View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 05-19-2014, 06:43 PM

"Well if that Barbie doll does anything that threatens this team she might find a miscalculated shot tot he back of her pilot seat.." The woman replied grimly. It wasn't something she'd actually do, she prided herself on being a capable sniper. It was also a matter of pride that she killed opponents who were facing her, never with their back turned. She wasn't an assassin. The woman reached up and rubbed at her temples calmly,
"Can't believe they jumped at the chance to throw in their own little sponsored soldier girl. Ten-to-one I bet they've given her some other agenda." She stared at Ambrosia and the other two as they headed for the elevator, "I don't trust anyone in the pocket of a politician."

"Your record outweighs your age. You have more time to put your abilities to use compared to others who might take twice as many years to match your accomplishments." Ambrosia replied to Diego, she wondered why age even mattered as she glanced at the nervous woman again. That one acted a little oddly, she didn't quite understand the behavior of the nervous female. Shirley sifted through her paperwork, though not looking for any specific thing, it was all she could find on Ambrosia, her curiosity had gotten the better of her, as it always did whens he was presented with something new. She could easily have been a head technologist if she wasn't so disorganized and ditzy, she followed orders well enough and gizmo overlooked her bad quirks, so she was comfortable working under him, besides he always had fascinating ideas to share and part of her enjoyed bringing those ideas to life.

Ambrosia stared at Gizmo when he presented the question and she gave him an odd look,
"How do I.. Like it..?" She seemed stuck on that for a moment as she then looked ahead of herself, "There is no preference. I am used to locations such as this." Although she didn't say out loud that she felt comfortable in a military base as she followed them to the second elevator,
"Y-you dont.. M-miss home or.. Something?" Shirley asked, briefly glancing at the picture of a nice little home, perfect picket fence, a clean cut garden. Ambrosia looked back at her, again seeming a little confused,
"I'm supposed to?"
Shirley stared back, then gave Gizmo the exact some glance he'd given her as she closed the files again,
"W-well.. I h-have a grandmother that m-my big sister takes care of.. And we have a big black Labrador named Tommy.. I miss them? You don't miss your family?"
Ambrosia continued to stare at her for a moment as if processing it before she simply looked forward,
"No." It was a simple response, but it sent chills up Shirley's spine, she felt that if she tried to talk more to this woman she'd only get creepier seeming, "Do you have any simulators for the current existing units?" Ambrosia went on to ask, "I run simulations in order to familiarize myself with the capabilities of other units during my-" She seemed to hesitate to find the words before continuing, "-down time."