Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-02-2015, 04:15 PM

No, but I wish I could, that would be fun.

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 02-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
You chased her away now, you can't call out the lurking jelly :P
Looks to me like she wasn't chased away at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Sil! You took the plunge! I've just read your PM on TDN so I scurried over =3

There's no more rules to worry about on here, it's way more likely that some things you remember as being against the rules no longer are; like single word/emote posts. Those are fine now as long as they're relevant to the current conversation. Really hoping we'll get the time to get the rules re-written this year, and prune out a whole lot of the NO! Because there's a scarily large amount of that in there, and a lot of it's not really valid any more.

Anna Neo's fun, you can tease all you like xD It's handy to join a fan site where I can ask newbish questions when stuff's confusing me, especially as stuff confuses me a lot these days >< It's intimidating joining a different forum with different rules though, I find myself being totally paranoid about making sure my posts are long enough (you get a warning if there's less than 7 words in your post, a rule which takes being anal to new heights in my opinion >< you can be both relevant,on topic and contribute to the conversation in less than 7 words, but whatev). I think Sil got caught out by that : / And they have a very short list of allowed cuss words That had me in hysterics, you, Anna, wouldn't last 5 minutes on there <3

Cora, I'm not lurking, I'm responding xD I love your current avie btw!
The 7-words-per-post rule has to do with the fact that a lot of that site's avatar-lends require a minimum post-count and it'd be making it rather easy for folks to make a lot of superficially relevant posts to get the necessary numbers otherwise.

Still, seven is a bit... yeah, let's call it anal. Three would be more useful imho--prevents the "yes", "no", "indeed" and "I agree/disagree" posts without being too annoying.

The short list of cuss words has to do with them being an officially recognized Neopets fansite and Neopets is... really, really, really ridiculous with its wordfilter.

(Right now, item names containing the word "grape" can't be mentioned because they contain the fragment -rape; "let it snow", the name of an avatar, can't be mentioned because the filter recognizes "-t it s-" as an attempt at subverting the filter, etc. =/ Scunthorpe problem ahoy, I guess?)

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 02-02-2015, 07:18 PM

*glomps Selly* Hun! How have you been?! I missed you. <3

Silenia

Old 02-02-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
*glomps Selly* Hun! How have you been?! I missed you. <3
-is glomped-

-glomps back-

Missed you as well, dear. <3

As to how I've been... same as always. Up and down, back and forth. When trouble comes, still likes to come by the dozen.

Oh well. You get used to it after a while.

How about you?

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
-is glomped-

-glomps back-

Missed you as well, dear. <3

As to how I've been... same as always. Up and down, back and forth. When trouble comes, still likes to come by the dozen.

Oh well. You get used to it after a while.

How about you?
When it rains, it pours. I'm glad to see you back. *hugs*

Well, 2015 is proving to be somewhat better than 2014 was. That year was fairly rough.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-02-2015, 08:07 PM

Hey liz o/

Oh wow Sil, those TDN rules make a lot more sense now, but yeah, TNT's pretty hardcore about some/all things, aren't they >< No big deal though, it doesn't impact on me, or on m/any people to be frank, just some like making a needless fuss about things that they can't do anything about.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-02-2015, 08:10 PM

Howdy, Jelly!

And... Those acronyms are confusing me. Dx TDN?

Silenia

Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
When it rains, it pours. I'm glad to see you back. *hugs*

Well, 2015 is proving to be somewhat better than 2014 was. That year was fairly rough.
-hug- And I'm glad to see you're still around. =)

=( Sad to hear 2014 was bad, glad that '15 is looking slightly better so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Hey liz o/

Oh wow Sil, those TDN rules make a lot more sense now, but yeah, TNT's pretty hardcore about some/all things, aren't they >< No big deal though, it doesn't impact on me, or on m/any people to be frank, just some like making a needless fuss about things that they can't do anything about.
That, but they're also just plain sloppy when it comes to the coding of their word-filter. At the least they should've added exceptions for the names of actual on-site items.

As to impact, more than you'd think at first glance, actually. Makes on-site wishlists near-impossible, when you're on a Faerie Quest and want some help, it's also remarkably annoying when you can't post the item's name on the NeoBoards, etc.

Quote:
Howdy, Jelly!

And... Those acronyms are confusing me. Dx TDN?
The Daily Neopets, an officially recognized Neopets fansite. Neopets is, of course, ran by The Neopets Team.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-02-2015, 08:28 PM

Oh, you know me. I might drop off the face of the Mene world for a bit but you can't keep me away. And yeah, my goal is to have 2015 be nothing but good. Will that happen? Unlikely, but I can try to make sure it is better than last year.

Ah, ok. Been ages since I went on there. I bet all my pets are dead, lol.

Silenia

Old 02-02-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Oh, you know me. I might drop off the face of the Mene world for a bit but you can't keep me away. And yeah, my goal is to have 2015 be nothing but good. Will that happen? Unlikely, but I can try to make sure it is better than last year.

Ah, ok. Been ages since I went on there. I bet all my pets are dead, lol.
Same for me, I suppose, except that my "a bit" can easily stretch upwards of a year. Or, in this case, two years and three weeks, give or take a day.

What happened last year, if I may ask? -huggleglompsquishsnuggles- (Feel free to PM instead if that's more comfortable to you, or just a plain "I'd rather not talk about it" if you don't want to talk about it)

Depends on how long it's been. Neopets can't die, really, but if it's been several years, your account may have been caught in an inactivity purge. XD

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-02-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Same for me, I suppose, except that my "a bit" can easily stretch upwards of a year. Or, in this case, two years and three weeks, give or take a day.

What happened last year, if I may ask? -huggleglompsquishsnuggles- (Feel free to PM instead if that's more comfortable to you, or just a plain "I'd rather not talk about it" if you don't want to talk about it)

Depends on how long it's been. Neopets can't die, really, but if it's been several years, your account may have been caught in an inactivity purge. XD
All that matters is you're back. And it has been quite some time.

I'll PM it to you in a bit. *enjoys the Selly love* Man, I've missed that.

I'd say it's been at least 3 or so years.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 PM

@ Jelly - trololo~ /gleefully flees.
AHAHA... What can I say? Sometimes, a sentence needs a good fuck in it.

Silenia

Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
All that matters is you're back. And it has been quite some time.

I'll PM it to you in a bit. *enjoys the Selly love* Man, I've missed that.

I'd say it's been at least 3 or so years.
Quite some time indeed. =( But I'm back, and that's good.

-sprinkles some more Selly love on top of ya-

Hm, might be gone then, might be still there. Depends on a whole lot of factors. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
@ Jelly - trololo~ /gleefully flees.
AHAHA... What can I say? Sometimes, a sentence needs a good fuck in it.
Agree with you there, sometimes a good swear or curse is exactly what a sentence needs. :P (Thankfully, though, I'm well-capable of filtering those out before actually clicking 'submit' XD)

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-02-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Quite some time indeed. =( But I'm back, and that's good.

-sprinkles some more Selly love on top of ya-

Hm, might be gone then, might be still there. Depends on a whole lot of factors. XD

Agree with you there, sometimes a good swear or curse is exactly what a sentence needs. :P (Thankfully, though, I'm well-capable of filtering those out before actually clicking 'submit' XD)
Yes, that is good. And the absence has made our hearts grow fonder. <3

*drowns in it happily*

Well, it's no biggie. Neopets rarely could keep me entertained.

Silenia

Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, that is good. And the absence has made our hearts grow fonder. <3

*drowns in it happily*

Well, it's no biggie. Neopets rarely could keep me entertained.
Even fonder? How is that even possible, when all you rainbow-reggies already were far more fond of me than I could describe or even understand? :P

-ties Lizzie up with the Scarf of Chaos Sil's wearing so it's easier to aim the Selly love at her-

Darn, now that brings back some nostalgia... XD

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-02-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Even fonder? How is that even possible, when all you rainbow-reggies already were far more fond of me than I could describe or even understand? :P

-ties Lizzie up with the Scarf of Chaos Sil's wearing so it's easier to aim the Selly love at her-

Darn, now that brings back some nostalgia... XD
Hm, that's a good point. You'd think it would be impossible to be even more fonder. But I assure you. Our love is undying and neverending.

No need to tie me up. But if you want to, ok!

Nostalgia is the best.

Silenia

Old 02-02-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Hm, that's a good point. You'd think it would be impossible to be even more fonder. But I assure you. Our love is undying and neverending.

No need to tie me up. But if you want to, ok!

Nostalgia is the best.
Eternal and undying... sounds like a lich or vampire to me. You're saying your love's one of them undead? :P

I know I don't have to, Liz, but I don't mind. ;)

That it is.

Unless it's the nostalgia from paging back through my old threads and seeing just how many people have quit or been banned through the years. In some cases, I remember it happening...sad, sad memories, those--in other cases it's "when did that happen? :(" which isn't much better.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-02-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Eternal and undying... sounds like a lich or vampire to me. You're saying your love's one of them undead? :P

I know I don't have to, Liz, but I don't mind. ;)

That it is.

Unless it's the nostalgia from paging back through my old threads and seeing just how many people have quit or been banned through the years. In some cases, I remember it happening...sad, sad memories, those--in other cases it's "when did that happen? :(" which isn't much better.
Well, hm... I reckon it is. But it's indefinitely better than the undead.

And that's why I loveadore you!

Oh, yeah. :( People leaving or being banned is not the good kind of nostalgia. Especially when it's someone you're close to.

Silenia

Old 02-02-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Well, hm... I reckon it is. But it's indefinitely better than the undead.

And that's why I loveadore you!

Oh, yeah. :( People leaving or being banned is not the good kind of nostalgia. Especially when it's someone you're close to.
Aww, I loveadore you as well.

Yeah. My original charity thread... Miraculously, only two of the top ten posters are gone (Alaunt and Jo18, who respectively last logged in Dec '12 and March '11), but beyond that... (and then we're still speaking of folks who had 1000-2100 posts in my old thread alone, not even counting the event threads), 2 banned, 8 inactive (last activity mid '14 or before, in most cases far before), 3 barely active (including your lovely Apricot). And that pattern holds through for a good lot of it, with the occasional active/semi-active user sprinkled in between

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-03-2015, 12:35 AM

Ahaaa... I could probably filter through my posts before posting them, but I couldn't be bothered to do it.

Emilio
Newbie Helper
NPC

Old 02-03-2015, 12:36 AM

Welcome back Silenia!
It's great to see old friendly faces returning! A few things have changed, but we're still the same happy community. Feel free to ask around if you get stuck, or want to know more of the new things that have happened!

Silenia

Old 02-03-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Ahaaa... I could probably filter through my posts before posting them, but I couldn't be bothered to do it.
I tend to only bother doing so if I know/suspect not doing it may lead to problems for me. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
Welcome back Silenia!
It's great to see old friendly faces returning! A few things have changed, but we're still the same happy community. Feel free to ask around if you get stuck, or want to know more of the new things that have happened!
So far, I have no questions, though I definitely will ask if I come up with any and can't easily find the answer myself. :)
Thanks for the kind welcome-back.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-03-2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Aww, I loveadore you as well.

Yeah. My original charity thread... Miraculously, only two of the top ten posters are gone (Alaunt and Jo18, who respectively last logged in Dec '12 and March '11), but beyond that... (and then we're still speaking of folks who had 1000-2100 posts in my old thread alone, not even counting the event threads), 2 banned, 8 inactive (last activity mid '14 or before, in most cases far before), 3 barely active (including your lovely Apricot). And that pattern holds through for a good lot of it, with the occasional active/semi-active user sprinkled in between
I always feel so loved by you, hun.

Yeah, Apricot's been fairly elusive. I'm just grateful she messages me from time to time. I tend to worry when my friends disappear. But then I worry that they might think I'm smothering if I was to comment even half the time I think of them.

Silenia

Old 02-03-2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
I always feel so loved by you, hun.

Yeah, Apricot's been fairly elusive. I'm just grateful she messages me from time to time. I tend to worry when my friends disappear. But then I worry that they might think I'm smothering if I was to comment even half the time I think of them.
Lol. If a post by my account had appeared on Mene every time I thought of either one of you all, At the End of the Rainbow as a whole or the site in general...

Well, let's say my postcount would then be well into the six digits by now. XD

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-03-2015, 01:46 AM

I'd imagine you'd give even our most chatty of chatters a run for their money.