Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-03-2017, 07:25 AM

Am I still in time?
Show Me The Shorty!
Username: Car'a'Carn
Entry:(I Went over... It's actually 368 words )
The gasper dangles from her pretty red lips. What a dish. One of those nights yer glad you stayed late to dip the bill. I lean back in my chair, shaking a gasper outta my deck. Empty.

“Spare a butt gorgeous?” The blinds make hard shadows across her features. Her dress sparkles, catching the light. She takes a pull, then passes it to me. Lipstick stains an’ all.

It’s sweet. The smoke pours down my throat like cheap Bourbon. It does the job.

“You gonna help? Or you gonna pull on those butts all night, drownin’ in corn?” She stands there staring at me, hands on her hips, leanin’ forwards on gams that won’t stop. A real pro skirt.

“Long as you got the scratch doll” I nibble one while I wait. It burns, but I like it that way.

“Youse dicks are all the same ain’t youse?” She tosses a wad o’ dough in my lap. It’s heavy. Ought’a be ‘nuf.

“Listen doll, I ain’t no sap... But I’ll take a pipe at yer case.”

“Name’s Shae, Flattie” Then she gave me the dust.

Can’t finger it… But there’s something fishy wit’ this girl. Wit’ the whole. I grab my Flogger, holster my heat. Time to ankle over to the Clip joint.

It ain’t a long walk. Bruno stops me at the door but I flash ‘em the butt of my colt an’ He lets me in.

I glance at the canary on stage an’ freeze. Lin? What’s she doin’ here? Our eyes meet. My best moll, an’ she ain’t smiling... Something hinky here.

There’s the bossman with the big alderman. … And Shae. I head over.

“Well this ain’t what I expected Shae...”

“Never is, is it Flattie?” Shae Smirks.

A hatchet man reaches for his roscoe but I beat him to the pull “Grab air!”

“Chase! Watch out!” The music’s stopped. I turn an’ look at Lin. Movement. I’m just in time to pipe the hatchet man burn powder. The slug burns across my conk... How, how did I get to my knees? My… My colt… ... It’s sticky. The blood. Pouring down my pan. Shae is… Above me?

“You… You played me for a chump…”

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 11-03-2017 at 07:28 AM..