View Single Post
Mr Wink
Shut up, Wesley.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 AM

"Captain enough in my eyes," he smiled, then looked forward again. Bram just couldn't find the words to express what he was thinking. After a long wait, everything felt like it was moving so fast. He had been planning this day for some time. Now it was here.. and for the first time he was terrified.

The cyborg fumbled with his hands and examined his mechanical one.

"Well.. I don't know how to really put it into words. It's more like a feeling. Like this.. urge or fire inside me that just keeps burning bigger and bigger. I can't-- Val, I can't do it anymore," he looked at his friend and gave a sad expression. So, apparently he was going to get right to the point. No catching up. Just business.

"I need to get out of here I need to go. I need to see the stars and the planets and feel real, running water," Bram bit his lip and glanced away, thinking his friend might find his idea stupid. "My family's debt is paid off. I have my adult synthetic parts. There was nothing keeping me here, except to see you again."

The engineer pushed himself up to his feet and continued to babble on, afraid that if he stopped he wouldn't go through with it. He pressed his hands against the observatory glass," I don't know who I am, Val. I don't know where I've come from or what I like. I feel like I'm trapped in his cage, where everyone dictates my likes and wishes and needs for me. My world revolves around fixing engines and machines.."

Bram looked over his shoulder at his friend," I honestly don't know who I am.. What I'm really like."

Quickly he scrambled down beside his companion again, a more excited expression on his young face. His voice lowered to just above a whisper, just in case anyone might over hear," I'm going to go. I want to leave and I have everything planned out. I want you to come with me. We can go and explore the universe together, you and I. Just like we used to talk about!"