View Single Post
Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurker

Old 12-26-2014, 08:54 PM

"I'll try, but no promises," she said.

From Gabriel's side, there might have been the sound of some distant yelling (mainly from Sindy's side), but even so it didn't stop those two from continuing to shout.

"Ron, there's a call for you from Gabe! He says it's serious!"

"Tell him I'm in a meeting!"

"I already told you it's serious!"

"Well tell that brat that I don't revolve around what he thinks is and isn't serious!"

The secretary sighed and phone as the Lannister walked back into his office.

"I am really sorry, but it should only be a minute."

Sindy waited perhaps fifteen minutes before taking Gabriel off hold. It seemed that Ron cared little for the nonexistent bonus he was going to receive.

"What is it Gabriel? I understand that it is imperative that you win these little slap fights with your family but I was in a very, very important meeting," he asked, voice thick with condescension.

He was sitting at his desk now, pouring himself a cup of coffee (black as was custom for private detectives) while his phone was between his shoulder and his ear. The Lannister kept everything between clients and himself in order to ensure the privacy of every case (as well as prevent rats from getting into the system).

"Mm no Sindy this won't do," he spat, "make a new one. This pot turned cold."

"Well sir, if you used a machine instead of insisting on a French Press..."

"Sindy you are a secretary not a chef. You don't get to criticize my coffee-making habits."

"Well don't blame me if you find coffee grounds at the bottom of your cup then."

She rolled her eyes and left the room while Ronald pored over the case files. As it was, their investigation of the missing child in the Glades was heading nowhere. All he had gathered from the meeting and his informants was that the girl, teenager really, had been a Wiccan who had blown all her money to learn magic (as if that existed). Her parents, in their anger, drove her to run away so now she was gone. The Glades seemed like the only lead, but who in their right mind would go in there?