Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Welcome Lounge (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Nice to meet you! (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211563)

SpencerW 08-30-2014 04:38 AM

Nice to meet you!

Yo, I'm Spencer. I like this site, and to be honest, I'm not so new here. I had an account long ago that I more or less abandoned, so I'm back here under a fresh account, hoping to stay this time.

I love meeting new people (Even though I'm shy), and I love to write, read, roleplay, and some of my interests include video games, science fiction, fantasy, and generally playing around on the internet.

I'm also a woman (don't let the avatar/name fool you. [XP] )

Anyway, nice to meet you all! I look forward to settling in with friendly folk.

CK 08-30-2014 04:40 AM

Welcome back to Menewsha! What was your old username? Maybe we knew each other. xD

We have a lot in common. xD Shy, but like meeting people, writing, reading, roleplaying, video games, scf and fantasy, and the internet. 8D (I am also female.)

We're very friendly here (as you probably remember), so don't be shy poking around and joining in conversations. :3

SpencerW 08-30-2014 04:44 AM

It was Miiyako. I came back once around several months ago, but I was heavily into roleplaying on Tumblr at the time (still do roleplay on tumblr, in the TF2 fandom xD ), and wound up quitting again. I decided to come back with a fresh account because I miss this site too much.

But yeah! I remember how friendly everyone here is, and I missed that in a community. It'll be nice to find people with like interests that I can chat with easily.

Thank you for the welcome though!

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 05:05 AM

Miiyako sounds familiar. Welcome back to mene ^^

SpencerW 08-30-2014 05:59 AM

I posted in the Disabilities thread a few times, that's probably where you know me from. :D
But thank you! I actually plan on sticking around this time.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 06:14 AM

Glad you intend to stick around [yes] Always such a wonderful thing to hear

SpencerW 08-30-2014 06:16 AM

I remember I used to love this site-the people and the items- and I made myself sad when I realized what I'd given up. Out of all the sites I've ever joined, this one is probably my favorite in terms of community.

The roleplay community is decent enough too, and I love how organized it is. I'm actually trying to get a few of my friends to join Menewsha, I think they'd enjoy it.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 06:17 AM

[eager] More food people?

Well it's only given up if you can't get it back :)

SpencerW 08-30-2014 06:23 AM

xD That is true!

Also yes, more people. :3 I've made a few amazing friends on Tumblr, and here recently I started talking about joining an avatar site again for roleplaying purposes and general chatting.

Some of them are waffling over it still, but they're definitely interested.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 06:30 AM

If they don't mind that general chatting all going to food then this place is perfect [lol]

If you're gonna roleplay you might as well earn internet currency right? [yes]

SpencerW 08-30-2014 06:46 AM

Nah they're cool with whatever. They just wanna be able to remain in contact with me, is the biggest thing. :3
And yes, internet currency is always fun.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 07:04 AM

Well theres lots of ways to keep in contact here :D

SpencerW 08-30-2014 07:08 AM

That's one thing I do love about this site-how easy it is to keep in contact. It feels more personal, which I love.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 07:14 AM

Indeed. And plus, it's oddly addictive so there's a good chance if they leave they'll be back XD

SpencerW 08-30-2014 07:16 AM

I think it's the layout. It's pleasing to the eye, which, to me at least, makes me want to keep coming back. Nice layouts help with the addiction. xD

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 07:24 AM

Pleasing to the eye? I don't really notice anymore, as I've seen it for so long [lol]

SpencerW 08-30-2014 07:27 AM

The layout is simple and easy to navigate. xD I'm sorta weird with stuff like that though.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 07:28 AM

That's not weird. I mean unless you're trying to challenge yourself, easy is usually the preferred option owo

SpencerW 08-30-2014 06:00 PM

Well, yeah, that's a good point. xD I've been on some hard-to-navigate sites, and it's not very much fun.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 06:13 PM

Some of them are filled with ads too o.o

SpencerW 08-30-2014 06:20 PM

Yeah, I don't care for ads anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't have any money, nor do I want to spend money to get rid of the ads. Kinda sucks. I try to more or less ignore them if I can.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 06:24 PM

Same here [yes] thankfully we don't have ads here :D
Only thing we get is a yellow banner for if we need to see something.

Maria-Minamino 08-30-2014 06:26 PM

fufufu yep - we've managed to stay ad free for 7 years :D That's something I love about mene :D

SpencerW 08-30-2014 06:50 PM

I do like that a lot. It makes it very nice to navigate the site without having some weird and sometimes creepy ad pop up.

The Wandering Poet 08-30-2014 07:33 PM

[ninja] That's why you get adblockplus
(Just be sure to allow it on sites you actually want to support)