hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-07-2018, 11:31 PM

Yikes, somehow that doesn't sound like that's a good feeling

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-10-2018, 08:06 PM

It's my default where work is involved. Yyyyech XP.

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-14-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
Any sort of juice heated sounds...unappetizing |I
I was there when the nurse tried to get her to drink it. That nurse was terrible to her. Who would want to drink hot prune juice and butter? One of her medicines is horrible and I know she has a time trying to get it down. It's called lactulose, it taste like burnt honey butter with the consistence of thick honey, shes supposed to take 15 ml of it daily. I tried it once and that was enough for me.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 PM

That nurse is a crackbrain. Or she's like my aunt, who I'm pretty sure her taste buds don't work at all, because her food is just...nasty.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 11:39 PM

Leaving lots of love, good thoughts and prayers for my very dear friend

marnie

Old 02-16-2018, 11:50 PM

leaving muliemarnie lurves too

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-17-2018, 08:16 AM

Its amazing how non-sympathetic some folks in the health care profession can be!
When I was taking my ex husband's mom to her doctor appointments. ..she had small cell throat cancer...there was the doc that jambed the scope up her nose and down her throat without any form of gentleness, the nurse that demanded she finish drinking some barium cocktail before she could relieve herself from the diarrhea it brought on, (she was a paraplegic, so going to the restroom took more time and effort thsn for most people), and the nurse's aid that dropped her feet onto the bed from such a height that it broke one of her feet.
The nursing home wasn't much better.
She was treated the best at hospice...when she was so close to dying that she didn't even know how well she was being cared for!
In my opinion, if you don't want to deal with sick people, you should have turned toward a different career!

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-17-2018, 09:12 PM

Eugh...that sounds like the crap FHN would pull, to be honest. I wouldn't trust them with a bruised knee.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-17-2018, 09:51 PM

I ate too much pineapple

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-19-2018, 07:25 PM

Damia Flagg:
Heya!
I was thinking about you and wondering how stuff is going for you.
I hope things have been getting better for you!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-19-2018, 07:53 PM

Now I have cantaloupe. I really should eat an orange/halo instead.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-20-2018, 07:01 AM

Inzanebraned: Stuff is going slow. Seems like I make some progress then backslide some with the fluid. Right now I'm completely out of one of my fluid pills and the doctor was supposed to write a new prescription & he did, but not for the correct dosage. He has me taking extra fluid pills when I'm not at work, but he only did it for 30 pills instead of 45 which is what he said he was gonna write it for. We keep trying to get in touch with him, but aren't having any luck. The nurse said she would talk to him & try to get it fixed. I ran out of them on Sunday & insurance won't cover another prescription for at least another week. I can't take over the counter fluid pills because of a bad reaction to a dye they put in it.

---------- Post added 02-20-2018 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Its amazing how non-sympathetic some folks in the health care profession can be!
When I was taking my ex husband's mom to her doctor appointments. ..she had small cell throat cancer...there was the doc that jambed the scope up her nose and down her throat without any form of gentleness, the nurse that demanded she finish drinking some barium cocktail before she could relieve herself from the diarrhea it brought on, (she was a paraplegic, so going to the restroom took more time and effort thsn for most people), and the nurse's aid that dropped her feet onto the bed from such a height that it broke one of her feet.
The nursing home wasn't much better.
She was treated the best at hospice...when she was so close to dying that she didn't even know how well she was being cared for!
In my opinion, if you don't want to deal with sick people, you should have turned toward a different career!
My Dad had problems with an emergency room doctor. Dad told him it was his appendix & it ended up bursting because the doctor said he was to old to have an appendicitis. Sorry I didn't know there was an age limit on having an appendicitis.
That was the first time that I remember my dad ever having to spend any time in the hospital, even after cancer treatments he never had to stay in the hospital. I told mom she should have sued the doctor because if he would of listened the appendix would not of burst. I blame the doctor and don't think they should of had to pay for the emergency room visit or the emergency room doctor. I don't normally suggest suing anyone, but that jerk needed it. He could have killed dad.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-20-2018, 08:43 AM

I'm sorry your dad had to go through that!
Some emergency room docs are just heartless and deaf!
I took my daughter into the ER for a fever and got "yelled" at and berated fo having taken her outside in the middle of the night...
I was a young mother of a special needs child and I was worried...and a few kind words of advice would have gone a long way!
So...as it turned out, she was admitted 2 days later with Croup.
The first day while she was an in-patient, I walked into the room as the nurses aid was trying to feed my 1 year old daughter toddler food...
Sarah, being developmentally delayed was still being fed pureed food and very soft diet...and here's this gal shoveling chunks of food that required chewing into her mouth!
I asked what she thought she was doing...that she required a soft diet and she argued with me and said thst doc had ordered this diet...and about that time my daughter started turning blue and was choking on the food that was put into her mouth!
I grabbed Sarah up and whacked her on her back to dislodge the food and turned to the aid and told her that she REALLY NEEDED TO FIND SOME BABY FOOD RIGHT NOW! and demanded to talk to the doc!
That aid had turned white as a ghost with fear...she left the room...baby food arrived...doc came and we chatted and she said that she only assumed that a toddler diet was appropriate and that the aid should have listened to our concerns in the first place...
We never saw that aid again during Sarah's 3 day stay!
I still get doctors and therapists who try to tell me what Sarah wants and needs...Like, I've been her full time parent for 35 years, but I don't know what she wants and needs??...but THEY do?
But...we have had a couple exceptional docs throughout the years...but they are hard to come by and never hang around very long!

Sorry for the mini-novel! Sometimes I get started and don't know when to quit! Lol!

I hope your doc gets your meds straightened out!
We have had that same scenario happen to us with Sarah's seizure meds...but her doc got right on the ball and fixed the problem right away.
I sure hope you get a handle on the fluid problem.
I can only imagine how scary that must be!
I hope you get to feeling better real soon

Last edited by Inzanebraned; 02-20-2018 at 08:46 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-20-2018, 07:16 PM

I think doctors lose that feeling of why they became doctors in the first place. They think people are just complaining for attention I guess. They don't realize some of our family members wouldn't go to the hospital unless they were on their last breath. I wish you had sued too.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-21-2018, 01:00 AM

We had a neighbor who was an ER nurse...
He admitted that he had to "shut his emotions off" in order to do his job without becoming a mental basketcase because when he invested emotion toward someone who didn't make it, it could affect him for days.
But his biggest problem was that he didn't know how to turn the emotions back on when he wasn't at work and he wound up being rather heartless toward his friends. He had a really tough time in the romance department because of this also.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-21-2018, 01:09 AM

I am using a matchbook and failing miserably

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-21-2018, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

I am using a matchbook and failing miserably
A "matchbook" as in a book of matches?...or am I misunderstanding something?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-21-2018, 03:49 AM

MACbook Air laptop

Last edited by hummy; 02-22-2018 at 11:52 PM..

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-21-2018, 07:34 AM

OOOOH!
In that case, I can offer you absolutely no advice, Sorry!
Match-books I know quite a bit about...but not MacBooks!

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-22-2018, 10:26 PM

I've noticed that Macs work pretty much the same as all other OSes XP.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-26-2018, 12:10 AM

everything seems backwards