View Single Post
Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 AM

Yeah writing about your hometown is just too weird. I tried that once, it felt... like an awkward Mary Sue story?

I know right? I'm a little scare to do things I don't have knowledge on (like how fast does a language evolve into two separate languages because at some point in history they were one country but present day they were too) but I find these days it's easier to handwave away and say it's different.

I also find this is why I prefer a magic element everything? Because it's a lot easier to do/say the Wizard did it instead of trying to explain scientifically this why the character can control electricity because his cells have been modified to increase the bioenergy that's stored in your body, amplifying it outwards to create a charge. He requires two hands because that closes the loops, allowing the electricity to pass through your body (which because it's made up of 70% water will kill you) assuming his body can generate over 10 milli amperes and can directly target your heart.

But that also might be laziness when I think about it. Already researching history, languages, social impacts. Trying to figure out the science element kinda just goes out the wind.