Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-04-2015, 09:19 PM

Welcome to my sitting room! Here I would like to discuss any potential roleplaying opportunities that are presented. It's been a very long time since I've been able to be active, and so I haven't roleplayed in quite some time. However, I am a literate roleplayer and so I have some rules that I would like to mention before we get started~
[*] No one liners. All responses must have depth. I don't need pages, but I need something substantial enough to give a response. Spacing out your post and not having a wall of text is also important, so please keep that in mind as well. Quality is important as well as quantity, but the quantity should have depth and direction versus being filler just to get a paragraph in.

[*] Proper grammar and spelling are required. Google or Word are great resources to check spelling, and Word is great to check grammar. I don't need professional writing, and honest mistakes are human and I don't mind those, I just can't read posts that are full of errors. So please, take a moment to proof read as I will be doing the same.

[*] No chatting in our roleplay posts. Chatting can be done here or in private messages, but I don't like out-of-roleplay comments within the roleplay posts as I feel that it takes away from what we're writing. Comments such as "Will continue post later and will message when I'm finished" are okay as long as they're removed when you complete your post. I know how it is when you're in the middle of writing and something comes up and you have to save it and continue later. In situations such as that I'm not opposed to the comment being placed into the post temporarily!

[*] I am in my 20s and am going to college full time, so I would like to roleplay with someone who can give the same decorum and understanding when it comes to having to put a pin in the roleplay. Should things become too hectic, I may have to hold off on roleplaying until I am able to respond regularly again. I am more than happy to work with you on your schedule as well, so it's important to have an open line of communication between us.

[*] Don't be afraid to pour out that creativity and passion! I love talking over plot points, character development, and character interactions as we go along. I have no problems with going in different directions or throwing in curve-balls for our characters as long as we talk about it and discuss what our goals might be in how we go about doing it first.

[*] Have fun! Roleplaying is about being creative and having fun with your passions. It's a great outlet for stress, and it helps keep you actively writing and creating so you don't lose that ability as you go through life. I enjoy it as a pastime and I hope that you will enjoy it too!

[*] Any questions, just ask me!

I will be listing ideas and character set-ups in the following posts and will update them, as well as the header of this post, frequently. I am also willing to hear any ideas that you might have so don't be afraid to inquire about a potential roleplay that's not specifically on my list. I look forward to hearing from you all~

~Table of Contents~
1. Introduction & Rules
2. The Idea Corner
3. The Plotting Nook
4. Current Roleplays
5. Extra Space

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-16-2015 at 07:32 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-04-2015, 09:20 PM

Welcome to my Idea Corner! Here is where I will list any ideas that I have or character pairings that I'm interested in. I'll also be listing gender preferences for the themes with what I'm comfortable with or how I see the pairings played out. To put emphasis on what I'm most interested in or what character/gender I would prefer to play, I will be color-coding everything as follows:

Theme I most want to explore
Character I would prefer to play
Gender role I would prefer to play

Beauty and the Beast
Original Characters that follow the same theme
Girl who loves books / Angry bitter Prince
Female / Male

Jane Austen Era
Many character possibilities
Open to both Female / Male pairing and Male / Male pairing for this theme

College
College Student / Professor
Open to both Female / Male pairing and Male / Male pairing for this theme

Harry Potter
Original Character / Professor Snape
Female / Male

Harry Potter
Original Character / Draco Malfoy
I think this one could be interesting as either a Female / Male pairing or a Male / Male pairing

Arabian Nights / Arranged Marriage
Princess / Grand Vizier / Prince
Female / Male / Male
This would require 3 main characters with a potential 4th (Perhaps the Sultan?)

Vampires & Pirates
Vampire Pirate / Stowaway
Open to both Male / Female and Male / Male pairings

The Labyrinth
Original Character / Jareth
Female / Male
Post-Labyrinth run

Greek Mythology
Hades / Persephone
Male / Female

Working Romance
Author / Editor
Open to both Female / Male and Male / Male pairings

Twilight-esque
Human / Vampire
I would be open to both Female / Male and Male / Male pairings and can play either role

Roleplays FoundX

Sailor Moon - Early Moon Kingdom Years
Princess Serenity / Prince Darien
Female / Male

Sailor Moon - Crystal Tokyo
Neo Queen Serenity / King Endymion
Small Lady / Pegasus
Female / Male and Female / Male

Arranged Marriage
Female / Male

Hunter / Hunted with a twist
Vampire Hunter / Vampire
Female / Male

Medieval Era / Brave
Princess / Knight
Female / Male

Alice in Wonderland
Alice / Mad Hatter
Female / Male
I would like to mix Classic Disney with edgy Syfy's version

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-14-2015 at 11:16 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-04-2015, 09:21 PM

Plot ideas

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-04-2015, 09:22 PM

Current Roleplays
  1. Libra - Sailor Moon, Early Moon Kingdom
  2. Xavirne - Medieval Arranged Marriage with Vampire/Hunter twist
  3. Ever_After - Alice in Wonderland
  4. Goblin Maiden - Labyrinth Fandom

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-27-2015 at 11:04 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-04-2015, 09:22 PM

Extra space, just in case!

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-06-2015 at 05:18 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-05-2015, 09:51 PM

I have a good amount of pairing/theme ideas listed up above - will update as I have time with some plot ideas that I have rolling around in my head, but for now I have a good start listed out! I'm also open to hearing any one else's ideas, so please don't hesitate to throw them at me! :)

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 05-07-2015, 02:33 PM

What is your preferred frequency of posting? Are you looking to have posts daily, weekly, monthly, whenever?

You seem like an interesting person and you have some awesome sounding pairings/themes. I just worry that my inability to post in a timely manner would deter you though. I have a bad habit of vanishing without warning. I also have no posting schedule; don't believe in them. I post when I can post.

I probably sound like an awful partner -- and to some I am -- but I have my redeeming qualities. I've been known to roleplay for the long-haul. I have some roleplays that are over 5-years-old. They might move slow, but they still move. I'm also not afraid to play multiple characters, species, etc. I enjoy world creating and introducing sometimes unexpected twists and turns.

I could go on and on, but there's no point in wasting our time if you're looking for daily posts. So I'll leave you with this and, if interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM. If not, happy hunting!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-07-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
What is your preferred frequency of posting? Are you looking to have posts daily, weekly, monthly, whenever?

You seem like an interesting person and you have some awesome sounding pairings/themes. I just worry that my inability to post in a timely manner would deter you though. I have a bad habit of vanishing without warning. I also have no posting schedule; don't believe in them. I post when I can post.

I probably sound like an awful partner -- and to some I am -- but I have my redeeming qualities. I've been known to roleplay for the long-haul. I have some roleplays that are over 5-years-old. They might move slow, but they still move. I'm also not afraid to play multiple characters, species, etc. I enjoy world creating and introducing sometimes unexpected twists and turns.

I could go on and on, but there's no point in wasting our time if you're looking for daily posts. So I'll leave you with this and, if interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM. If not, happy hunting!
Xavirne: I don't really have a preferred schedule or anything - just as we're able! :) If we don't feel creative that day then we don't need to force a post - just hold off until we can post or have more time to post if it's a timing issue. For example, if I happen to be on and I see your response not long after you posted and I respond, it doesn't mean I'm expecting an immediate response back, you know? I'm more worried about the quality and flow than having quantity of posts in a set time period.

The only thing I do ask is that if it's going to be a lengthy period of time, such as a couple of weeks or more, then just pop me a comment here, on my profile, or in private and just let me know it might be awhile before the next response :3 Or if you're just not feeling the RP anymore then just shoot me a message and we can either discuss a change or if you want to end it we can do that as well - I just like being kept in the loop! :)

I'm free for most of the summer until my new degree starts up again, so I'm pretty flexible on timing because I know once September hits it will be maybe only a couple of times a month I'll be able to respond until the semester is over in January. So if you're a partner that doesn't mind sporadic posting at times then I'm your girl! ;) But yeah as long as we have an open line of communication I'm fine with long pauses and such between sessions! I'm also really big on talking about plots and what goals we might want to accomplish after a period of time and have no problem changing things up if things get stagnant, so if you get any ideas at any point in a roleplay, I'm happy to discuss it and implement it!

I think we'd be a great match with a roleplay as we both value the same things, and you seem like the kind of person who doesn't mind putting a little bit of work into the development of a roleplay, so if you're up for it I'd love to work with you! Did you have anything in particular you were interested in doing? Also, I hope you don't mind the ping back here instead of a PM - this was a bit easier for me! :)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-11-2015, 12:58 AM

Just updated my thread a bit! Nothing really new added, but I did remove some roleplay wants based on current roleplay start-ups! :)

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 05-11-2015, 06:49 PM

That works for me! Right off the bat, I can tell you I'm never around for the holidays or on Fridays after noon until Monday. I spend my weekends with the significant other! And I'm totally done with open communication. My skype is the same as my username so you're always welcome to stalk me on there, if you'd like. :)

Oh and the ping works fine. I know some people haven't mastered the ping so I always err on the side of caution and go pm.

Anyway, regarding the stories, I'm leaning more toward the arranged marriage, medieval era, or hunter/hunted story. Not sure if you're interested in combining any of the pairings like a medieval era story with a princess and knight who happen to hire a vampire hunter to save their village from a wicked vamp. Or maybe the princess runs off (is kidnapped?) and the knight has to team up with a hunter (vampire hunter) to find the princess. Meanwhile, the princess is utterly lost and happens to cross paths was a vampire. Eventually all their paths cross and well, ya know, stuff happens. xD Really not picky. And from your pairings list, it looks like I'll be taking on the male role (honestly my preference).

So yeah, do you have a preference?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-11-2015, 09:11 PM

Is it bad that I don't have any form of instant messenger etc.? Lol! And that's fine with the schedule excluding weekends - I don't blame you for stepping back to focus on loved ones!

It took me a bit to get back into the swing of it after being away from Mene for so long, and I use it very infrequently, but I wasn't sure if you had bookmarked the thread or not and posting was easier than trying to transfer it to a PM and try to flip back and forth to respond!

I wouldn't mind mixing the Arranged Marriage theme with the Medieval Princess/Knight! I think that could make for a great plot - the Princess is betrothed to a foreign Prince but really be in love with the Knight, and the Knight of course is in the Royal Guard so completely off limits for other reasons than station. And then I think throwing in the Vampire/Hunter theme into the mix would further thicken the plot and make it interesting as well.. OOH! WHAT IF THE PRINCE WAS THE VAMPIRE! I mean, when you have an arranged royal marriage, it's most likely for political gain - money, land, etc. So most of the time, they're arranged over correspondence and through royal envoys. We could start the roleplay off with the vampire getting a letter agreeing to the proposal and the Princess finding out about the arrangement, and the hunter could be stationed to watch the vampire so when he moves, she moves. She could have a run in with the Knight and get entangled that way, so that way there's a lot of ways that this could go - kind of a big melting pot of plot! Does something like that interest you? If so and you don't mind being both male roles (Knight and Vampire), then I'd love to give that one a shot!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 05-11-2015, 09:25 PM

EEEEE! YESSS! :D :D :D That sounds awesome to me! I love crazy stories with overlap and mayhem! Makes them more... entertaining? Fun? Interesting? Yeah, all those things!

And I don't mind being the knight and vampire (both dudes). Definitely prefer playing men so I get what I wanted in the end :P

Is there anything else we should work out regarding this story? Or do we want to create the rest (like setting and whatnot) as it happens into the story?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-11-2015, 10:28 PM

Yayy! 100% agree. So excited!

Hmm - I think we've kind of covered the initial set up as to how we want to get things together and how we want the relationships to initially be, so in that sense we're good to start with and we can build and expand and add things in as we go along. For setting this is kind of what I was thinking:

Princess:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...282004a%29.jpg
http://www.historvius.com/images/ori...astle-1495.jpg
http://supercarsiege.co.uk/wp-conten...astleAriel.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...zollern_ak.jpg
I kind of picture it as Leeds Castle-esque in architecture and style, but in the setting of Hohenzollern Castle - surrounded by forest on a hill, but with a sea port at the bottom of the hill with a village along the bottom of the hill.

I'm not really sure what we might want for the Vampire? What are your thoughts?

http://megahdwall.com/wp-content/upl...ers-448705.jpg
Just had to share this too - when I was googling to find the images I wanted I came across this - I wish this castle were actually built! It would be amazing! (Huge castle fanatic)

Also - I'll go ahead and start working on setting up the thread - I don't feel we really need a character bio section or anything - with so few characters it's pretty easy to keep straight! I was thinking perhaps a banner at the top with the 4 characters photos? That way we have a visual but it's not really any extra space :3

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-11-2015 at 10:38 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 05-12-2015, 12:03 PM

Omg, I wanna live in all those castles. So pretty :3

I'll hunt around for a castle for the vampire but I kinda like the one on the water. No one would suspect a vampire to rule that kinda castle, especially without any shady spots!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-13-2015, 08:22 PM

Right?? Ugh. I'm obsessed. I would loveee to go on a castle tour of Europe!! <3

Oo! Very true! Especially with all of the stained glass windows! Plus it has a gothic/baroque look to it, which I feel fits as well. It doesn't have to be a realistic castle since we're adding a bit of fantasy to the mix, so if you want to go with this one we can definitely do that!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-14-2015, 12:15 AM

I really love the second link - it's created on top of mountain points so there's almost something unnatural about it that I just love!

Also I made a rough sketching of the intro here: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/rolepl...-marriage.html
Once I know names etc. I can fill in blanks and fix it up a bit - still working everything out but wanted to post before it was lost - what are your thoughts on it so far? Any changes/suggestions?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 05-14-2015, 01:21 AM

Then the second image it shall be! And so far the story looks good. Just need to figure out names. Also, how old are you hoping my vampire prince will be? When I eventually go image hunting, I want to make sure he looks somewhat his age (although as a vampire, I suppose he could be much, much older).

And since we're taking the fantasy/supernatural twist to this, will our princess/knight pair be human? Or can they be elven, mages, changlings, etc. Just trying to decide if I want a human knight or an elemental knight of sorts.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-14-2015, 07:40 AM

I would probably imagine youthful - in his late twenties at most - vampires usually have a youthful look so I don't think he should be too old physically! His actual age could be anything, though - centuries, millennia, etc. :3

I was imagining human - or at least the royal family anyways - I think it would be much better if they have no knowledge of a supernatural world - that way there's no suspicion and the vampire hunter sounds kind of crazy and she can't just go to the royal family and be like "HEY! HE'S A VAMPIRE!" I don't really want a heavy implication of the fantasy/supernatural - more of just an underlying tone as it fits to the story - kind of like a hidden world that not many are aware of just yet :3

However, there could always be a twist that the knight is half elf but has no clue and just thinks he was born odd with slightly pointed ears - his helmet would hide it half of the time, and his hair the other, so only the princess would really know about it other than his human mother perhaps? The father could have died in battle or something and the mother moved to the village to start fresh where no one knew them and he could have been just a little boy so he doesn't remember much about before the village? Just a rough idea but something to think a little more in depth about as you're looking for photos!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 05-14-2015, 10:39 AM

Found images for my knight and vampire. Not sure which I want to pick though. xD

KNIGHT:

SPOILERX

VAMPIRE:

SPOILERX

---------- Post added 05-14-2015 at 10:04 AM ----------

Came up with names!

Vierryn (Vahy-ren) Clavett (Clave-ett)
Vampire
Nineteen

Quote:
Aeltron E. Tahlae
(Ale-tron Tall-lay)
Twenty-four
Unknown lineage
xxx hair
Blue eyes
6-foot, 3-inches

Ever since he can remember, Aeltron had lived with a blacksmith. The man, Teket, forged weapons day and night, claiming that a man is only as strong as the sword at his hip. Although not his true father, Aeltron never questioned the man or saw him as anything else. To him, Teket was all the boy had.

Ensuring Aeltron wasn't one to shy from fights, Teket trained him in the art of sword fighting. He made certain that his adopted son was a man worthy of fighting in the noble's army. Although, the struggle with buckling Aeltron up was harder than expected. The boy's lithe body remained, even as he came into puberty. Teket's girlfriend at the time, Lissandra, saw something in the boy that Teket kept missing. When Teket was asleep, she would slip into the dark of the night to train Aeltron how to wield a true weapon -- a mighty bow and its quiver of arrows. To her, swords were unsophisticated weapons for pig-headed fools. Seeing Aeltron as someone more prim and proper, she helped the 12-year-old learn how to craft his own tools of the trade. She taught him everything she could about archery before he turned 15 and joined the royal army.

Teket and Lissandra wished their boy well as he went off to train for the army. Little did they know that he would amount to someone much more than just a foot soldier.

Despite failing the strength and weight tests, Aeltron demonstrated something much more impressive -- dexterity, intellect, and sophistication. When asked why he wanted to become a soldier, he stated, "I simply seek to protect our culture and defend those who are in need of a shield."

Taken aback by his calm, respectable demeanor, he was immediately pulled from the army. Henceforth, he served as a knight to the fair princess. Since the age of 15, he has been by her side. Although his job is usually uneventful, he has come to enjoy the tranquil life of protecting a precious flower. As far as he is concerned, there is no higher honor than being beside her day and night.

Last edited by Xavirne; 05-14-2015 at 02:23 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 PM

Oo - that is a tough one! I really like the first two but they give off such different vibes - the first one in blue seems to be loyal and strong of heart, but not very strong muscular-wise, yet the one in red seems very confident and strong physically - after reading the quote below I kind of kept reflecting back on the black haired guy in blue!

Also love the names! I was thinking we could make an OOC thread to keep all of our ideas and talk about our twists and such there so it's all in one place? And we could put any useful information (like the bios and such) in the first couple of posts - then everything else can be discussion etc. :3 Did you want to make that since I made the RP thread so you get thread creation gold? Do you want me to do it or?

I updated the RP thread a little too - will go back through in a little bit and insert the names - I think I have all of the ages corrected now - would you do a double check in about a half hour or so and make sure it still sounds okay and that I didn't switch anything by mistake?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 05-14-2015, 09:03 PM

I know >.< I'm leaning toward the first one. Kinda suits the description more. But he's more mysterious than 4, which is also nice. So I think I'll go with him! And for the vamp... might go back to the drawing board. Don't need my knight and vamp to look that alike. I'll see if I can find a blonde for my vamp instead ;)

LOL, those names took forever. @_@ I swear I spent at least 30 minutes on them. They have meanings too but I honestly don't remember them. xD I know Ael means knight in some language but that's about it.

Sure! I can create that. I'll post the link here when done. :)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 PM

True! They do look a lot alike for sure - there are tonsss of vampire pics so you should be able to find something! When I was searching for my hunter I kept coming up with guy vampires no matter what I searched LOL I think I'm pretty set on the two photos I have (been going back and forth a bit) so I'll post them in the new thread - hopefully you like them!

Oh I know what you mean - mine took foreverrrr too! I kept going back and forth - it was so hard to choose - especially because I kept going back and forth on the photos haha!

Sounds good! And I'll be back to finish the RP thread in a couple of hours - dinner got finished just as I posted earlier and now the family and I are going to catch up on some shows for a bit - if you have any suggestions or changes etc just let me know and we can work them out when I get back later tonight! :)

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 05-14-2015, 09:53 PM

Boop, here's the OOC: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/rolepl...riage-ooc.html

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-14-2015, 11:35 PM

Perfect! I'll work on the RP thread and we can transfer the convo over there! :D