View Single Post
Beekeeper
I don't - what is - I - huh?

Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 PM

(( >.> ))

The door was banging, a constant, rapid push and pull as if someone were trying to break clean though the locks with sheer physical force. It was, quite frankly, aggravating and extraordinarily annoying. The hour was creeping later and later into the evening, the sky already dark and casting the town in deep shadows, naught but the sparse lamps to illuminate the night.

It had to be a human - Kaled had taken precautions to ensure that neither a werewolf nor a vampire could even approach the church, and he would have sensed their power if it were a witch. This incessant pounding had to have been caused by a mortal, though he didn't have a clue as to why anyone would be out in such blackness and cause such a frantic racket.

Perhaps my prayer had been answered, one perfect, final sacrifice for my Lords in the shadows?

However it could also very well be a potential lodger who had gotten lost alone in the cemetery or the woods, terrified of the imaginary shapes they thought they saw lurking. Some of which may not be so imaginary.

Kneading the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger Kaled made sure that the doorway to the crypt was tightly locked before walking briskly to the door which was still thumping against the frame, the old boards straining. It had barely been two hours since his last service of the night and he had yet to change out of his robes, becoming preoccupied with.. more important matters.

Adjusting the collar of his cassock he - gently - opened the door, a subtle smile dancing on his lips.

~*~

"We're late."

"Yeah, well, so what? Everyone knows the cooler people arrive later into the party. 'sides, with more people it'll be easier to blend in than if it was just us and a couple others."

Clara rolled her eyes, pulling on the right glove of her costume. Carmen had the ingenious idea of dressing identically, as if people didn't have a hard enough time telling the two of them apart sometimes.

"It'll be fun!" she had said, shoving the clothes into her mirror's arms.

It's decidedly not fun, especially when having to wait for over an hour for you to get ready. We have the same costume. I took ten minutes. If that human wasn't going to be there I wouldn't have agreed to this in the first place.

Taking a large breath Clara smoothed out her shirt and pulled the zipper up just a little bit more. The outfit was a little too tight and just a tad too revealing for her own personal tastes but she knew that it would be easier to attract others this way. Men especially - sometimes it was just a tad too easy to get into their minds and manipulate them just the right way to get them alone. Just bat the eyelashes, say a few words to get them interested, and they'll willingly follow to a secluded place.

"We're here now anyway, so just knock on the door and get invited in. I'll get a head start."

Carmen winked at her sister, pushing open the door of the home and slipping inside, sliding seamlessly into the swing of the party. She tried to keep her eyes open for the human Becca - she was the ultimate goal, the only reason her twin even agreed to coming.

Which'll make it all the sweeter when I steal her away.

Clara, on the other hand, had to dig her nails into her palm in order to contain herself. The gall of her sister was so intensely agitating that she had to take a minute to calm herself down lest her anger get the hold of her. That red curtain needed to stay up and secure, no chance of falling down in front of her eyes.

You can't expose yourself, not here among all these people, especially when you're not dressed as your species. You have no excuse for your fangs.

One last deep breath and she stepped up to the door, knocking loudly, hoping the host or someone would open the door quickly and invite her in. This was the one part of her gift that she found quite annoying - why should she, such a superior creature, have to ask permission to enter someplace? It was absurd! And yet it couldn't be avoided. At least, it couldn't be avoided in a way that wouldn't get noticed.