View Poll Results: Does this RP sound like fun?
Ooo YES! I'll make a profile now 5 71.43%
maybe 1 14.29%
too busy 1 14.29%
No, not interested 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM

Open for Profiles, please post in this thread.

When the library is closed, the books come to life. (image by the awesome artist syncaidia on deviantart, link )

Imagination is such a powerful thing, it has been absorbed as magic into the books of the Cedar City Library. This library is nestled into an old english manor, the building being dedicated to the small town. The manor itself is something special. It was built by a magician a long time ago, now it holds countless stories packed within the wooden shelves. with the little touch of magic left by the long past Wizard, the power of imagination fills the books, so when no one is there, The charcters within take a life of their own.

Librarian:
Janitor/housekeeper:
Book: Peter Pan
Book:
Book:
Book:
Book:
Book:

RULES

1. Follow Mene's rules
2. pg-13
3. Must be literate/ semi-literate (spell check and grammar check!) also no one liners....At least 3 sentences!
4. Silverbeam is the boss and ruler of the rp
5. Only one character out of a book! For example if you choose harry potter, and played Harry potter, then no one else could use that book and you could only play Harry Potter. (Only one even though there is more than one book)
6. no god modding ( don't dodge everything etc.)
7. no playing people's characters.. (you throw a punch at them not I hit them with my fist.....Give them the opportunity to dodge or not)
8. Play your character as to the personality of the book as best as possible and with respect to the author.
9. Any romance must be light and anything more than a quick peck must fade to black. Also must be true to their character... No making people gay cause you want them to be.
10. Respect all players, pm me if there are any problems.

Other notes:
If a player is not online, the "book" can always be checked out, The Role play takes place in the library only, and the character's cannot leave the building. It was a medium sized manor, so it has a kitchen several bedrooms turned into study and lounge rooms. there is also a ballroom that has storage in it. THERE IS NO MANGA section... Yet....

Profile Sheet

User Name:
Book:
Character:
Picture/photo: (please no huge images)
Description: (Brief description of book and character, like the summary on the back of the book)
Link: (to buy/ see book online)
Other:

User Name: Silverbeam
Book: Peter Pan
Character: Peter Pan
Picture/photo: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mpJRvQpHWX...ter_pan_12.jpg
Description: A mischievous boy who can fly and magically refuses to grow up, Peter Pan spends his never-ending childhood adventuring on the small island of Neverland as the leader of his gang the Lost Boys, interacting with mermaids, Indians, fairies and pirates, and from time to time meeting ordinary children from the world outside.
Link: Amazon.com: Peter Pan: The Original Story (9780060563073): J. M. Barrie: Books

Last edited by Silverbeam; 03-25-2010 at 10:52 PM..

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 PM

Reserved 1

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu
♥ The Queen of Hearts b...

Old 03-28-2010, 03:00 AM

User Name:
Book:The last Unicorn
Character: The Unicorn/Lady Amalthea
Picture/photo: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs40/f/20..._by_dolphy.jpg
http://edukfun.files.wordpress.com/2...7nakedlady.jpg
Description: The Unicorn is a rare beast, and one particular one has never left her forest, constrantly protecting the animals who live there. However, one day, she overhears humans speaking in her forest, saying the last unicorn lives there. She tries to dismiss this, but meets a butterfly who tells her the story of the 'Red Bull'. She sets out on a journey to find and free the Unicorns.
Link: The Last Unicorn - Peter S. Beagle's Page | Facebook
Other: She is naive, and from her journey, the Lady is now different from other Unicorns, as she can now regret and know human feelings from her time as one. She is fairly quite, speaking only in truth when she does speak. Her voice is telepathic, appearing in people's head, as the Unicorn doesn't have very developed vocal cords.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 03-28-2010, 04:08 AM

Thanks for coming onboard! Now to wrangle in a few more players so we can start. :D

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-29-2010, 02:49 AM

I have to say, this RP sounds like a wonderful idea. I'd like to join, I just haven't roleplayed in quite a while now. I hope you're all willing to put up with me. Just give me a kick if I ever seem to fall behind. :lol:

User Name: Knerd
Book: The Chronicles of Narnia
Character: Puddleglum
Picture/photo:

Description: In the Kingdom of Narnia, a vast land of centaurs, dwarves, witches, and unicorns, a lone Marshwiggle named Puddleglum sees reality for what it is. He's serious, if a bit dour. Pensive, though depressing. And it doesn't matter if you forget his name, he can always tell you again.
Link: Amazon Link
Other:
Quote:
"As they drew nearer, the figure turned its head and showed them a long thin face with rather sunken cheeks, a tightly shut mouth, a sharp nose, and no beard. He was wearing a high, pointed hat like a steeple, with an enormously wide flat brim. The hair, if it could be called hair, which hung over his large ears was greeny-grey, and each lock was flat rather than round, so that they were like tiny reeds. His expression was solemn, his complexion muddy, and you could see at once that he took a serious view of life."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 AM

0.0 *Gasp* Nooo! I can't rp with a moderator...

*Whispers* They scare me! I'm always afraid I'll do sommat bad! 0.0

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 AM

*whips you into shape*

Don't worry about it. I never actively try to get people in trouble. One way or another, moderators see your posts anyways. :lol:

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-29-2010, 03:30 AM

I know. I just seem to mess up a lot, and I never truly mean to. It's lovely to meet you in actuallity, though. Instead of being told, hey, quotes there, and hey, moved this here, hehe! ^^

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2010, 03:51 AM

Whaa.. /bursts into laughter at Kyuu
So true. xD
I don't know what book I'll be, but I'd love to join. xD

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 03-30-2010, 01:44 AM

Please do... *Sweats nervously* Uh yeah.. Moderators.. *chuckles nervously*

Just kidding, glad to have you, although I do agree, I always seem to get in trouble over the stupidest things. "Sigh" My trouble is labled on my forehead eh?

LOL! Awesome, What a funny and fun choice for a character from Narnia. He should be a lot of fun to play with.

Please feel free to invite others, This is a rp that can use a whole lot of players.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-01-2010, 12:38 AM

*lures users in by putting a cupcake at the entrance*

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 04-01-2010, 02:00 AM

LOL, certainly made me want to come in.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-22-2010, 03:27 PM

So I realize that no one else has joined up, but would you guys like to get this RP off the ground soon?

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 04-22-2010, 05:30 PM

Yes, I'd like that.

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Lol this RP sounds awesome, shame about the timing cause i can't join atm, but if it really kicks off my book might just have to sneak open in a fortnight or so! :ninja:

Im sooo playing a rabbit called Peter! (anybody know what book/series it is?! :P)

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 06-15-2010, 05:13 PM

Question, and it's going to sound odd, but are you considering manga to be a book? I know some libraries have manga where others do not. If not, I might have to think about what book I've read that I can actually remember. ^^;

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 AM

I'm still very interested in this RP, but it seems that Silverbeam has not posted in quite some weeks.

If I were to start a new thread, would anyone be interested in creating a similar roleplay?

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Most definitely. :)

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-25-2010, 12:28 AM

Great!

If anyone is interested, you'll find a new RP in my thread here.

If Silverbeam ever comes back and would like to claim his RP again, we can easily work everything out. :yes: