View Single Post
BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 04-18-2010, 05:28 AM

Lix shrugged her shoulders and leaned toward the computer screen a little to take a better look at the map.

"Your guess is as good as mine. I just avoid them. I'm actually quite week to be honest. When we were cast down here, my kind lost almost all our strength and any power we did have. Some have been able to regain some of it, mostly the corrupt and twisted once. How is beyond me. All I've been able to do is fly, and if I really want to expend myself, I can draw existing energy into myself and channel it in a certain direction, but it doesn't always work well, or at all, and usually hurts like hell." She snickered a bit at that expression. She'd taken to using it just as lightly as the humans did anymore, but she'd always thought it a strange saying. If they had any idea what hell really would feel like, they'd never say it again.

Lixi... what are you doing? I know you don't care for much, but really, bringing the humans into this... it's just foolish. You'll only get them killed, maybe yourself to.... Stupid little girl... you never will open your eyes will you... his voice rang in her head as loudly as though he were being projected through an amp cranked up all the way right next to her ears, causing her to cringe and tighter up into an excruciating ball.

A sudden pain shot through her body, his wonderful reminder to her that he was watching when he didn't like what happened. Toppling forward she slid down to the floor clutching the edge of the desk with one hand and her side with the other.