`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 12-22-2008, 07:13 PM

Aw panda hat. <3
I want a kitty hat to sleep in dude. Or just to wear. I think I'd look pretty adorable with a hat with cat ears. XD

I didn't know you were. Its kinda hard to tell when people are joking sometimes when all you have to go by is these words. xP
But if you were joking, I mean, I wasn't like mad at you or something. I was just defending random people again. XD
I just don't ever want to make people feel bad. Especially for something they like. I mean, saying, "You're bad, because you like this, and do this." Just seems wrong to me. ._.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-22-2008, 07:29 PM

Aww why is the event still not open? D:
Its Dec. 22 right?

Yay welcome to the GSA Bishie. ^^

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-22-2008, 07:37 PM

Kit: I'm not saying that they're bad in general. I'm saying, "What you do freaks me out. Please stay away. ^^;; "

Thoth: The event won't start until this evening.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 12-22-2008, 08:17 PM

Gab:: Yeah, it probably won't start till this evening. ^^

Cricket:: Lol I guess what they do is kinda freaky. xD

I just hate to judge people, you know? I'm more likely to defend /this this and this/ JUST because someone is hating on it.
I do that a lot. I've even started that with my mom, and she doesn't like it.
I plainly called her a racist the other day. O.o
Because she is, and pretends she's not.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-22-2008, 08:26 PM

I'm a racist. Well, to a degree. I'll drop racial slurs in conversation with people. But the thing is? I have some pretty good black friends. I have some pretty good Asian friends. I even have a few Mexican/Hispanic friends that I love to death.

The problem with racial stereotypes is that there's generally a very good reason they exist. But I'll call trash of any race by a racial slur. It doesn't matter what race you are, if you're trash, I'll think a slur.

And I will admit, although not proudly, that if I see some big black man walking on the street near me, I'll feel a bit nervous. Especially if I don't like the look on his face (on his face, not the look OF his face). Of course, I'd feel the same way about a man of any race.

People call me a racist, but it's funny because my black friends agree with my views on people, regardless of race. Personally I'm just 'racist' against stupidity and people acting like trash.

I hope you understand what I mean. ^^;; I think I explained it very badly...

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM

Kita: owo My dad does that. He is so unbelievably racist, sexist, and homophobic, but he firmly denies being any of the three. It drives me nuts because I'm a lesbian, so I hate both the homophobic freakouts (him constantly saying stuff like, "You should get a boyfriend!" and even going so far as to bribe me to get a male date to prom. I decided to go with my gay best friend and then meet up with my girlfriend there. That way, everyone's happy :P) and the sexist attitude.

Thoth: :D Thank you!

Cricket: I'm not really what you'd call racist, but I get pissed by the special treatment minorities receive. This whole "white guilt" thing has gone too far. I mean, the fact that people can get scholarships based on if they're black, Indian, Mexican, or, hell, even gay pisses me off. It should be based on academic merit and that's it.
And the fact that "only white people can be racist" makes me so angry. I just get pissed at the major differences in how things like that are dealt with based on whether you're a middle class white guy or not.
I mean, I get mad when people give me special treatment for being gay. :\ I get off on things because the teachers are afraid I'll cry discrimination (like I get let off so much for PDA whereas other hetero couples don't). It's ridiculous.

Last edited by Bishielurfer; 12-22-2008 at 08:31 PM..

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM

O_O How late this evening?
I might be asleep

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-22-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishielurfer View Post
Kita: owo My dad does that. He is so unbelievably racist, sexist, and homophobic, but he firmly denies being any of the three. It drives me nuts because I'm a lesbian, so I hate both the homophobic freakouts (him constantly saying stuff like, "You should get a boyfriend!" and even going so far as to bribe me to get a male date to prom. I decided to go with my gay best friend and then meet up with my girlfriend there. That way, everyone's happy :P) and the sexist attitude.

Thoth: :D Thank you!

Cricket: I'm not really what you'd call racist, but I get pissed by the special treatment minorities receive. This whole "white guilt" thing has gone too far. I mean, the fact that people can get scholarships based on if they're black, Indian, Mexican, or, hell, even gay pisses me off. It should be based on academic merit and that's it.
And the fact that "only white people can be racist" makes me so angry. I just get pissed at the major differences in how things like that are dealt with based on whether you're a middle class white guy or not.
I mean, I get mad when people give me special treatment for being gay. :\ I get off on things because the teachers are afraid I'll cry discrimination (like I get let off so much for PDA whereas other hetero couples don't). It's ridiculous.
If by 'Indian' you mean Native American, I'm all for them getting special treatment. We have treated them like shit and taken away their land and they're still treated like shit.

White people are assholes. Black people are assholes. Everyone of every race is just a bunch of assholes. The key isn't to look at the outside, but to look on the inside. But in this day and age it's so hard to do that. Especially when every guy in sight either looks like a stereotypical gay, a murderer, or his pants are down to his ankles. Or when every girl in sight has their skirt showing everything, wears a perfectly visible thong, and is showing so much cleavage you're surprised her boobs aren't randomly grabbing and devouring people.

Thus, why I like the internet. Why? Because you can make friends without knowing what race or gender they are. Later on you can find those things out, after you already like them.

The internet both helps racism and destroys it at the same time.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-22-2008, 08:45 PM

Oh ok thanks, Cricket. XD I don't know if I'll be around this evening...
Thats funny, Cricket... About your racial slurs I mean. Hahaha.
As long as your friends know you aren't serious....

Sure thang, Bishie. x3 I haven't been posting that much today...
I'm kinda all over the place. Lol.

Thanks christa. *hugs* I gotta study more. x----x ehhh.

Hello lilim~ *glomps*

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 PM

Actually, I'm absolutely serious when I use slurs. But my friends know how I mean them, and that they're not directed at them and they honestly agree with me.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 PM

*nod* That's good that they're not offended...
I mean, I know how it can be annoying when Mexicans honk at girls... Or people they think are girls and than you just want to flip them off. ><

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox

Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 PM

Cricket: I'm sick of it. :\ You know, we enslaved the black people, we took the Native American's land...wait, no, correction: our ancestors enslaved the black people and took the land. The people who suffered are all dead now (well, with the exception of a few African Americans. They deserve special treatment :3) and we're just giving the rewards to people who didn't experience it and making those who aren't at fault feel guilty for it.
I wouldn't be so peeved if some tribes weren't abusing it. My father fishes, and he constantly sees Native American tribes using large nets to catch hundreds of fish effortlessly. These fish that white fisherman are allowed to keep only three of because they're "endangered". Well, gee, I wonder why.
And the tribes last year who wanted to get rid of Thanksgiving as a national holiday. It's stupid, it's pointless, and they just took away any right they had to their benefits. People keep preaching they want equality, but no--they want special treatment, and it's bullshit, and I stand by that for every group.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM

Bishie: Actually, a lot of tribes are still treated like shit. I don't agree with everything they do, but I admit they're still treated like shit.

No, blacks shouldn't be treated special because of the slaves. Because little punk ass black boys go, "YOU WILL RESPECT ME 'CAUSE I'M NOT A SLAVE!!" No shit. Neither was your grandaddy. So STFU and get off the planet.

Though I have to say something about slaves. The blacks who were raised by blacks who were raised by slaves (you know what I mean) are extremely beautiful people. They have these amazing hearts, these amazing singing voices, and they don't try to pull the same shit that the 'majority' (at least what's portrayed as the majority) try to pull.

Have you ever heard a black woman sing? I don't mean some flimsy little pop star, I mean a real black woman, with morals and love in her heart. They're stunning. Why can't everybody of every color have morals like that?

I also prefer black choirs over white choirs. Black choirs bring out the soul in the most boring music. You can't help but love what they sing, even if you don't share their faith. Whereas white choirs? It sounds like a bunch of prudes clinching their asscheeks together tightly while they sing.

Some black guy once tried to pull that whole 'slave' thing on me once. I knocked him down with something along the lines of, "Yeah, and you know what? Black people in Africa STILL enslave and slaughter each other. So if you really want to use that excuse, go be their bitch. My great great great great white daddy didn't escape a bitchy king just to have some black boy try to guilt trip me."

If they pull 'racial guilt' just give it right back to them.

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox

Old 12-22-2008, 10:02 PM

Most of the Native Americans I've met are assholes. They pull the "they took our land and slaughtered our people" shit on me all the time. My response? "It isn't your land. It's land. It doesn't belong to anyone. People die everyday. Be happy you're still alive and get over it."
What happens to a people does not happen to a person, and I'm getting tired of everyone acting like they're entitled to something because their great great great great grandpa was murdered by the white man.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishielurfer View Post
What happens to a people does not happen to a person, and I'm getting tired of everyone acting like they're entitled to something because their great great great great grandpa was murdered by the white man.
Exactly. -Applauds-

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 PM

I carry the same thoughts. .__.
I actually think that most black people are being more racist than most white people...

I mean, I've been called racist because I didn't pick this black dude to play a game.
Because he wasn't good at it, along with the asian girl and about ten white kids. D<
Picking teams usually involves picking your mates by ability, doesn't it? >:l

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 AM

I know Bishie.... My gypsy people had genocide committed on them during world war 2... but I don't bitch about it all the time. x-----------x

I have some black friends that aren't racist though...
And I've met a lot of white racist people and few black racist people so I still believe that there's more white, racist people than black...

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 AM

P=
In some places it's horribly out of whack, but...
Meh.

I shouldn't have even said that... It's all according to where you are.

Let's just say it's out there, and it shouldn't be.

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Crappy Lia Send a message via Yahoo to Crappy Lia

Old 12-23-2008, 04:30 AM

Mooorning everyooonee
D:
'o jolly morning =_= why must you bring me a final paper in english that i have to submit today.

xD so how is everyone?

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 12-23-2008, 04:33 AM

... xD Crappy Lia?
That's an awesome username..

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-23-2008, 04:40 AM

Indeed ;D
indeed it is

o3o but i love yours more
amg rainbows xD<3
How are you? (:

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 AM

Yeah definitely, rain.

Hello lia how are you? 0 30

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 AM

Im fiine toth xD
have a final paper tho to be finished o:
and i didnt even read the book <_< danngg
xD

and how are you toth?<3

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 12-23-2008, 04:46 AM

I'm good, I'm good 8D

I have this odd feeling though, one that tells me I know you. ._.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 AM

What book did you have to read, lia?
I'm good... Just finished my math final so now the semester is over until a month from now...
And than I have to study for a new semester of college, which I'm just taking chemistry... but it will probably be hard. ><

You know her rain? In rl life?