a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-13-2012, 11:55 PM

A Pirate's Life For Me

A tale of epic battles...

A tale of pirates and pilliaging...

A tale of hidden treasures...

and a tale of attainable paradises...

Our story takes place long ago when there was no technology or anything of the sort.
One would travel by horse and buggy, a ship with sails, things of that nature.
We will only be accepting ten characters, five female and five male.
So please review the character profiles before you send one in, there may be multiple pirates, but let's try to be diverse with the other characters. Ideas: Naval captain, princess, stowaway, etc. If we have filled up or you have a character in mind you would like to play but is already being used, PM me and we'll talk about it.

--Rules--
-Follow Menewsha rules and TOS first and foremost.
-To join, PM me the profile and wait for an approval to begin, DO NOT post profiles here.
-Romance and violence are encouraged, but keep it PG-13.
-You must be at least semi-literate for this thread and post in paragraphs (At least one; 4-5 scentences if you're feeling brain dead), with capitalization, punctuation, etc. No one is perfect, but this isn’t a text message. It's easy if you're describing what your character is seeing, smelling, feeling, etc.
-No God-modding.
-I don't expect you to post all day everyday as I will be gone from time to time as well, but you must post once every couple of days. I understand life happens, if you will be gone for longer than a couple of days, please let us know.
-Please do not write any out of character text in the RP, if you feel you need to have a conversation or even just ask a simple question, take it to the OOC Thread linked above.
-When you PM me your character profile, the subject title should read: 16 men on a dead man's chest.
-If you can not follow ALL of my rules, you will be warned once. If you continue not to follow my rules, you will be removed.
-I reserve the right to remove you from the RP if I see fit and to revise the rules at any time I see fit.

Profile Skeleton: Copy the text inside this box, fill in the information in the appropriate places and send me a personal message with the info. Wait for my response to begin the RP.

PHP Code:
[LEFT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"][B]INSERT USERNAME[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT

[
CENTER][IMG]insert URL to your character's appearence. ANIME PICTURES ONLY NO DESCRIPTIONS[/IMG] 
[COLOR="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"][B][FONT=" Garamond "][SIZE="5"]CHARACTER NAME[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] 

I am [color="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"] (Be creative! View our list of examples above. If something has been crossed off, we 

are no longer accepting profiles for that character type) [/color]. 

[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] People call me ____. [/size] 
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am ____ years old. [/size] 
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am male/female. [/size] 
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I can ____. (Erase this if your character does not have any special abilities.) [/size] 

[/CENTER][JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT] 
[B][SIZE="4"]‡ My story;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1] 
Write everything you want us to know about your character here. Ideas: background, mission, scars, likes, hates, etc.  

[/size][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] 

Character Profiles:
(No more pirates please :))

Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Gemma (Jem-uh) Branley

I am a treasure hunter.

‡ People call me Gemma or Gem.
‡ I am 23 years old.
‡ I am female.

‡ My story;

Gemma's mother died at childbirth, so she grew up with her father. Her father was a pirate, and although a bloody mean one, he always tried to protect her from the awful sights seen in the life of a pirate, sending her to her cabin during ship raids, and leaving her aboard when they pilliaged towns. Up until her teen years, he passed her off as his son, knowing a woman at sea was a bad omen. When she began developing, she was abandoned at Tortuga. Her mission now is to find treasures before the pirates do, proving them daft for believing such conspiracy and abandoning her.

Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Human form:

Azaela

I am a mermaid.

‡ People call me Azaela, Zae or Zaela.
‡ I am 22 years old.
‡ I am female.
‡ I can transform between mermaid and human, control water and ocean animals among other small things. But, I can only use my magic to an extent and only while I'm wearing my tiny shell pendant necklass.

‡ My story;

Azaela is adventurous, almost too much so. Her father is Poseidon, ruler of the seas, but much like any ruler in a vast area, there are few things he cannot oversee and control. She has been forbid to have any contact with humans as her father believes they are only trouble, but that only fuels her desire to see them. She often sits upon rocks or in coves and sings to draw ships to her so that she can get closer looks at what they carry, as her voice entrances the humans. She will also often follow a ship or approach an anchored ship in curiosity which can be dangerous but she doesn't care. Rarely she will travel to shore and transform into her human legs to explore. Her father often worries as she is the princess of the sea and knows all too much about it and it's treasures and fears her value to those who wish to claim the ocean and/or it's treasures. She wears a small shell pendant that holds her magic.

Quote:
Death_to_the_reaper

Blue Eyed Belle

I am The Cook for Devil's Dream.

‡ People call me Belle or Blue.
‡ I am 21 years old.
‡ I am female.
‡ I can cook and tend to wounds.

‡ My story;

Belle does not like to talk about her past. She does speak of her father, a wealthy merchant. Her mother died giving birth to Rel. The only family she has is her brother.

She likes to cook, read, and observe the sea. Her dislikes are fighting, treating injuries, and people insulting her food.

There is a scar over her left eye from a previous raid.

Belle's only mission is to serve her captain and protect her brother.

Death_to_the_reaper

Aurelio

I am The Cabin boy for Devil's Dream.

‡ People call me Rel or Boy.
‡ I am 14 years old.
‡ I am male.
‡ I can tie knots and read.

‡ My story;

He only knows that Belle is the only family he has left. But he respects the captain as a father figure since his memory of before the captain is hazy.

Rel’s mission is to serve his captain and grow stronger to protect his sister from harm. He was only 6 years-old when the captain brought them aboard his ship. Belle taught him how to read and told him to serve the captain as best as he could.

He likes watching the ocean, reading, and learning about being a pirate. His dislikes are storms, people making fun of him, and men touching his sister.

((They are part elves. His eyes are also blue.))
Quote:
Kry

Ryek Le'Raux

I am Captain of the ship, Devil's Dream..

‡ People call me Captain or Ryek.
‡ I am 35 years old.
‡ I am male.

‡ My story;

Ryek Le'Raux has been captain of the ship "Devil's Dream" for well over 10 years. Often he is reffered to as the Sea Demon. Not much is known about Ryek's past, as he refuses to share such information. He is very agile, very good swordsman and very good with his pistol. He often takes prisoners, always pillages other ships if he thinks they're rich enough to bother with. Enjoys chasing mermaids and hunting after other mythical creatures.

The "Devil's Dream" is one of very few ships that can honestly be called, the fastest ship to ever sail the high seas. She's a dark grey ship, with sails as white as snow, the jolly roger is always flown atop her main mast. She's a big ship, but not too big. She's armed with cannons, but still retains her agility in the water. Sometimes she moves as if alive and Ryek often admits that he lets the ship choose her own way.

Quote:
INSERT Angelo

Jacob Blackburn

I am an English magician and gentlemen, though I do possess Faerie blood.

‡ People call me Jacob or, among colleagues, Blackburn.
‡ I am 20 years old.
‡ I am male.
‡ I can summon forth Faerie spirits to perform deeds in exchange for something, though I can also perform my own magic as well.

‡ My story;

Born the illegitimate, though accepted, child to a rich noble family, Jacob had his life made. He grew up shooting, hunting, and learning all of the countless other abilities and knowledge that a gentleman was supposed to possess. Yet, none of these various hobbies ever meant much to him. While he enjoyed them, they were not something that he felt particularly attracted to as a hobby. Until he found magic that is. His uncle, a theoretical magician, had come by on his way back from an auction, and was showing off one of his new books. Of course, this piqued the nine-year old's curiosity, and he ended up sneaking the book so that he could read it. At first his uncle had been furious, but his mood turned to radiant joy when he discovered that Jacob could, in fact, perform the magic.

His uncle proceeded to lend him the book, as well as several others. Thus, his knowledge and ability grew, though it was far from what one would call disciplined. Truly, most of his discoveries came about by mistake, and not of his own purposeful intent. This was precisely how he was able to summon his first Faerie, whom he ordered to teach him about magic. The Faerie, known as Ventus, agreed, setting the conditions himself because the child hadn't. Every night, Jacob vanished to the world of Faerie where he was instructed in the ways of magic and Faerie life. This is the primary reason that the Faeries don't mind helping him at all; they consider him one of their own.

Seven years later, Jacob took the society of London, and the whole of England, by storm. With his amiable personality and status as England's only practical magician, he was catapulted to the pinnacle of society. Ministers came frequently to ask his assistance in dealing with various projects for the betterment of England, such as removing floods, ceasing droughts, etc. A book he found which mentions several magical artifacts prompted him to leave and go searching for it off in the West, and so he joined a ship, though rather suddenly.

Possessing a warm, mischievous personality, Jacob often leaves a positive impression on people. In other words, it's hard to hate him, what with his ironic smiles and friendly eyes. Of course, he does possess a bit of arrogance, being England's only magician and all, though he has heard that there are others elsewhere in the world.

Quote:
maidenroseheart

Mindy

I am a stranded French girl .

‡ People call me Mindy.
‡ I am 18 years old.
‡ I am female.
‡ I can fight with a sword with incredible speed. This speed is also seen in my ability to sprint and climb.

‡ My story;

I was born and raised in an aristocratic home until the age of 7. I had amazing tutors and a comfortable lifestyle. Then one night my mother quietly took me and boarded a ship with our family's treasure. We lived at sea for several years, avoiding places my family might look. In a horrible storm, our ship was wrecked on a coral reef near an island. Many died over the next few years, including my mother. I alone am left, guardian of this uncharted isle with my family's treasure hidden in a secluded cave. I am full of questions as to why we ran away from home that night. I have no purpose in life except to continue hiding and protecting the treasure. I have a sword that I train with daily. I patrol the island several times a day and keep an eye out for ships. What I will do if anyone ever comes is beyond me as I am actually really nervous around people I don't know. I am scared of loud noises like guns and cower during storms. I'm fond of music though and can be lured to a calmer frame of mind with it.

Quote:
maidenroseheart

Edward

I am Monk - ex-assassin.

‡ People call me Father.
‡ I am 35 years old.
‡ I am male.
‡ I can throw knives with deadly accuracy. Give me anything sharp and I can cause damage. My strength is my speed. My weakness is my conscience.

‡ My story;

My story begins at a young age. Taken in by the Church, I was trained to be an assassin for the holy order. Told I was doing the work of God, I caused a lot of pain and death. When I felt that corruption instead of God was leading me, I left. Ever since I have been trying to atone for my sins by caring for an unwanted village on an uncharted island. This place has a secret though. The crypt below my monastery holds a precious treasure. I feel it belongs to the people who have lived here for centuries. Should they ever need it, they will have it. The poor receive aid from the monastery, and this is the source. Love helping others, but am not certain I could ever again take a life.

Quote:
Graxdon

Commodore Malcolm Stanforth

I am Commodore of the Queen's Navy .

‡ People call me the Black Swordsman, the Hangman, Commodore Black Sails.
‡ I am 34 years old.
‡ I am male.
‡ I can best any man, woman, or creature with a blade.

‡ My story;

I was the son of a local blacksmith of a port town when it was attacked by a band of pirates. I was 14 years old when everyone I knew was slaughtered and the town was pillaged and burned. I was the only survivor. I have since spent my entire life dedicated to exterminating piracy, training on ships until I was old enough to enlist in the Navy. I rose through the ranks, proving myself time and again until I eventually made Captain. After that, I carved a reputation as the most unforgiving naval officer sailing the sea, even once managing to take on a trio of pirate ships with my single ship and destroying them, taking the survivors and hanging them from the mast frame when the brig was too full. Before long, I was given a lordship and made a commodore, but I remain active on these oceans, my black blade at my side as I wage a war against privateers, ships of enemy nations, and especially pirates, not burdening myself with caring for a whole fleet, instead keeping command of only my single vessel, the Blackened Star.

Quote:
Angelo

Lucy Belle Soltwo

I am human. I think anyway.

‡ People call me Lucy.
‡ I am 13 years old.
‡ I am female.
‡ I can produce light through my bioluminescence and then manipulate that light, and only that light, through photokinesis.

‡ My story;

Lucy grew up like any other middle class child in England, which is to say that she learned to sew and cook and do all of the other things that women needed to maintain a household, though her education wasn’t very far along when the signs showed up. One night, she woke up to see that her whole body was glowing, which made her freak out. Her parents were also at a loss, yet the next day, it was gone. So the family tried to keep it under wraps, never really understanding that the reason it seemed gone during the day was because it was muted by the sunlight.

As her problem continued, they got more and more distant from each other, until one day it accelerated. Her snotty cousin was annoying her, so she put her hand up to get him to stop and ended up blasting him in the chest, though he was relatively unharmed. For her parents though, that was the last straw. They put her on a ship and told the captain to take her away. It was all fine and dandy until the crew discovered her abilities, which resulted in their marooning her on an island with the belief that she was possessed or involved with Lucifer somehow.

At first, she almost starved to death. It was only her finding fruit that kept her alive as she learned how to better control her powers. Now she uses them to hunt, killing animals with a shot before cleaning them and cooking them, though it took her awhile to figure out the first part. She sewed her own clothes from the leaves in the forest and figured out how to make a tent and basic utensils.

Now though, she’s confused. In the two years that she’s been on the island, no one has come by. Until a ship crashed. Most of the people perished, but one survived. Her actions intrigue Lucy greatly, but the petite girl is too shy to make contact, so she just follows and watches.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 05-08-2012 at 04:27 PM..