazoo

Old 08-23-2014, 04:24 AM

Damn, too bad xD
Well, at least we're a decent set, so far xDD

Ohhh it looks really good >w<
Why not finish shading the hair since it's almost done, and declare it finished?
When I feel lazy I do 2-tone shading as well, leaving out light - heck, I generally leave out light sources even when I'm not feeling lazy, except for a white line xD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-23-2014, 04:30 AM

Yeah...I went as Kadaj for almost a year when I first joined, wearing the hair and all. I actually categorize my closet (there's a linky in my sig) by the hairstyle I use, using various characters as inspiration.

I'm actually wanting to redo the hair entirely because the lines are just so messy.
I have no idea how to do anything more complex than what I did. Just two-tone shading and maybe a little line-shading kills me.

Yazoo

Old 08-23-2014, 04:42 AM

OMG LAW! BWAHAHA!

Wow, that really is Kadaj hair o_O;
No Kadaj-ish outfit around?

Personally I never mind if the lines on hair are a little messy - since hair is generally messy anyway, so you can get away with that.
What kind of effect do you generally try to achieve in your drawings?

Oh wow those wings >w<

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 08-23-2014, 04:48 AM

New people, and I missed it!

Hello, new person! Welcome to Menewsha!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-23-2014, 04:51 AM

Yeah, I drew that after the chapter where Law told the others 'It's time to retaliate/strike back!' came out.

I think I tried a few back then, but without the cross-belt straps across the chest it just didn't look right. I guess I could try again at a later date and see if any of the new items that've come out since then will work. Maybe after I get over my current Misha-phase.

Well I'm usually happy enough if the lines manage to come out alright. ;;
And then if I feel like it I flat-color everything and occasionally I try doing a bit a really simple shading. That's about it.
Drew the wings with this picture as the reference:

Otherwise I usually wouldn't have thought of using those lines on wings for the shading effect.

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 08-23-2014, 05:21 AM

Holy crap, Ant! I had no idea you were such a good artist! I just realized alla that was your stuff!

*is astonished at how little she knows, frequently*

If I had more than two hands, it'd be awesome, because then I could give you more than two thumbs up!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-23-2014, 05:23 AM

Aw, thanks It's not that good, really. A lot of it is pretty crude and rough. Takes me forever to draw just one little thing...

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 08-23-2014, 05:57 AM

Yeah, but it looks good to the rest of us, so nyah!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-23-2014, 06:45 AM

Haha thank you~

Yazoo

Old 08-23-2014, 11:48 AM

Vera - Thanks~
Omg your avi xD
It looks hilarious xDD

Anta - Oh man, I wouldn't even think of drawing the likes like that, even with the reference picture @_@
When it's only a few feathers I draw lines, when it's a bunch of feathers, I just can't find it in myself to bother xDDD

And that pic is seriously hilarious, definitely cracked me up xDDD
Vera is right though - your art is great >w<