mzw
Girl-Crazy Goofball

Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 PM

We all have songs that are important to us, and we feel like we can relate to. This is the place to share them!

Link (or just name the title of) five different songs, and briefly share why you chose them:

1. A song that gives you goosebumps
2.zOne that describes how you feel most of the time
3.zOne that describes your love life
4. A song that always cheers you up
5. A song that has had a great impact on your life

Here are mine:

1. Us Ones in Between by Sunset Rubdown
This is such a beautiful song. There's a lot of frustration in it. It's heart-wrenching and makes me really emotional. The music video really gets to me too. I think the song is supposed to feel very sentimental, and it does. You can listen to it once, and it's like you've heard it your whole life.

2. Formula (Equation) by Aphex Twin
This song is really out there, if my thoughts came out as a song it would sound like this. I'm not saying I'm unique by any means, I'm sure most people feel as disorganized as I do. But whenever I listen to it, I just feel like, 'exactly! you get me, song!' Another cool thing about this piece is that when you watch it on a spectograph (a machine that turns frequencies into images), it creates a picture of a really spooky looking face. (Aphex Twin likes to do stuff like that) I guess for me, that symbolizes how I struggled in the past with mental illness, and how and how badly I want to forget about it. However, the memories will always be there. Thankfully, other people who get to know me, can never tell.

3. I haven't been in a relationship yet! (There's no other girls that I like in my teeny tiny town) But I bet you have!

4. Mrs. Brown You have a Lovely Daughter (covered) by Phranc
Is it normal to have crushes on people as older than your mom? Phranc is such a cutie! I am in love with her music! She has a song about not parking in handicapped parking spots if you're not handicapped. I mean, how great!! I just am always so happy when I listen to her music.

5. Kid A - Radiohead
This is the first Radiohead song I had ever heard. Radiohead has been my favorite band for just about six years now. I started listening to them when I was in middle school. Kid A was such a major song for me, because it transitioned me from listening to crappy sucky music to excellent A+ music. I didn't know cool music existed before I listened to that song. All I had heard was what was on the radio. (I listened to a lot of Muse in grade six and seven, but I really don't like them at all. I'm embarrassed to admit that I listened to them)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-26-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Kokoro - Rin Kagamine - YouTube
Not even sure why, but it does so very much.
Quote:
2.One that describes how you feel most of the time
I don't think there is actually a song that can describe how I feel o.o
Quote:
3.One that describes your love life
jimmie rodgers, kisses sweeter than wine - YouTube
This one explains my current relationship pretty well. It's also catchy :O
Quote:
Green Day: "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" - [Official Video] - YouTube
A very strange song given it's a very depressing song. Somehow it helps.
Quote:
I don't think I actually have a song that's impacted my life a ton...

MinakoAxule
SpIdErS iN tHe BrAiN

Old 05-26-2013, 05:31 PM

1. A song that gives me goosebumps.
Yuki Kajiura - Fear that song is so scarry I can't play it around most people or they shrivel up into a ball!

2. A song that describes how I always feel.
Yuki Kajiura - In the Land of Twilight Under the Moon, man that song speaks to me it's how I feel I live life just dancing for all the idiots around me!

3. A song that describes your love life. Well I have no love life neither have ever had one but I know a song that describes how I feel about that.
Savage Garden - Carry On Dancing , Yup it shows that I'm super depressed everyone else romancing but me....

4. A song that cheers you up. That's hard I have many but I do have one song I sing when I'm upset~
Yuki Kajiura - Image Theme of Xenosaga 2 (Fatal Fight) Lots of screaming that helps me get my anger out in a good way~

5. A song that has had a great impact on your life.
Globe - Faces. I heard that song on a tape casset that my brother brought home from his summer Japanese classes. It got me into jpop and anime and I still have it on my mp3 player to this day~ Been with me since I was 11 and I'm going on 29 now!

rhinocerosrex
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-26-2013, 09:22 PM

Small Bump - Ed Sheeran

2.One that describes how you feel most of the time

Live While We're Young - One Direction

3.One that describes your love life

i don't have one hehe

Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland