View Single Post
eyelinerinblackplaid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 AM

a mango lassi recipe, how exciting! for once i'm sad that i don't have a blender.

i haven't been cooking much lately. i've been visiting my friend's a lot to watch the olympics (i don't have a tv). so, i've been eating lots of tasty food there, but nothing she or i cooked.

i did try that sweet and savory sausage 'casserole' in the slow cooker. it was quite tasty. it was a little on the sweet side, but that was exactly what i was in the mood for. the next time i make it, i think i'll omit the small amount of sugar, and add the apple later. after a few hours of cooking, the apples were mushy and the carrots were still a little crisp. i used spicy italian sausage, and i think that worked very well. a sweeter sausage might have made the entire dish too sweet.

later in the week i'm trying stuffed butternut squash with leftover pork and maple bacon. i made stuffed zucchini last fall, but i've never worked with butternut squash. any suggestions? thanks. ^_^

oh! and i made bread. i've never really done that before and i haven't baked much either. it turned out quite well and was lots of fun. you should all do it. i think i may have to make a few more loaves in different varieties.