Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-24-2010, 05:58 AM

Rei took a deep breath of air as the last of the customers left for the night. Sometimes she hated working nights, especially football nights. While the bar was really just a rather friendly bar, on sports nights, it got loud. She pushed her black hair behind her ear with one hand, too busy cleaning up spilt salt to tie it back with a scrunchie. She'd do that in a minute or two.

She flipped her hand over and cupped her palm to put the salt on it to toss in the trash, showing a distinctive scar on her left wrist; it was shaped almost like a U, but with a shallower dip and more angled sides. The scar gleamed faintly red in the lighting before she dumped the salt, hiding her wrist beneath her long sleeves again.

Rei was quick to finish up the rest of her closing chores; she refilled all the salt and pepper shakers, and made sure the ketchup and mustard bottles were full, before she went out into the parking lot. She and her roommate usually carpooled, since they usually shared the same shifts anyway. Tonight was her night to drive. That was fine by her, since she almost never drank alcohol anyway, and she liked driving this late at night. She had never been bothered by the dark or the woods around their town. Sometimes she preferred them to civilization and the city.

"You ready, hun?" she called to her friend, waiting by the car. They usually finished at about the same time. But maybe she was just chatting with their boss, Terry.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 AM

Cin stood in front of the rowdy bar, waving to the strangling customers, and giving their boss, Terry a quick hug. True to her nickname, Cin had dabbled in quiet a few things she should not have, and Terry had helped her out quiet a bit. She owed him.

As her roommate, and best friend, Rei, called out to her, Cin, whose real name was actually Lillian, turned and grinned, jogging towards her. Her frame was tall, and she seemed to enjoy showing it off. Her blond hair, as usual, and straightened, and framed her face, letting her pouting lips painted a bright red stand out. Along with her other features, her baby blue eyes were framed with eyeliner, and she’d used them to make men fall at her feet.

“Sorry, Rei…” She apologized, though she was normally late. It was clear as she stumbled in her high heels that she’d taken quite a few shots the patrons normally tried to buy the girls. “Do we gotta head home right now? That cute boy from earlier is still ogling you…” She whispered to Rei, leaning on her friend.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-24-2010, 06:14 AM

Rei laughed quietly as she watched Cin stumble a little on her way over. That wasn't unusual; she would have been more surprised if Cin hadn't taken a drink that night.

"No, we don't have to," Rei said with a tolerant little grin. She was very tolerant of most things, and most of all of Cin. Though of only average height, especially since she chose not to wear heels of any kind, Rei had a way of making her presence known. Now, however, was not one of those times.

"But, if we stick around for much longer and you fall flat on your ass, I have all the right in the world to laugh at you and then offer you help up."

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:26 AM

Cin snickered and wobbled a bit, before ushering her friend towards the male she was speaking about. “You should go say hi and ask him to help your drunk friend in the car…” She finally muttered, opening up her purse and tugging out a cigarette.

She leaned on the car, and gave her friend a wink.

The male she was speaking about was tall, almost six foot. He already held a cigarette, leaning against the building. His eyes were steely grey, and at first glance, it seemed he was looking at Cin. It was clear when Rei moved, however, that his eyes were on her. She was awfully tempting to Azrier. He wondered what she would scream like. You’re mine He seemed to state, though he never opened his mouth.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-24-2010, 06:37 AM

Rei sighed but accepted her friend's prodding. Cin liked to try to get her to date men, or at least go talk with them. Cin was by far the more outgoing of the two; Rei rarely had dates, not for lack of drunk offers. She was just a little shy around men.

She stopped a foot or so away from the man, biting her lower lip briefly. "Hi," she managed with a small, albeit bright, smile. "Um, I was wondering if you could maybe help me? My friend is... kind of drunk, and with those shoes she'll trip and break her ankle, or something. So, um. If it wouldn't be too much trouble." Rei floundered to a stop there, her cheeks turning pink as she glanced into steel gray eyes and quickly away again. He made her even more nervous than most men.

Letiferos looked down at the scene from far above, his head tilted to the side. He hadn't had much contact with humans, and yet his orders were to watch over this town, with a few humans specifically. Those two girls were two of those mentioned. Why, he didn't know. He just followed his orders.

Had he been standing, and in the light, many people would have looked twice. Standing at nearly 6'4" with black messy hair and insanely blue eyes, Letiferos was considered to be attractive by many humans, the ones who had seen him. But for now he chose to stay up and out of sight, a silent observer.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:46 AM

Her friend was finally talking to a boy, and now that attention was off her, Cin dropped the drunk act. She was platinum blond naturally, and it tended to work to her advantage to play it up. She was actually smart, and rarely drank. Even her best friend barely knew her, though Rei thought she did.

Cin sighed, and took a drag from the cigarette, wobbling as Azrier glanced over.

The demon in mortal form turned his gaze to the floozy by the car, then looked back to Rei. “Yeah. Sure. Whatever you want, babe.” He muttered, pushing away from the wall. He moved over to Cin quickly. “Eh. You. Get in the car.” Cin glared at him, and raised an eyebrow. Perhaps the wrong man for sweet Rei…

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-24-2010, 06:53 AM

Rei couldn't help but snicker a little at the man's tone. Well, not exactly what she'd meant, but oh well. This man was definitely off her list. She wasn't in to bad boys. Not as far as she knew, anyway.

"Come on, Cin. Into the car so we can go home," she said, opening the passenger door and motioning for her friend to get in. She glanced at Azrier once before dropping her gaze to the ground again.

"Thanks," she said with a half-smile. He had amused her, if nothing else. She just wanted to get home, change into more comfortable clothes, and flop into bed and sleep for several hours. Neither of them had anything to do in the mornings, which worked out well.

Letiferos's eyes narrowed as he focused on Azrier, seeing him for what he really was. He held off, however, just observing for the moment. The demon didn't seem to be getting anywhere with either girl, and they seemed about to leave.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 10-24-2010, 07:08 AM

Azrier’s head jerked around, his mouth open and his eyes wide. The woman…had laughed at him? The demon frowned, eyeing her openly. No woman had…laughed at him… And clearly, that wouldn’t get Azrier into her bed.

Cin lurched away from the car, and Azrier’s mouth twitched as he watched her. This lady wasn’t drunk…just a good actor. His grey orbs glanced to Rei, before returning to Cin. He stepped next to her, gripping her arm and tugging her into the passenger seat. He glared at her, keeping his face away from Rei’s view. Quickly, he did the female’s buckle, whispering. “Why’re you acting like that if you ain’t drunk?”

“Dunno whatchu’re talking about…” Cin slurred.

“Knock it off…and help me out…I’m sure your friend wouldn’t want to know you’re lying…”

“…Rei!” Cin called out as the demon slipped out of the car. He turned, as if leaving. “Rei…I…I may be sick…you think your new friend can help me out of the car when we get home?”

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-24-2010, 07:15 AM

"I suppose," Rei said after a few moments. "You want to come in my car, or do you have your own ride?" She hadn't seen him near a car, but that didn't mean he didn't have one. Besides, she'd noticed the way he'd linged a little near Cin. She didn't mind; she just didn't want to have to drive him home if he slept with Cin.

Of course, it didn't help him that Rei didn't usually notice when someone was hitting on her. Moving over to her door, she slipped into the driver's seat, leaving the car unlocked momentarily and pulling her hair back into a ponytail for driving.

Letiferos frowned, watching them more closely. The demon didn't appear to be leaving yet. His wings, invisible and intangible to all but other angels, shifted restlessly against his back. Why wasn't the demon leaving? He didn't want to have to shoo the thing away, not right in front of the two girls. They were still unaware, as of yet.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 AM

(Last post…most likely.)

Azrier eagerly opened the backseat and slipped inside quickly. “I’ll use your own car.” He hesitated, before attempting to sound a bit more human like. “I’ll call a cap. I didn’t drive, in case I decided to drink.” He shifted in the backseat, until he was behind Rei. He leaned forward slightly, before stroking a lock of jet colored hair.

Women liked that, right? “You’re hair. It’s very beautiful.” He commented, making Cin glance backwards awkwardly. This dude wouldn’t get in Rei’s pants at all. And God knew that girl needed some. What was wrong with him? “Rei has been working here for almost seven months now. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly, Rei?”

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-24-2010, 07:30 AM

Rei glanced back at him in the rearview mirror. "My name is Rei, obviously. As Cin said, I've been working here for seven months, thereabouts. Don't think I've seen you before, though." She glanced at him again. "Thanks, by the way."

She started driving, pulling out onto the main road. There were almost no other cars, and so she drove a litter faster than normal. The stranger made her a little nervous still. "What's your name?" She glanced at him, briefly meeting his gaze in the rearview mirror again, before she snapped her attention to the road again.

Letiferos followed them, keeping track of the car easily as Rei drove. Already he had a demon complicating things. Perhaps he'd just have to get rid of it once they got to their destination.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 AM

“Azrier.” The demon answered, meeting her gaze in the mirror, before the human faced front again. Cin remained quiet in the front seat, occasionally groaning as if in pain, playing up the act.

“It’s my pleasure to meet you, Miss. Rei.” He muttered after a few moments, eying the road as they flew past. She was going awfully fast, and something seemed off…there was something else around. Like him, but pure. An…angel? A guardian angel, perhaps? Azrier eyed the females, wondering which could be protected. Surely not his Rei…that would create problems. “What kinds of things do you enjoy doing?” Or like having done to you?

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 AM

Rei glanced back at him again. "Well, I read a lot. I work at a vet's office a few days a week. I work at the bar, but I don't do much else, other than that." She shrugged a bit, slowing down as she got closer to their house.

"What about you, Azrier? Unusual name, too." Rei pulled off onto a side street, heading down to their house. "You okay, Cin?"

Letiferos followed them, marking the way to their house into his memory. He'd be able to find his way back now. He watched them carefully, waiting to see if they'd drive the demon away.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 AM

”I like…animals.” Not the same way the human did, naturally, but they were delicious. “And reading is nice.” He paused as they began pulling up to a house. “Your home is beautiful.” He complimented once again. “Not as beautiful as you, though.” He commented, layering on the compliments.

Cin glanced over, and nodded. “Yeah, just a bit too much…ughhh.”

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 AM

"Thanks," Rei said, parking in the driveway and getting out. She moved over to Cin's door, opening it. "Okay, sweetie, time to get inside and get you to bed."

She fished her keys out of her purse before she attempted to help Cin out of the car, holding the keys in one hand and offering Cin her other hand. This was going to be awkward... Not that this hadn't happened before, of course.

Letiferos kept himself hidden in the trees near the house, watching the two human females. They did not seem to be in too much trouble yet, but then they hadn't let the demon get too close. And hopefully they wouldn't.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 11-07-2010, 08:09 AM

Despite how strange the newcomer was, it was possible he'd be good for Rei, and to help out her matchmaking, she stumbled, and put most of her weight unto her friend. "Ugh..." She groaned loudly, throwing the demon a sly glance.

The male lifted an eyebrow, though clearly took the hint. He slipped from the backseat, and shifted Cin to his arms, tugging her towards the house. "Here." Once more, his words were directed to the darkhaired female. "Where's her room?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-07-2010, 06:24 PM

Rei let him take Cin, a little surprised but not showing it. "Over on the left," she said, opening the front door. "THanks." She stepped into the house and moved out of the way so he could enter, then walked down the hallway to show him where Cin's room was.

Letiferos watched them go into the house with growing dismay, his brows furrowing deepy in concern. This could not possibly end well...

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 02-28-2011, 01:06 AM

The demon followed along marvously, though the human he was dragging was clearly not as wasted as she was acting. In her room, he tossed her on the bed and moved out quickly, locating Rei.

He paused for a moment, watching the human warily. Azrier really couldn’t decide. Her scent was amazing, calling out to him, and making his mouth water. To eat or not to eat? To rape or not to rape? He didn’t think he could decide between the two…perhaps both? He shivered in excitement, his eyes flashing red for a quick second before he got himself under control. “Should I stay for a bit?” He questioned, his voice deepening, “In case she gets up and can’t get back to bed?”

In her room, Cin had dropped the drunk act, and slipped from the bed, opening the window. Rei didn’t like her smoking in the house, and she’d probably die of a heart attack if she knew what Cin was smoking. Hence why Cin crawled unto the roof. She took the tiny bag from her pocket, and quickly loaded a glass pipe. Lifting her lighter, she light the green moss inside the bowl, inhaling. Soon, her mind was hazy and Cin lost track of time, staring at the forest around the house, staring at the stars. So much beauty in the world. She wanted to burn it all. It was all fake. Nothing was ever truly beautiful. Underneath, everything was fucked up. Like her. Aw…damn…now she was in an emo-ie mood again. Not cool. Cin began singing quietly. Her voice wasn’t anything special, but it was clear she loved the music. “~I know this pretty rave girl…I always think about her…and when she says~” She continued on happily, tapping her feet, and pausing to hit her bowl once again.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-28-2011, 03:31 AM

By that time, Rei had moved back to her room, taking off her shoes and stretching out her feet, rolling her heels. Her feet ached after being on them all night, running back and forth with drinks for the patrons. She could probably curl up in bed and watch a movie on her laptop before she fell asleep, since she didn't have to get to work until nearly three the next day. A bath sounded exquisite, but of course she didn't have a large enough bath tub to fit in comfortably.

Instead, she pulled out a comfortable nightgown and set it on her bed. She looked over at her doorway when Azrier appeared there, and she hesitated for a few moments. "Alright," she agreed. "Just in case. Um, we can go downstairs. I think I'm going to grab a snack." She moved torwards the doorway, expecting that he would move.

Letiferos frownedas he watched her sit there smoking. That wasn't exactly good for her health, and it smelled odd. Wrinkling his nose, the angel moved closer, so he could keep a better eye on her. He didn't hear anything from inside, and he knew he would hear something if the demon succeeded in tempting the other girl, Rei. So, for the time being, he was content to remain invisible, just watching.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:11 AM

Azrier’s hesitation was apparent as Rei came towards him. He paused in the doorway, then leaned forward, his nose by her ear. He inhaled deeply, taking in the female’s scent. “A snack sounds good…” He commented softly, finally stepping back to let the female through. “So, Rei…tell me about yourself?”
Cin finished her song, and stood. Everything looked so different so pretty. The girl hesitated on the edge of the roof, peering over the gutter. On the second floor, at the top of this arch, the ground looked so far away. The things she’d done haunted her constantly. They woke her up sobbing, made her turn to pot to calm her nerves, made her put on this happy face and pretend like the world was okay. But, inside they still tore her apart. She waited for a second longer, before stepping off the roof.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM

Rei frowned just a little when he leaned so close, but she didn't say anything. She waited until he leaned back again. "What would you like to know?" She looked at him as she slid past him and then headed down the stairs into the kitchen. "And what would you like to eat? I have crackers, cheese, starberries..."

Letiferos only had a moment's warning to start moving, losing his sight shield as he moved. He garbbed her just off the ground, holding onto her tightly so she was pressed against his chest. "Well," he said after a moment, his voice deep but rough, as if he hadn't spoken in a while, "that was interesting."

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 AM

”You.” The male replied, pausing to glance at various photos. He didn’t seem to regret what he said, however, and followed her calmly. “And Everything. I need to know everything.” And how true it was. Azrier was so drawn to the female, and he wasn’t sure why. She should be nothing to him, and he kept having these strong emotions. He wanted to eat her, but he wanted to protect her too. How strange…

Cin whimpered softly, amazed. She was actually falling. There was a short whoosh and amazing feeling of falling, before she was stopped. There was no pain, and actually it was just like she’d been caught…-Cin opened her eyes to see a male above her. She gasped as her eyes met his, surprised. What a bright, stunning blue. She’d never seen a blue like them before. It took just a moment longer before the facts hit her. They weren’t exactly in the city now. And he’d said that had been interesting, so he’d been watching her. Cin wiggled, attempting to get out of his arms. “Who the fuck are you? What are you doing here? Put me down!”

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 AM

Rei stopped at that and turned to look at him, not quite blushing. "I'm sorry?" she said, looking at him with her eyebrows raised. She didn't quite believe she'd heard him correctly. Everything? Why would he want to know everything? He made very little sense.

"Don't worry," Letiferos said with a little smile. "Have faith. All will be explained." He set her down gently, watching her. "I will not hurt you. You need not worry. And please do not jump off the roof again."

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 AM

Azrier turned away from the tiny trinkets he’d been looking at to stare at her. “What part didn’t you hear? That I want you, or that I want to know everything?”

Cin stared at him openly, clearly puzzled. “All will be explained? All what?” The rest of his words sunk in, and she snorted softly, “Faith. Yeah, right.”

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 AM

Rei moved back just a bit, getting defensive. "I heard, I just don't understand why you'd want to know everything. Or why you want me, for that matter." She frowned at him.

"Have faith," Letiferos repeated, his voice a little more firm. "Have patience." He took a step back from her to give her some room.