View Single Post
jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IadulDraculai View Post

I have been told multiple times that my 'lovely personality' makes up for me physical flaws.
I hope you told the people who said that to go fuck themselves. Who are they to decide that you have physical flaws? Who are they to clearly think that they themselves are a pinnacle of perfection, or at the very least are better than you?

God, people are arseholes.

But then again, so often a person who has been told over and over again that they are beautiful and pretty feels that that makes them better than other people, sad but true. I love it when I meet a person who is attractive to my eyes but is humble about it and hasn't let it give them a huge ego like it does with many. But it must be pretty hard to remain grounded if you have people fawning over you because of your looks.

you can tell from this that I'm a very normal-looking person who doesn't have this happen to them xD I got called ugly more than enough when I was at the worst possible age to be called that, during my school years...but that was just by people who were happy to have a less attractive person about so they could feel better about themselves by comparison.