View Single Post
psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 AM

My gawd, why oh why did I have to choose the "Romance List?" WHY. Everything is so bloody sappy. It's going to drive me sane by the time I finish this list. ...unless I decide to just respond bitterly to all the themes. xD

80. Crush

"It's nothing serious."

"That's what you say," the court lady teased. "Next thing you know, you'll be composing absurd love poetry and making me listen to it."

"You know perfectly well that I would do no such thing," Chi snapped. "I am not capable of such sappiness, and you are not capable of sitting still to listen to anything serious."

"Suuuuuuure." She giggled. "Well, I shall leave you to your day dreaming that you're so fond of, so you can dream about your lover in peace. Ta ta!"

"He's not my lover," Chi muttered to the closed the door. She fell back on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Her fingers picked idly at the stray threads on the pillow.

It wasn't serious. That was the sad part. She liked him, certainly, but she didn't dare think to go further. She knew that the two of them would never match--they were too different and this was not a case of opposite's attraction.

Well, maybe it was, but it wasn't a case where it would work out. She knew and he knew it. Yet, both played in a sort of silly dalliance, entertaining the fancy of a romance between them. But they knew the bounds. Just a crush. Because they both knew neither was who they appeared to be.

So that's all it could be. Just a crush.