Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Welcome Lounge (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Hi. Not sure what to say other than 'Hi.' (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211503)

javarebel 08-25-2014 11:06 PM

Hi. Not sure what to say other than 'Hi.'

Hi.

A new friend said she met a mutual friend on here. It seemed interesting, so I'm giving it a go.

At a loss as to what to do next, unfortunately. Advice is welcome.

Libra 08-25-2014 11:10 PM

Welcome javarebel! ^_^

There's 2 things that you can do on Menewsha: play our games, or post in our forums! Both will earn you gold. Playing games can earn you up to 250 gold per day. You can buy clothes from our various shops (the newbie emporium is the cheapest) or in the Marketplace.

Have you been on forums before? What do you think interests you most about Menewsha?

javarebel 08-25-2014 11:13 PM

I was kind of wondering why I'm still in my skivvies. Then someone said I'd earn gold by posting. Let's give it a shot and see what happens.

I've been on forums before, but they were more specific to certain things I was already involved in, like ice hockey or certain games I'm too embarrassed to admit being involved with right now. So I'm familiar with the general concept. It's a great way to get to talk to a lot of people, maybe make some new friends.

And my interest here is that a very long time friend met a very new friend on here, and they're both interesting people. If that's any indication of the kind of people that post here, I think I'll enjoy myself.

Libra 08-25-2014 11:28 PM

Games that you are too embarrassed to admit being involved in? [:o] Now you have me curious.

We are a very friendly community, the best piece of advice I can give you is to check out many of the various forums. If you want to just chat about anything and everything with people in their hangouts, I'd suggest the Menewsha Nation. If you have specific movies, TV shows, music, books, really anything like that has many forums designed for those topics. Not sure if you like roleplaying, but we have a rather large community of active RPers (myself included). We also have word games, which will earn you small amounts of gold.

Basically, the more you type, the more gold you'll earn for posts (although I think there's a cap of 30 gold per post?). You also make extra gold if you start a new thread. Not only do you get a certain amount of gold for making a thread, but you also receive 0.1 gold for each post anyone makes in the thread.

Here's the gold earning guide might mention more ways to make gold than I did.

Also, check your trades, I gave you some things so you don't feel so drafty around the forums ^_^

CosmicFoxKitty 08-25-2014 11:35 PM

Heehee, Hey Javarebel! How are you? I replied of the face of books.
Libra kinda told you all you really need to know to start.

I'm glad you joined! :D

I'd help you with some clothes but I'm currently using all my money towards my art contest.

steelmagghia 08-25-2014 11:37 PM

Awww, Libra is also one of my friends on here, rebel! She's awesomesauce.

Libra 08-25-2014 11:46 PM

Thanks Steel [hug].

That wouldn't be the first time I was called saucy [brow]

steelmagghia 08-26-2014 12:17 AM

*snrk*
That emoticon slays me. [lol]

Libra 08-26-2014 12:20 AM

Hahaha, I love it [brow]

Oh look, Java has some clothes on! And... I wonder if that sweater is flame-proof?

CosmicFoxKitty 08-26-2014 12:32 AM

Sweater should be flame proof or third degree burns should ensue. O.O

javarebel 08-26-2014 12:58 AM

i just put on a stack of whatever was sent to me...slouchy sweaters aren't usually my thing (any more...i went through a phase in high school) but it's better than me parading around in my unmentionables. thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the apparel.

The Wandering Poet 08-26-2014 01:14 AM

If you really want to parade in unmentionables we have a remove undies item... [ninja] just sayin.... we totally can parade in our unmentionables.

Welcome to Menewsha.

CosmicFoxKitty 08-26-2014 01:15 AM

I nominated you for the ALS Challenge by the way, it might cool down the fire so it wont burn you ;P

javarebel 08-26-2014 01:18 AM

yes, so i noticed. going to have to get my work crew in on this. i'm sure they'd appreciate the chance to dunk me.

CosmicFoxKitty 08-26-2014 01:21 AM

Hahahaha, I bet it will be awesome! My dad did it so slowly D:

The Wandering Poet 08-26-2014 01:22 AM

What is this about dunking? [eager]

CosmicFoxKitty 08-26-2014 01:48 AM

Poet [hug] you on skype?

there is the ALS ice bucket challenge going on. You have 24 hours to do the challenge or pay money to the organization, which I'm doing both.

The Wandering Poet 08-26-2014 01:54 AM

Interesting... I react poorly to being cold, so I can't actually do that.

javarebel 08-26-2014 02:36 AM

in contrast i react poorly to being anything BUT cold. i was born and raised in alaska, and now i'm suffering in the midwest heat and humidity. maybe an ice water bath is just what i need.

The Wandering Poet 08-26-2014 02:49 AM

Sounds like the ice challenge would make you happy [lol]

javarebel 08-26-2014 02:59 AM

yes, now if only i could find some ice related avatar goodies to reflect that part of my personality instead of this fire thing. and the scythe is the closest thing i had to a hockey stick.

The Wandering Poet 08-26-2014 03:05 AM

That's an interesting thought... we could totally use sports items...

Should look at the CI Winter Wonderland. Lots of cold and ice :D

javarebel 08-26-2014 03:30 AM

that's great. but what's a CI?

Antagonist 08-26-2014 03:34 AM

CI = Contribution Item [yes]
EI = Event Item

You can search for the items in the Marketplace with keywords to find stuff you like~ [eager]

Welcome to Mene! [boogie]

steelmagghia 08-26-2014 11:47 AM

I, too, hate the heat. I'm bemoaning the fact that I can ONLY turn my a/c down to 68 degrees in my classroom, and when I do, all my students whine about being cold.