View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-26-2016, 12:38 AM

Elias smiled as he pushed open the back door, carrying the two teacups. It was a real smile, something strange and full of energy and amusement that he let out only as he turned his back. He smiled every day, but it didn't often go that deep. Only sometimes did a child bring out such a smile in him, and even then, it was a newer phenomenon. For so long now, actual happiness felt too distant. And yet, Barrett brought it out so naturally with just one little comment like that. "I think you are a very rare breed indeed," he murmured before letting the door close behind him. He stood there, fully comprehending his smile in the solitude, and then Barrett's words. No doubt that kid was strange. Interested in the abandoned things? It struck Elias that he was one of those things, those people. Though he knew it, it was strange to hear from another when so few realized or verbalized it about him.

Filling the teacups again, he returned with his usual soft smile in place. "Honestly, of the two of us, I think it's you that's far more interesting. Those habits of yours must get you into all sorts of trouble. You have a rebel soul." He sighed. "Reminds me of someone I know..."