Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 10:18 PM

This is not an RP OOC, nor is it mine;but a helpful project originally created by Tanasha and then when the thread was lost in a Gaian rollback, it was recreated by Oxymoron_02 years ago on Gaia. But it has set the standard for RP play and most PRer's at least use it for a base to have some limits on RP to keep everything from getting out of hand.

Now, I have added to it. Beyond the first... 4 posts, everything is things I have done in my own research into the development and creation of characters.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

The AMP
The Anti Munch Project is all about roleplay awareness. With the onset of poorly skilled roleplayers growing larger all the time, we need this thread to show them where they are going wrong.

This AMP thread lists first the types of roleplayer (all my own definitions by the way), and then the various types of Muncher/Godmoder/Godmodder. These are mostly as they were in the old AMP, but I added a couple terms that I forgot to include in my backup of the previous thread. User input of new terms is a valued thing, and contributions ensure at least a little bit of fame and recognition.

The types of munching have now been ordered alphabetically. I tried to go for 'seriousness of offence', but it was too difficult. I'm open to suggestions.
As of February 27th 2006, I have also included the 'Munch Scale'. Collect five coupons and send them in a self addressed envelope to receive your shiny cardboard wall-mountable Munch Scale poster!

As you can see, the Munch Scale, or Scale de Munch in France (coupons from France not accepted), consists of 1 - 10. A rating of 1 means that an act is not really munchy at all, a rating of 10 means you must bring out the Anti-Munch Intercontinental Ballistic Nixx Missile. As you can also see, munch is always at least a little annoying.

The Munch Scale
1 - Not very munch, not very annoying.
2 - Not very munch, a tiny little bit annoying.
3 - Not very munch, slightly annoying.
4 - Slightly munch, somewhat annoying.
5 - Definitely munch, annoying.
6 - Seriously munch, very annoying.
7 - Annoyingly munch.
8 - Annoying and inconvenient munch.
9 - Annoying, unfair, and inconvenient munch.
10 - The be-all-and-end-all of munching. Avoid like the plague.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Types of Roleplayers:

Oldbies: Are veterans of roleplaying. They generally know best after years of experience. Becoming an oldbie, however, is not necessarily the ultimate goal; many people are fine just settling down as Literate.

Elites: Elites are on their way to becoming Oldbies, but somehow veer off-course and become asshats instead. Elites can be recognised by their "Elites only" policy, with no lee-way whatsoever. They are generally quite cocky, think they are better, and insist on using reams and reams of detail. This can be particularly true for magic users, who are convinced that their descriptions of the traits and limits of magic are unquestionable.
Another trademark Elite sign is rejecting AMP, and claiming that "common sense" should be used instead. This is in fact pointless since the AMP is common sense.
(Not all Literates become Elites before they move on to Oldbies (in fact, some Elites never become Oldbies at all. Don't worry.)

Literates: A growing minority, literate roleplayers are just that. They use correct punctuation and grammar, and roleplay fairly. Literates often refer to, and follow the AMP (Anti-Munch Project).

Proby (Probationary): Literally someone in between the 'newb' and 'Literate' stages. They combine traits of the two, in various forms, and will very probably become Literate soon enough.

Newbie: A Newbie can at first seem to be a n00b, they can though, learn to correctly roleplay fairly and adequately. Newbies are to be encouraged and treated well, and will often grow into skilled Literates.

ne0 n00b: ne0s (never use a capital 'n' for them!) at first appear to be Literates. This falsehood becomes apparent after a few posts however, as they tend to break the AMP a lot, and are actually just n00bs who can spell.

n00b: (Don't use a capital 'n' for these either!) n00bs are the worst roleplayer available. A sad and terribly derogatory approach to take, but the simple fact of the matter is that they just cannot and will not roleplay fairly, even when outnumbered, outgunned, and obviously dead in character.
They will often resort to flaming, leading to eventual bans, new accounts, and new bans.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 PM

Types of n00bs and munchers:

Aimbotter: Especially annoying when using NPCs, as NPCs don't get to argue about munch.
Munch Rating: 7
A: Three hundred seventy of my trained assassin gymnasts crest the hill, sight you, and rush toward you.
B: Luckily, I have three hundred sixty-nine bullets in my chain gun! I quickly mow them all down, each taking a single bullet to the head, and peg the last one with a rock in the sternum.

Augustine: Far, far too prevalent. They try to carry something from one RP into another, just because they're in the same sub-forum.
Munch Rating: 8
A: Given that this RP's technology base is medieval, I happily drive my cart to the market to buy some maggot-ridden meat.
B: Too late! I already got there in my Gundam and blew up everything with my insanely overpowered weapons! And don't start whining, because my Gundam's already pre-approved in the "This Is Not a Medieval Technology Base RP" thread.

Baghdad Bobbit: An advanced (or is that "degraded"?) form of Puppetmaster and Aimbotter combined. These people soon become bored of anybody with a lick of skill, and wander off in a huff because the RP will take too long for their precious, precious time.
Munch Rating: 5
A: I fire at the stationary target, hitting twice but missing with my remaining four rounds.
B: I get tired of your realistic RPing style and poke you in the neck, collapsing your trachea. You die writhing in torment.

Boa Constrictor:
Threads that have a long list of rules that prevent any characters except their own from roleplaying in that thread. No example will be given here, since that would be suggesting rules that shouldn't be used at all, and used separately these rules would be fine.
Boa Constrictors most commonly like to ban most forms of magic, guns, NPCs, technology, 'special' abilities etc. The result is, as I said, a thread in which very few characters can venture.
I do emphasise that threads should have whichever rules they want, within fairness to other roleplayers. Lists of rules which prevent too much are too, let's face it, n00bish.
[Suggested by oxymoron_02]
Munch Rating: 4

Daydreamer: Not exactly munch, per se, but it does get annoying. They manage to turn seemingly coherent RP into a mad ramble about totally unrelated things. Which is not to say that adding a little insight in the middle of an RP is bad; but try to make it only a few lines, three at the most, as anything else just distracts from the current events taking place.
Munch Rating: 3
A: In the middle of the intense shootout, I dash across the narrow alley, ducking and weaving in hopes to avoid getting hit. I'm unsuccessful; two bullets peg me in the shoulder, throwing me back into a Dumpster.
B: The bullets make me think back to my days as a youth, when I had to melt down tin soldiers to use as musket balls against the Redcoats... or was it redskins? I can't remember. Anyway, I had to walk uphill all three ways to school and back, running from glaciers all the while. It was torture, lemme tell ya. And then there's the story of how I met my first wife...

Gaseous Snake: A combination of McFly and Lucky Irishmen. They will often attempt to alter the RP right after the fairly playing RPer has made a post that will see the Snake's demise. They are not, however, as desperate as McFlys in what they change.
Munch Rating: 6
A: I walk to the door and open it.
B: Being a fellow with a bit of foresight, I hooked that doorknob to a car battery an hour ago. You're thrown across the room.

Godmoder: A rather broad term, basically covering a character/roleplayer who can overcome any situation. They will often have flashy powers, ignore just about anything you say and do, and somehow manage to be completely unaware of their own unfairness (otherwise known as stupidity).
A: Now that you're strapped to the end of a naval cannon, I fire it.
B: Whoosh! I nimbly dodge, somehow forgetting the fact that I'm restrained by three-hundred-pound chain!

Hi-jacker: These are intensely annoying for thread creators. They are often members of that thread, also. These are the people that take over a thread they are roleplaying in, and either add things in, or perform actions that affect everyone roleplaying in the thread. [Suggested by oxymoron_02]
(Real example)
A: Ok! Our base is under attack and we have to defend it!
B: *Goes and activates the base's self destruct* Everybody run you have three minutes!

Hiver: So named after such things as the xenomorphs from Aliens, the Klendathu bugs from Starship Troopers (which both use hives), and the teeming hoardes they generally are. These hoardes are always fearless, will battle until dead, and quite often have some excessive weapons and/or armour. Alternate names are Beehivers or Ants.
Basically, it's the guys who have too many NPCs. [Suggested by oxymoron_02]
A: *He sat alone in his one-man fighter ship, quickly scanning the radar for hostiles*
B: *He sat aboard his giant flagship, with his other 1000 ships around him. He ordered them all to attack the tiny fighter in front of them*

IDKFA: Most likely people attempting to emulate Solid Snake or some other cheesy spy-novel hero. They never run out of weapons or ammo, or anything else that leads to them being victorious.
A: You're all out of ammo for all five of your Ingram submachine guns. Since you're buck-naked, I know I can now safely step into the open and begin returning fire.
B: Ha! Little did you know, I have twelve shuriken hidden within my afro!

Ironclad Sentinel: This is fast becoming a problem, and refers to when a thread's subject organisation/corporation/military has too many defenses, or defenses that are unrealistically powerful or just plain 'modey. [Suggested kodachi3]
A: I am attacking with a battalion of thirty tanks, air support of twenty gun-ships, and three submarines off the coast with Tomahawk cruise missiles.
B: Defenses - Forcefield that blocks everything but lets our weapons out, invisibility shield around the base, 100 SAM turrets, 100 machine gun turrets, 1000 guards with machine guns, 200 space fighters, 200 tanks.

Lucky Irishman:
A mixture of McFly and Augustine. A person whose character performs an action at chance (with no knowledge of the way it will tip the balance) that turns events to their favour, despite the chances of such a thing happening being incredibly slim. [Suggested by Suddenly Depressed]
A: With your character totally surrounded in a section of corridor, my ten skilled ninja prepare to slice him to pieces.
B: My character backs up to the wall, inadvertently tripping the base's alarm.
A: ((If I'm going to be honest and fair here, I have to tell you that the alarm would trigger the corridors to be sealed by blast-proof bulkheads.))
B: ((Oh, oops. Guess my character's safe then.))

McFly: Declining in numbers now, these will alter situations (and usually first posts) drastically to give them an advantage in roleplay.
A: Ha! Now that the force field is down, I run inside your evil lair!
B: Um... um... there's also a super-secret second force field which causes you to die instantly! I just didn't say anything about it because... um... I had to do my laundry! Not because I just thought of it now! Honestly!

Min-maxer: Not a lot of those running around here, thank goodness... that's more of a DnD-style paper game issue. Their own strength:weakness ratio is off the charts.
A: I've successfully broken into the facility which gave you your incredibly 1337 power armor. Now I pull up the file on it. What does it say about weak points?
B: The metal of my armor is... um... allergic to praying mantis urine.

Miss Cleo: They use Out of Character knowledge to their own advantage.
A: ((OOC: There's a secret switch hidden in the lamp.))
B: I suddenly think to myself-- why not check the lamp for hidden switches? Call me now for your free reading!

NIMBY: The people who quite readily attack others' threads, but then stop all attacks on their own thread.
A: They attacked us! Let's go and get them!
B: *Deletes any posts related to an attack and/or b*tch to a moderator*

Oblivious Oaf:People who don't explain how what they are using, works. Now this is fine to an extent; you're not expected to know the exact functioning procedure for a gravity-spewing railgun, but at least give a vague idea behind the mechanism. [Suggested by Colonel_Commissar_Gaunt]
A: Hahahahahaha my ultra shield deflects any projectile weapon
B: ((Dude, how does that work? I need some info))
A: ((Ahhhhh uhhhhhh.......it....uses......some.......weird substance......that like...........does.....something......and then it like.....deflects all projectiles! Thats how it works, its not like I never explain my gear its just that I just came up with that explanation now, I mean I just had trouble explaining it.

Overcompensation Stroking: "Quality over Quantity" or "Quantity does not always mean quality" . This kind of ties in with the daydreamer but not necessarily. Basically I'm talking about someone who thinks that the longer their post is, the better it is. It's rare to see this, but there are people out there like that.
A: Not even going to give an example.

Oxymoron: Luckily rare. (And no relation to me. I think) They manage, somehow, to be completely contradictory in their posts.
A: I'm a farmer with a shotgun.
B: I'm a black hole which emits blinding pulses of visible light!
(For those of you not familiar with physics, black holes allow nothing out of their immense gravity. Not even light can escape.)

Prosecutor: People who claim every one else is Munching when they, in fact, are the only one who is. [Suggested by Asmodeus The Crow]
A: My character is a fire mage who casts a two-turn fire spell that will launch a fireball.
B: My character is a five year old salamander named George, who makes a funny noise when he walks. George, despite being a normal salamander, is immune to fire, and also capable of devastating mages with a single swipe of his four inch long tail.
A: Well if he's a normal salamander, he can't be immune to fire, and if he's immune to fire, he can't be a normal salamander...
B: WTF STFU N00B U CANT SAY THAT HES MY CHARACTER NOT YOURS OMG WTF FUHKIN HAX GODMODE

Puppetmaster:
Another overly common occurrence. They basically take control of others' characters, often to extremes. It is usually ok to make tiny little changes to another person's character; for example if your own character launches a fireball at a tree, it is safe to assume that other characters will probably watch the tree get hit, and thus you can comment on that.
Depending upon the extent to which they puppetmaster, this is not necessarily a form of munching.
Munch Rating: 4 - 9
A: I step carefully into the room, peering around for occupants.
B: Suddenly a dragon pokes you in the eye. You run screaming from the room, whereafter you go home, make a pickle sandwich, and call your mother to cry about how she ruined your life.

Quaker:
They can magically 'spawn' anything. Having a character which can retreive things from pocket dimensions is not an excuse, unless said pocket dimension has a previously listed inventory which can be checked.
Munch Rating: 9
A: My character is wearing a form of armour only vulnerable to a drop of water from a holy well in South Dakota.
B: *He pulls out the vial of water from a holy well in South Dakota* "I don't know why I always carried this, but I knew it would come in useful one day."

Revisionist:
Another prevalent problem. They are akin to a McFly, but rather than trying to be an asshole OOC, they try to be one IC instead. Their characters change their mind, thus causing an annoyance, but not necessarily munching.
A: You chose the blue pill? Ooh, tough luck.
B: Red! I said red!
Don't go pulling that "I can read your previous post" mind game crap, either!

Romeo's Tragedy: The character who instantly falls in love with a character who has a crush on them even despite their families hating each other. Not always annoying as long as it doesn't happen too often.

A. The Akimichi girl stepped out her door and then froze seeing the Hyuga boy she's been crushing on the past four years walking past her house.
B. He hated the Akimichi clan. They were all stupid and fat and a disgrace to the village. Suddenly he spotted one staring at him and a blush ran to his cheeks thinking how beautiful she was all of a sudden.

Shoe elf: Pretty obvious.
Munch Rating: 10
A: ((OOC: Well, gotta go to bed. Big neurosurgery test tomorrow.))
B: Ho, ho, ho! Now that the loser's gone to bed, I can strap his character to a cross and peg him with rotten fruit!

Speedhacker: One of the worst we have to deal with.
A: I walk to the door and step outside.
B: Suddenly, twelve men grab you, carry you off to my secret lair in Tibet, and torture you for weeks. When you finally die from the agony, we bury you in the frozen wastes. Hundreds of years later, arhcaeologists discover your frozen body and try to determine if you're another Lucy.

Trinity: The knowledge downloaders, the omniscient Billy Joe-Bobs. [Also known as Zoicites]
A: My character was raised by a gang leader in the harsh conditions of a slum. From this, he learned to wield small firearms fairly effectively and has limited driving abilities.
B: My character was born on a remote jungle island and can fly or drive anything and use any gun with perfect aim.

Twink: Sometimes allowed in certain RPs. If the RP isn't specifically about invincible deities and such, a simple rule is that if the strengths aren't counterbalanced with relatively equivalent weaknesses (or if the reasoning behind the phenomenal cosmic powers isn't eloquently and appropriately explained), you're dealing with a twink.
A: A punch coming, eh? Well, seeing as you're a seven-year-old child and I'm riding in a twenty-meter mecha, I won't bother dodging.
B: Fooled you! I have the power to DESTROY EVERYTHING when I punch it! I'm just like an X-Man, and therefore require you to suspend all logic when RPing with me! Oh, and I have the power to steal your girlfriend, too.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 PM

Role Playing Abbreviations

RP- Role Play. It is the act of directing/being another character's actions. Other than your own. Usually in a story like setting

OOC - Out of Character conversation. These are usually defined as within ** or (( OOC Commentary here )) It is things that are not defined within the RP but that needs to be spoken.

Example: As Jon fired the turbo blasters, the ships in front of him blew up in such sparkles of light and color as he hadn't seen since he was a child.

((Sorry guys, I gotta ditch. School tomorrow. Laters ))

IC- In character. These are the things that happen within the scope of the RP. The actions, speech and thoughts of the characters as well as the NPCs.

NPC - Non Player character. These are the characters that are not so defined as to be played by an actual player and are usually puppeted by a GM or Assistant GM

Example: Jon the Barbarian, a level 6 warrior is a PC, Gustof, the lovable but always conveniently placed informant that you never know anything about is an NPC.

RPC Role Playing Character. This is the character that you have decided will represent you within the scope of the game. This term refers to characters who are already created by another writer/ author/ etc but that you've chosen to play. Although on occasion it is misinterpreted and assumed to be the same as a OC.

Example: A RPC would be if you were to chose to play Inuyasha in an RP and attempt to handle things like he would.

OC would be an original character that has no basis on anything else, although a lot of times different things inspire them. As you might have a character that 'kinda' looks like Inuyasha...but isn't a dog demon, but he does have a big assed sword and fights evil. Etc...etc...

GM- Game Master. Usually the creator of the Role Play or any they designate to that position.

Any other's I should mention, just let me know...

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Mary Sue/Gary Stu's and why they are bad.
Mary Sue/Gary Stu's are the characters that are just chock full of cliche's so bad that they can make the AMP smell good by comparison.

That is not to say that a Mary Sue can't be fun. Almost every writer or RPer has a Mary Sue stashed away in their brain. Sometimes they are ashamed of them, sometimes they simply revamp them once they know better, and sometimes they display and play them with pride. Reveling in their Mary Sueness. To each Roleplayer their own.

Mary Sue Litmus Test
http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Archetypes

Someone once said, "Between the Bible and Shakespeare, there are no new stories" or some mishmosh of words saying basically the same thing. I couldn't find the exact quote.

And it's true, no story or character can be 100% original. There will always be aspects that have been done before.

Carl Jung [July 26, 1875-June 6, 1961] identified archetypes that everyone falls into.
The Archetypes
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow

The most basic potential for patterning is the Shadow Archetype. This is the potential of experiencing the unconscious side of our unique personalities. As we move deeper into the dark side of our personality personal, identity begins to dissolve into "latent dispositions" common to all men. We experience the chaos which indicates that we are drawing close to the material structure of psychic life. This "Other Side" may be manifested in a wealth of images. The image of "wilderness" is fundamental. Remember that Hanzel and Gretel were led "into the woods" and were trapped. Knights discover dragons, ogres, and thieves in the woods. Robin Hood is at home in the wild. The image may be that of the mob and its underworld, an urban equivalent in which "Pretty Boy" Floyd is a hero. There is always "the concrete jungle." Dragons sail the sea, "the watery wilderness." Jesus and John the Baptist met God "in the wilderness," as did Israel at Sinai.

The Shadow is the easiest of the archetypes for most persons to experience. We tend to see it in "others." That is to say, we project our dark side onto others and thus interpret them as "enemies" or as "exotic" presences that fascinate. We see the Shadow everywhere in popular culture. He is Batman. She is Spider Woman. It is the Ninja Turtles. We see it in popular prejudice as well. We "imagine" that the Black Man is our enemy; that Communists are devils. We incline towards Hawaii as the "land of paradise." We accept people uncritically if we perceive them as "Fair Haired." Of course, Satan is the great Shadow image of popular religion (Consider: the word only occurs 54 times in the entire Bible.)

The Shadow is the personification of that part of human, psychic possibility that we deny in ourselves and project onto others. The goal of personality integration is to integrate the rejected, inferior side of our life into our total experience and to take responsibility for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anima Or Animus

The second most prevalent potential patterning is that of the Soul (Anima is the male name for soul; Animus is the female name for soul). Here we meet our inner opposite. Males meet their Anima; females their Animus. The Anima may appear as an exotic dancing girl or a weathered old hag--the form generally reflects either the condition or the needs of our soul presently. Remember the wicked witch encountered by Hanzel and Gretel.

The Animus may appear as an exotic, sensual, young man or as an old grouch. Remember the Great Oz who ran the Emerald City? There is always Simon Legree who took in Little Eva. Consider Super Man and Lois Lane. Clark Kent is the inferior, shadow side of Super Man, but he is also closer to ordinary people. Lois Lane has no interest in Clark. She is infatuated with Super Man, her Animus; the masculine completion of her personality. Wonder Woman offers us an example of the Anima in action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Syzygy (Divine Couple)

If one comes to terms with the Shadow and the Soul, one will encounter the enchanted castle with its King and Queen. This is a pattern of wholeness and integration. The opposites of the outer and the inner life are now joined in marriage. Great power arises from this integration. Christ and the Church, God and Israel are syzygy images. The believer who aspires to be the "bride of Christ" is modeling his or her experience in response to the syzygy archetype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Child

The Child Archetype is a pattern related to the hope and promise for new beginnings. It promises that Paradise can be regained. Child images like the New Year's Babe obviously derive from this archetype. So do the golden ring and the golden ball and most flower and circle related images. The birth of the Christ Child who unites Heaven and Earth, Man and God, is a powerful archetypal event. Were the life of Jesus not interpreted by this archetype, it would lose most of its meaning. Jesus would just be one more teacher from the Hellenistic world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Self

The ultimate pattern is the Self. For Jung this is the God image. Human self and divine self are incapable of distinction. All is Spirit. Images of Spirit abound. Wind and breath being two very common ones. The Spirit descends as a Dove upon Jesus in the wilderness. The voice declares to him his true nature: "Your are my Son, my Beloved." This is an archetypal drama of the Self. Galahad achieving the Grail and ascending with it to Heaven is likewise an archetypal drama of Self. Lancelot's failure to achieve the Grail speaks of his failure to achieve the final discovery of Self. Chariots and cars point in this direction. Remember the death car which comes in Darby O'Gill and the Little People? Enoch is taken up in a chariot of fire. Ezekiel Chapter One describes the chariot conveying God into the world.
However, these archetypes are only the beginning of character creation...

...Now to delve further into the story archetypes that ultimately have a hand in the character creation process.

The Syzygy

The whole made up, not of two opposing parts, but two complementary parts. An example of this in a story form would be the wonder twin. Yes, it's a bad example to use, but it does work in theory. While Zan and Janya were 'twins', they were seperate and had their own identities, but worked best with each other. And while Zan's power was lame, it always worked to their benefit; in fact, they couldn't use their powers without one another.

The Child

The child is not what you'd think originally. It is not the Peter Pan syndrome. That would be the Puer Aeternus. Or the Eternal Boy. The child is actually a figure that is taken and gives advice in an adult like manner, despite an appearance of youth or stupidity. An example would be Stewie from Family Guy, or the Rain Man.

The Hero
The Hero. In their own story, everyone is the Hero. In a roleplay scenario, each character is the Hero of their own personal story, whether they are the Hero or not of the Roleplay. This is the identifier. The Roleplayer is the Hero, and therefore from the point of view of the roleplayer, everything happens and centers around themselves.

To other Roleplayers with whom they play, they may seem as one of the other archetypes, this sense of self never leaves the 'Hero's identity. Without this sense of "I'm the story", there becomes no point to the roleplay, and defeats itself.

This however is also the reason for a lot of Mary Sues. Because of this sense of overall important-ness, a lot of roleplayers make their character more and more powerful, more and more unique in order to make their characters and therefore themselves more important.

You can go too far in this however, and this is the Anti Mary Sue...

More to Come...

The Great Mother
The Wise old man
The Trickster or Ape
The Puer Aeternus
The Cosmic Man
The artist-scientist

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Working on edits right now.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 11:12 PM

Cause I'm obsessive...one more.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 11:32 PM

Come to think of it. I'll just reserve the whole first page. Just to be safe.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 11:32 PM

Woo...a RP reference guide.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 11:33 PM

RSVP

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 11:33 PM

And another reservation.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 PM

How many more reservations will it take...

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Citations
(No, I'm not using MLA format. Just citing where research was done, and direct quotes.)

http://www.iloveulove.com/psychology...archetypes.htm

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2007, 09:16 AM

This is really sweet. I wonder what the hell I am.

hexeos
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to hexeos Send a message via Yahoo to hexeos

Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 AM

I'm an oldbie. *nods sagely*

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 AM

I've been rp-ing since 1998? Does that count for an oldbie?

sars
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to sars

Old 03-22-2007, 09:31 AM

Aw yay!
Thank you for getting this helpful guide up quickly!!!

I don't think I will be a bad RP'er.... I skimmed all the things on the munch scale, and I think I have rather good habits... even though I've barely RP'd a day in my life. I think it comes from my love of reading, and general knowlege of the internet, and my maturity.... and the fact that i'm not an asshat!
But thank yeeeew! <3

Lass
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Lol - I'd never heard the phrase asshat before :P

But yeh, I think the list of abbreviations is the biggest help :D Looking over all of the rules on the AMP - looks like I'm alright. :)

Probably classed as a literate maybe :)

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 03-22-2007, 04:06 PM

Thank you Kat for putting this thread up. I've been looking for it forever. In any event, as far as this list is concerned, I'm literate (nowhere near a newbie, despies nOObs enough to avoid being one, don't want to be Elite, only been playing for four years, so not an Oldbie). Sure I make a few mistakes here and there that violate this list, but I try my hardest to avoid being unfair.

Come to think of it, I only made one real error on this list, and that's speedhacking, and that was mostly because I wanted something to do. :oops: I felt so bad about it though (once I found out that I was doing it) that I erased about 75% of my posts to the point where it was fair again.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Everyone is occasionally guilty of breaking AMP. It's usually unintentionally.

*pokes RM* Speedhacking is usually your crime though....

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 03-22-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabi Kat
Everyone is occasionally guilty of breaking AMP. It's usually unintentionally.

*pokes RM* Speedhacking is usually your crime though....
-_-

Hey, I'm getting better, okay? I try not to get over my head. And if you want to say something, do it in normal letters, thanks.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Well, it was teasing you mostly. *Borrows Hono's stick to deflate egos*

HonoRaven
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to HonoRaven Send a message via Yahoo to HonoRaven

Old 03-22-2007, 06:08 PM

Makes sure she takes the instruction manual and insist that she reads the safety instructions as well...