View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-29-2012, 04:08 AM

Guess I jest got caught up in stuff here. I'll ride in to Thunder Springs tomorrow, Jed said with a smile. Jessica nodded an okay and vaulted back up onto the stallion's back. She turned the animal and galloped back toward town. Usually she wouldn't gallop a horse a lot, but Bellisario still had lots of energy to spare. And since she was the only one Bellisario would let on his back she couldn't exactly have Monty the stable hand exercise him.

She slowed Bellisario to a prancing walk as the reached the edge of town. She rode him down the street to Guthrie's Mercantile and dismounted, looping his reins over the hitching post. Stay there you meathead, she ordered the stallion who tossed his head as if to say "Who me?" She shook her head and entered the store, walking over to the counter.

Is he okay? The portly mercantile owner asked, his voice laced with concern and a bit of nosiness. Jed's fine, just got caught up in his work. He'll be in tomorrow. Jessica grabbed an apple out of one of the baskets and walked toward the door. Just put it on my tab, she called over her shoulder as she walked out the door.

Bellisario still stood at the hitching post but his reins trailed in the dirt. He neighed with pride when he saw her, tossing his head happily. Well I was going to give you this apple but now I don't know, crooned to the stallion with a laugh. She gathered up his reins and led the stallion back to the stables.