Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 03-25-2012, 08:46 PM

Maybe soon. I really want to try them too, but we have been so busy we haven't been to the grocery store in a while.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2012, 03:47 AM

Tomorrow I'll be (hopefully - if I don't forget to make dinner again) trying this vegetable curry. I've been meaning to try curry for a while now and even bought some curry powder and canned coconut milk, but I keep forgetting to get around to making it. This thread has inspired me to try more new recipes, so I'm going for this. :D I have to make a few substitutions (curry powder instead of paste - I know it's not the same thing, but I don't have paste; yellow mustard seeds instead of brown - they just didn't have brown seeds at the store; brown rice instead of white rice because it's better for me, even if the flavor won't be the same) but I'm sure it'll still be good!

ktbee
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 AM

Cherry: Yum! I love curry :) It's really fun to make too. At least, I thought it was.. :)

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-26-2012, 07:44 AM

Good luck with the curry Cherry! I should try and find a korma curry recipe since I liked that one. P:

ktbee
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Uhhhh... Drool! Did you make cheesecake?! :O
Edit: Nevermind, found out it's a sig picture. Num num. ;(

Last edited by ktbee; 03-26-2012 at 03:01 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2012, 05:04 PM

I keep asking people for korma recipes and they keep sending them to me, but then I always forget to save them. :/ I know Jelly sent me one, but I don't remember where, so I can't find it now. :lol:

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-26-2012, 05:10 PM

@kt: Hahah, sorry to disappoint. :XD There's a cheesecake recipe I want to try, but I want to use a springform pan. Which I don't haaaas.

@Cherry: Ooh. I'll pester Jelly about the recipe then. :ninja:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Nooo, she can't know I asked her for a recipe and then didn't even save it! :lol:

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Hmm. I'll have to think of a way to drag it out of her without being obvious then. :ninja:

I could just ask and then "not know" that you're supposed to have it. :XD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM

I just need to try to remember what thread it was in. :lol:

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Ooh. :XD That's more understandable.

ktbee
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-26-2012, 08:33 PM

Ikuto: Haha it was a serious disappointment. :P I hope you get one soon! :) Are they expensive?

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-27-2012, 04:05 AM

I don't think they are (at least, not the kind I'd be buying XD). But I don't know for sure.

DeLish
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2012, 05:49 AM

Hello,

My dream job is to run a French restaurant with French-speaking waiters and menus... but maybe not limiting ourselves to French cuisine. We'd have a French section, and then an International or American section. =3

I've made a New Year's Resolution to cook a new recipe every Sunday. And not just something easy I've never done before like Pigs In A Blanket or something; pasta dishes, cool desserts, new ways to flavor meat, stuff like that. I'm enjoying it so far, but losing steam for lack of money for ingredients, time, and umph to clean up afterward :gonk:

Just poppin' in,
Delish

(haha, my name fits here)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 AM

I made the curry! I was afraid that it might come out not to my tastes, but it was delicious! I ended up eating a bit more than I should have, which is very rare for me. I've never had curry before or anything like it, so it was an entirely new taste for me, which was refreshing.

I also made strawberry lemon green tea earlier today! It wasn't quite as delicious as it was in my mind, but I think I got some of the ratios a bit off since I quadrupled the recipe. It was still really good, though!

DeLish - Good luck on your resolution! I know this thread has been very good with helping me cook new things. I've only been cooking for myself for about a year now, so I kept getting stuck in a rut of making the same few things over and over. This thread reminds me to branch out and gets me excited about new foods. So stick around, it might help you too!

ktbee
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Cherry: Yay! Glad the curry (and tea) turned out well~! :)

DeLish: Welcome, and good luck with your dream and resolution! :) The international foods would be good for someone like me, who doesn't particularly like French foods, hehe.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 PM

Hi Lish! :D Indeed, good luck to your resolution~
I definitely feel your pain on the cleaning up afterwards. Haha. If I have the energy to, I'll clean up while I'm still getting ingredients together, or while the food is cooking. Doesn't always happen that way though. :lol:

@Cherry: Yay! Glad it worked out and you liked it.

Hmm. That seems like an interesting drink. Might be worth giving a shot! :D

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Yeah, I try to clean up as I go along. If there's a moment where something has to sit and simmer for a bit or I'm waiting for something to heat up, I'll use that to put cutting boards in the sink, wipe up any little messes, put things away, etc. That way when I'm all done and have eaten, all I have to do is pack up the leftovers and maybe clean one more thing.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 03-27-2012 at 10:36 PM..

ktbee
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Agreed. That's the way to do it, especially if you don't have help in the kitchen. :)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 PM

Oh yeah, I can't wait until I have help. I've made it clear to my boyfriend that when we move in together, there will be no "housewife" stuff, we will both share the workload, proportional to how hard we're working out of the house (like, I wouldn't expect him to do a ton of housework if he was scheduled for a lot of hours at work and had finals or something). So I plan to make him help me with dinner often. :lol: That way he can learn to cook it himself when I'm not able to! And of course, I'd cook by myself when he was unable to help.

DeLish
*^_^*

Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 AM

I wish I was better at the housewife duties because that's what I'd like to do. Worry about all the household issues while my husband worries about all the money issues. The issue is finding a man who appreciates and understands that proper housework can be a job in itself, not hoarding the leisure money to himself because he's the one who makes it. "Yeah, well, I'm the one who literally puts the food on the table and irons your shirts so you have a better chance at that promotion, bucko!"

I just hate cleaning. So that lifestyle will most likely not work for me. We'd both have to work, so that it made sense for us both to do housework. I'll cook, he'll clean. I love cooking for guys, I really do. I don't like cooking for just myself. I've never cooked for a girl other than my two best friends who've moved away. I just don't like making a meal for one person.

I use Allrecipes most times to find new recipes. I'll look around for something or two I haven't used in my pantry or freezer and look up recipes that include that. It's amazing the ingredients I'd completely forgotten about like sour cream, whipping cream, pesto, bread crumbs... I've been getting behind on my Sundays, but so far I've made:
  • Salmon Croquette
  • Pesto Pizza on originally raw dough (not frozen or dry or rolled up in a can, but sticky in a ball!)
  • Chicken & Bacon Carbonara
  • Bacon Tomato Cups (cups made of biscuits :yum: )
  • Pan-Seared Pork Chops
  • Cream Basil Chicken Pasta Dish
  • Spinach & Artichoke Dip (OMG IT TURNED OUT SOOO DELICIOUS)
  • Spinach & Feta Quiche
  • Scrambled Eggs (lol, I don't like them, so why cook them)
  • Strawberry Shortcake (totally did it wrong lol shoulda checked a recipe first)
  • Italian Meatballs

I plan to try cookies from scratch and pie some Sunday. I'm intimidated even though people say things are "easy as pie" xD
Any other suggestions you think I should try out?

ktbee
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 AM

Yum, yum! Some of those sound super good. :D

As far as cookie recipes go, I love this one :) They're definitely sweet though, so if you don't like sweet, then you might need to adjust the recipe a bit.

Trying to make pizza and samoa bars at the moment... We'll see how those turn out..

Serenus
*^_^*

Old 03-29-2012, 05:38 PM

Does anyone have a really good simple drop loaf recipe? Doesn't need to be gluten-free for my husband.

DeLish
*^_^*

Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 PM

Thanks, ktbee! I'm looking over lots of chocolate chip cookie recipes. I think I'll try that one. Ganache looks simple enough to make although the name sounds like a complex recipe xD

And Serenus, I don't know what a drop loaf is xD

Serenus
*^_^*

Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM

A drop loaf is where you just throw dough onto a pan cause I forgot to pick up bread pans yesterday! xD