Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 02:37 AM

DCAA

Welcome to Dragon Cave Addicts Anonymous! Sit down and enjoy the other users with eggs and make sure you help each other out by clicking and growing them. The rules are quite simple. Just follow the ToS and enjoy the people here.

As said before you should click on each others' eggs and dragons to help them grow. You should post them in your signatures and you are allowed to post them here. (would be a nice introductory also.) Soon I will be making an egg as an icon for this hangout that you can steal on this post when it is made! ^-^

Titles
Co-Owner: Yotsy
Event Coordinator: Fabby
1000th post goes to: Kukon
First post on 100th page: A M B E R
Golden Girls: Fabby ;; Yotsy

Well, that's about it. *cuts open ribbon*

Let's talk about eggs bby!

Btw, you can get an egg here if you want one. :)

Icons/banners/Link in: [Now taking requests!]

PHP Code:
[URL=http://tinyurl.com/5fnky4][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/6otybt[/IMG][/URL] 

PHP Code:
[URL=http://preview.tinyurl.com/5fnky4][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/66tuys[/IMG][/URL] 

PHP Code:
[URL=http://preview.tinyurl.com/5fnky4][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/58xdvr[/IMG][/URL] 
By tentenpuff! :heart:
PHP Code:
[URL=http://preview.tinyurl.com/5fnky4][IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/1tk17c.png[/IMG][/URL] 

PHP Code:
[url=http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/menewsha-nation/96900-dragon-cave-addicts-anonymous.html][IMG]http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww204/XxMist1x/CoolText/DCAA.gif[/IMG][/url] 
Affiliates:

Click here to win '07 rares!

Last edited by Moogle; 08-29-2010 at 08:30 PM..

Yotsy
"Nothing Says Lovin' Like Yotsub...
Send a message via AIM to Yotsy Send a message via MSN to Yotsy Send a message via Yahoo to Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 02:50 AM

Yotsy's Rules:

-- Added 09-09-08 -- Posted on Page 941 --
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsy View Post
As a note to everyone:
Paprika said it earlier in a post two pages ago. I love how she was practically ignored.
If you are going to post your eggs and hatchlings in your posts I expect them to be posted in the [quote ] [/quote ] codes as to avoid the Mods giving you an infraction for posting a "Flob"
This is for your own safety and I, and Paprika have recommended it now. If you are new to the DCAA then of course I'm not going to get upset the first time you forget to use those codes, however I will expect someone who is a regular to remind the new comer.
Quote:
Flobs and other post decoration

Adding a flob or extra images/text to the beginning and end of each of your posts is a form of spam and is not permitted. If you are found to be adding these to your posts, they will be edited out, you will lose the gold gained from the text within the code and you will receive a warning.
Quote:
Removed Egg Descriptions [01-04-09]
Descriptions were removed due to the Art Usage rule that was brought to my attention in the Dragon Cave Registration Agreement. I do apologize to everyone who found the descriptions listed to be helpful. If you are at all curious about the Registration Agreement you can find it here. Again, I apologize and thank you for your understanding.
Added April 15th 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandall View Post
Dear Addicts,

You all seem to be having fun with Menewsha's 2009 Easter Event! Keep finding those clues, because yours truly may not have time to participate. Make me proud!

On a more serious note, I've heard that there have been event threads "branching" from DCAA. If you would like to make an event thread under DCAA, that's fine, but you MUST get permission from either Yotsy or myself. Also, I would like if you could link people to DCAA. We're always happy for new addicts.

Thanks for your cooperation, and keep savin' dem bunnies chilren ;o

P.S Failure to abide by these rules will result in 2 warnings. After that, you're blacklisted. And c'mon, do we really need a blacklist? </3

~Randall

DC//DCAA FAQ

Available Dragon Eggs:
Purple
Gray
Black
Alt Black
Earth
Plant
Alt Plant
Water
Pink
Mint
Stone
Magi/Orange
Fire/Red
White
Split
Paper
Chicken
Silver
Gold
Blue Dino
Green Dino
Red Dino
Yellow Dino
Purple Dino
Skywing
Guardian
Seasons [Summer//Autumn//Winter//Spring]
Vampire
Frilled
Geode
Dorsal [Red//Purple]
Sunrise
Sunset
Striped [White//Blue//Red//Green]
Daydream
Whiptail
Balloon
Cheese
Pygmy
Ochredrake
Translucent
Dragon Horse
Water Horse
Water Walker
Deep Sea
Neotropical
Harvest
Magma
Thunder
Ice
Christmas 07, 08, 09
Two-Finned Blunas
Nocturne
Canopy
Electric

Other Types of Dragons: [[Specifics on Obtaining -- Questionable]]
Christmas Dragon
Neglected Dragon

Most Rare DC Eggs:
Gold, Silver, Paper, Chicken and Dino.

Egg//Hatchlings, How many can I have at once?: [[Taken straight from the DC forum]]
When taking an egg:
If you have 4 or more eggs, you cannot take another egg.
If you have 4 or more hatchlings, you cannot take another egg.

When breeding an egg:
If you have 5 or more eggs, you cannot take another egg.
If you have 5 or more hatchlings, you cannot take another egg.

Growing Dragon Eggs:
There is no set amount. Hatching is based on a ratio of clicks, views, unique views, and time, so there is no magic number that you must reach. It is, for example, possible for an egg to hatch with 0 clicks. In addition, different breeds may require more or less views/unique views/clicks.
Views, Unique Views, and Clicks are statistics that determine if your egg will hatch and if your hatchling will grow. Views are accumulated every time someone views your egg/hatchling/adult. Unique Views are obtained in the same way, except only one unique view is given per egg per person. A "click" occurs when someone clicks on your egg in your signature or wherever you place it. As with Unique Views, clicks are only given once per person.

Also! Clicks are NOT necessary for the hatching process! Though, they can help speed up the process!
The hatching process strictly revolves around the ratio of views to unique views.

Hiding your Egg in Fog:
It is possible to hide your egg in fog as a way to protect it from being viewed. [[As we all are learning, too many views can be bad for your egg.]] Sometimes it is necessary to hide your egg. While an Egg is hidden in the fog it can still crack and hatch and go through the normal growing stages depending on your ratio of views to unique views.
Placing an egg into the fog does keep it from receiving any views or clicks.

Forcing Egg to Hatch:
You have a chance of simply forcing your hatchling out if you use the "kill" action. It might actually successfully kill your baby dragon, however, so most people don't do it until it's about to run out of time (ie. less than 0.05 days left). Be warned, though, that even if you don't kill your dragon, it might run away from you.
It's also believed that forcing is more likely to succeed if it has a big hole right at the end.

Maturing:

Soft Shell?:
Egg soft shell and hatchling sickness is caused by abnormal conditions in the egg. You might be "overfeeding" it, A.K.A. getting too many views in a short period of time. Sickness may also be caused by numbers that don't make sense. (After all, it isn't normal for 20 people to click an egg when only 10 people have seen the image.)
In order to reverse the 'soft shell' you need to get people to view the egg instead of clicking it.

Breeding Adult Dragons:
Yes, you can breed adult dragons.
The "Breed" action is available on the actions menu for female dragons. If you click it, you will be presented with a list of eligable male dragons. Select one of those and breeding will be attempted. Breeding is not always successful, however, and may fail to produce an egg. If it is successful, you will receive the egg immediately.The breed action only appears for adult female dragons. Also, you cannot breed more than once every week per dragon (Both males and females).

Dragons who can't Breed:
Paper Dragons, Dino's and Chickens.

Also, Split dragons can only breed with other split dragons.

Banning from DC:
According to official forums, you don't get banned unless you have 10 killed dragons or eggs on your scroll at the same time.
Supposedly they expire after the two weeks are up and they disappear from your scroll.
Your scroll becomes burned when your account has been banned. Accounts may be banned for a number of reasons, but the most common cause is manually killing too many dragons.

Refreshing Eggs/Hatchlings to death:
Yes, you read right! It is possible for yourself or anyone else viewing your dragon scroll to refresh your babies to death! Every time someone refreshes your scroll it adds ONE view to each of your dragons! Too many views and not enough Unique views is a fast way to get Soft Shell and eventually kill your babies. Should this happen, the best way to try and reverse the soft shell and keep them from death is to hide them in the fog for at least 24hrs.

*Information has been collected from several different users, along with the DC Main Forum*

DCAA Arts~

Last edited by Yotsy; 01-24-2010 at 04:20 AM..

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 03:00 AM

Thanks thur. I gotta invite more people when I come home tomorrow.

Yotsy
Send a message via AIM to Yotsy Send a message via MSN to Yotsy Send a message via Yahoo to Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 03:04 AM

Well I hope that a lot of people find your thread. ^^;
Then we'll have a bunch of people to click on eggies.

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 AM

Yesh. Then everyone would not have to worry about not having clicks. And I knew that kick loosened up your egg!

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 03:52 AM

o.o; Just don't force it out of it's egg... I don't want it to run away @.@;

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 AM

*kicks again*
K, that should do it.

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 AM

@.@; *takes egg and cuddles it*
You gotta stop kickin' it. >.<;

x-AutumnMilrose-x
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-05-2008, 04:22 AM

o: I ish here. :3 I clicked on all your dragons/eggs.

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 04:28 AM

Hey Autumn!~
I can't click on your eggies again just yet. ^^;

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 04:29 AM

Ima stop kicking your eggs Yotsy.
Hey Autumn stick around and chat?

Btw, I made an icon for the hangout!

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 04:32 AM

Hey Randall.
You should TinyURL those addresses to make that a little easier to fit in one's siggy. *nod*

x-AutumnMilrose-x
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-05-2008, 04:33 AM

Hey. ;D And okay. ^^

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 04:34 AM

I keep hearing about this I will try it out tomorrow. Please remind me cuz I definitely won't remember.

Edit:
//testing
Nvm, fixed it.

Quote:

Last edited by Seito; 12-06-2008 at 10:47 AM..

x-AutumnMilrose-x
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-05-2008, 04:37 AM

o.o -Is lost-
I LIKE CHEESE.
:3

My eggies aren't hatching. T_T

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 04:45 AM

Autumn-- Your eggies will hatch! It just takes a little time. *nod*

Randall-- Glad you figured it out because I wouldn't have remembered to remind you. XD.

x-AutumnMilrose-x
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-05-2008, 04:48 AM

;-; But.. they only have 4 days to hatch and grow up D: What if they die! T_T It'll be all my fault.

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 04:59 AM

LMAO that's why I did it because I wouldnt have remembered period. Don't let them die Milrose!

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 05:10 AM

Mine didn't crack until they were about to go to three days. Dun worry! They'll hatch soon enough!~

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 AM

:O! Here orange egg cracked! Time to pass out icon invites to the hangout.

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 PM

Whoot! I'm totally coming here.

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Yay! Autumn all of your eggies have cracked!
>w< Just a little longer and you'll have baby dragons~

Last edited by fiarra; 08-05-2008 at 01:35 AM..

Moogle
Blogger

Old 06-05-2008, 07:02 PM

Lol, glad you could make it Enzeru ^-^ I'll be making more icons for the hangout soon so that you could have a variety of choices for a link in in your siggies

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 06-05-2008, 07:03 PM

O_O
Ilu Randall~!
Yay!

Yotsy

Old 06-05-2008, 07:03 PM

*pokes Skrae*
XD Hello!~