View Single Post
Early Bird Special
Yeah, I'm one of the cool kids.
Send a message via AIM to Early Bird Special

Old 02-22-2011, 11:19 PM

Indigo smiled back, blushing a bit from the impact of her deep green eyes. "Yeah," he said. "I like history because, if you know about the past, you can help change the future." He didn't usually feel like he could talk to people so easily about serious stuff like this. Usually, he was kind of a goof. But there was something about this conversation that was different - It felt like Scarlett had expectations of him; more than most people he knew, who thought of him only as that Indie kid.

"And, yeah, I'm taking Teacher's Academy, too," he said. "I don't really know what I want to do with my life, but I think that learning teaching skills will help me out anyway. I mean," he added. "I have considered becoming a teacher. But I'm just... not ready to decide on one thing, you know? Why box yourself in?" He looked at her, catching himself. What if she had already made up her mind? he realized. "I mean," he continued, quickly. "I mean, it's not a bad thing if you've already decided what you want to do..." His voice trailed off as a nervous laugh escaped his lips, but luckily, it was drowned out by the sound of the first bell ringing. "So, new girl," he teased. "Want me to help you find your first class?"

------

Rosie sighed as the first bell rang. It seemed like the other girl had found some other guy to hang out with, leaving her only with Alex. Not such a bad prospect....

"What do you have first?" she asked. "I have no earthly clue where to go, I could barely find the entrance this morning!"

It was embarrassing, but true. She was in a (relatively) new town, and on top of that lay her awful sense of direction. She never seemed to know where she was going. Her mom always said she had her head in the clouds, and she was afraid she was right. She didn't want this guy to think she was a total flake, though, so she tried to be casual about it.

"I mean," she covered. "New school and everything. Where do you think we can find a map?"

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 02-22-2011 at 11:27 PM..