View Single Post
TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 07-17-2013, 10:16 AM

It was a tough choice for me to make. I don't exactly have the funding to buy the full professional subscription ($49.95 per month) but since I work Freelance, I've met up with some traps here and there.

What I mean is that there are some people that make an income by reporting designers or digital artists for having illegal software. They request design work, post an ad for it. Offer at one or even longer freelance gig, you apply. It all seems legit and then that person or "company" will demand to see your legal validation for your software while threatening to report you should you decline or hesitate to provide it.

Its also different for me because I'm professional. I know that I could work even off of CS2 and be completely happy. yes, CS6 drastically makes life easier, but there's still no game changing feature that you can't do with a bit more time, ingenuity, and focus in CS2. The issue is employment. Employers (clients if you work for a design firm) inherently are not designers. They always demand the latest and greatest without understanding that the people they are hiring could create the same product they want with older and cheaper software.