Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 03-02-2015, 12:13 AM

Yeah, I know. I peek back into Gaia every few months out of morbid curiosity.

What I meant is, on Gaia posting is basically except maybe the first few posts of a day just plain not worth the time. (And that's ignoring the fact that over half of the forums are basically AVOID! if you don't like running into trolls anyway) Makes the thing even less of a community than it already was.

Karzienne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2015, 12:17 AM

Yeah I popped in after a two year hiatus to find out my account was worth like, 3 trillion and then realized that would buy me, like two twigs and a leaf.

Pretty sad, honestly. It used to be so much fun.

Silenia

Old 03-02-2015, 12:22 AM

Yeah, I know. Though really, this is only like the tenth mass-exodus from Gaia, I think. They keep eliminating half their users at basically every turn.

(Practically every second-wave avatar site (so basically, every avatar site established between 06 and 09/10 or so) was made up from and/or in good part built up by Gaian Refugees from one of various exoduses.)

Karzienne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2015, 12:37 AM

That explains the grunnie look alikes when I clicked contribute and it said I was low on mennies. Lol.

In any other words though, the community here seems much better and less toxic. So I'm glad after like 40 sites of me sludging through to find a good place to settle down, I found something at the end of the rainbow

Hahahah

Silenia

Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 AM

Yup. There are some other minor legacy-traits pointing at Gaia as well. Such as the forum-section the exchange, charity and quests are in being called "Gaming". Gaia's similar forum section is called Gaia Gaming.

Yeah, Mene's community is far less toxic than Gaia's, because staff here's a lot less likely to tolerate flaming. (And -gasp- they actually interact with us and behave like...like human beings! -gasp- Seriously, one of the Assistant Admins is familiar enough with me to start a conversation with me on a wholly different site; one of the Event Coordinators and I joked around for half of last event (Valentine) about combining our quests for world-domination; a staff pixelist/artist recently requested art in my art freebie thread and another Event Coordinator is the one whose art I'm currently working on. )

Last edited by Silenia; 03-02-2015 at 01:01 AM..

Karzienne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2015, 01:08 AM

I was wondering about that :o The charities being in gaming was confusing to me lol. And friendly staff/admin is nice to hear about.

And you do art? That is awesome- I suck at art, but my cousin does some really nice computer-graphic art stuff. I don't know. Like I said, I can barely draw stick figures. And clouds. But that is about it.

Silenia

Old 03-02-2015, 01:14 AM

Yeah, and it doesn't help that that whole Lifestyle section is in front of it, either. They're nice, as long as you don't purposefully go around annoying them or knowingly and willingly breaking the rules.

Yup. If you want, I can link you to my current Art Freebies thread.

Karzienne
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2015, 01:25 AM

I'm sure I can find it :o

Currently I'm trying to be a rock star at tetris.

I am a little rusty at that.

Silenia

Old 03-02-2015, 01:31 AM

I'm sure you'll regain your skill soon enough. =)

And yes, I suspect you will, though if you can't, feel free to poke me for the link.