View Single Post
R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
oh i actually love reading books on my phone, i need to do that more when i'm out and about. but not at home, it's so rough on my wrists. but just like, instead of idly refreshing all my chat websites, i could just open hoopla and skimmy dip.

oh Spanish in audiobooks or podcasts is so good sped up! they always speak unnaturally slowly in children's books or books with more simple vocabulary, so it's nice to speed that up and hear a more realistic speaking pace. it's so cool they chose that narrator for that book! there's so much appropriation of Mexican culture, it's nice to get to appreciate it from someone who's part of that culture instead.

that's one situation where the slower pace is kinda good, right? then you really get the slow burn and suspense. i like when they do different voices, as long as they're good at it. it's definitely more like listening to a play then.

definitely good to know what you're looking for samples are so clutch, it's like getting to flip through a book before you read it.

i'll see if i can give it a shot! yeah i have that issue too, i'd want to listen to them while i'm drawing, but i find that i get really concentrated on what i'm doing and totally zone out what i'm listening to. i breathe really heavily too, art must really take a lot out of me
To be fair, there are many people from Mexico that think the book is a horrible representation of Mexican cartel and life/fear. BUT there are also a lot of people from Mexico that think the book portrays properly the fear they've experienced, so I guess it depends how you've lived. But I also felt happy that they had chosen someone of that culture to read the book.

Having only listened to two audio books so far, I haven't had a need for that slow burn and suspense, but I can see where that would be lovely actually! But it's a tease too lol "JUST TELL ME ALREADY!" is what I'd see myself thinking.

LOL @ i breathe really heavily too, art must really take a lot out of me - Legit chuckled out loud at that one. It's hard work being detailed like that, I totally get it! LOL