View Single Post
Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurker

Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 AM

"Glendyne Industries' Stock Prices Plummet. Gabriel Glendyne's Forest Fixation Fails Investors. Vincent Glendyne Unites Construction Sea to Shining Sea."

Nathaniel Grey, Vice President of Glendyne Industries, read off the headlines of each newspaper that he had been given by the President of Public Relations, each with increasing disdain as he paced around the meeting room.

"What we have here is a nightmare of both PR and business," he announced, "ever since we began the Icathica Housing Project we have been losing more and more of our profits trying to penetrate the forest's land."

"And not only that, but Vincent has been slinging our name through the mud!" one of the other board members protested.

"I think you mean Mr. Glendyne sir."

"Oh to hell with the formalities Jane!" the Vice President exclaimed, "what we need right now is a way to minimize our losses."

"Well with the way Mr. Glendyne has been cornering us we might have to have Mr. Glendyne er Gabriel resign unless we want to look bull-headed." Jane said, almost whispering.

"That's your job isn't it?"

Many of the other board members clamored in agreement, only to be silenced by the Vice President.

"I agree with you Lawrence, but Jane brings up a good point," "a housing project is noble, but we have investors to appease and it isn't simply a matter of garnering support from the poor."

Again, the other board members agreed.

"So, all in favor of resigning raise your hand."

Many raised their hands while three out of ten did not.

"Like I said, Vincent is just dragging our name through the mud. You aren't giving Gabriel a fair chance."

"We've given him plenty of chances and it's always been Vincent saving him every time that he's screwed up!"

"We or you Jane? Lawrence asked, leaning back, "you're letting your emotions blind you."

The older man stood, approaching the front of the room and turning to the entirety of the board.

"I know how everyone feels, but let me remind you that the I have worked with Glendyne Industries from its inception until now when I am well into my retirement years. I have seen great leaders, terrible leaders, and good leaders. We need to give Gabriel one more chance to save this company like he did fifteen years before."

"Very well said," the Vice President nodded, "but how does everyone else feel?"

After fifteen more minutes of deliberation the door opened and Jane gestured (perhaps a bit grudgingly) for Gabriel to enter the meeting room.