View Single Post
Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM

Kita: owo My dad does that. He is so unbelievably racist, sexist, and homophobic, but he firmly denies being any of the three. It drives me nuts because I'm a lesbian, so I hate both the homophobic freakouts (him constantly saying stuff like, "You should get a boyfriend!" and even going so far as to bribe me to get a male date to prom. I decided to go with my gay best friend and then meet up with my girlfriend there. That way, everyone's happy :P) and the sexist attitude.

Thoth: :D Thank you!

Cricket: I'm not really what you'd call racist, but I get pissed by the special treatment minorities receive. This whole "white guilt" thing has gone too far. I mean, the fact that people can get scholarships based on if they're black, Indian, Mexican, or, hell, even gay pisses me off. It should be based on academic merit and that's it.
And the fact that "only white people can be racist" makes me so angry. I just get pissed at the major differences in how things like that are dealt with based on whether you're a middle class white guy or not.
I mean, I get mad when people give me special treatment for being gay. :\ I get off on things because the teachers are afraid I'll cry discrimination (like I get let off so much for PDA whereas other hetero couples don't). It's ridiculous.

Last edited by Bishielurfer; 12-22-2008 at 08:31 PM..