View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 AM

Gino glanced up to make sure Riley was talking to him. Indeed she was. What a switch! No one was telling him to be quiet, or avoiding him and his odd topics of conversation. He sat up a bit, though he still maintained a generally poor posture reminiscent of a heavy reader, recluse, or computer junkie. "I love the rain." He admitted. "It's probably one of the best things in nature." He paused, thinking before he spoke. "When I was young, I lived in a wooded area, more country-like. When it rained, I'd be up on the roof, under a lip below the attic area. I can remember those nights well; they were my favorite times. It's almost the only natural thing in cities like this, anyway..."

He cut himself off. If he didn't force himself to shut up, he'd rattle on about his home life, and no one who was a relative stranger wanted to hear about that. He'd grown up in a cabin, built by his parents. They were quiet, with few friends, but they were loving. His obsession with video games and technology, though accepted, wasn't necessarily supported. It really set him apart from his parents... How long had it been since he spoke to them last...?