View Single Post
Talentless_Muse
Ore hero da!

Old 10-30-2009, 06:32 PM

With the way the Dragonball movie turned out, I don't think it was particularly watchable for most people.

To people who were fans of the series, it was largely unbearable because they changed the familiar characterizations, took away the iconic looks, removed many known characters, and muddled the story that they were so familiar with. I mean, the only character I felt came out even close to right was Muten Roshi, and the massive change in the backstory was largely unnecessary and served almost no benefit to the narrative. They could have easily done away with the whole Oozaru thing, and I think the story would've come off better for it. They needed to expand on the story with Piccolo, who has very appearances, fewer lines, and turns into a total anticlimax baddie at the end of the movie. They built him up throughout the movie to be this monumental threat, but they never delivered on it.

For those who weren't fans who went to see it, I can't imagine they got much enjoyment out of it because of the almost zero amount of explanation a lot of things got. I mean, there were just enough shout outs to fans of the series to make it largely incomprehensible to those who were coming in with no background knowledge of the Dragonball story.

Also the CG oozaru transformation looked absolutely ridiculous.