View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-25-2024, 12:48 AM

I did find a new kitty, his name is Dusty. He's an orange tabby. Eventually I'll try and put up some pictures for you guys. He's a handful. About a year and a half and gets into just about everything he isn't suppose to. The other day I found him on my countertop, with the top cupboard open, grabbing cups and throwing them on the floor just to hear them crash. I also have the inability to eat in peace because he keeps trying to steal food right off my plate. He climbs right into my lap and tries to grab the plate in my hands. He always acts like I'm starving him. He got yelled at earlier, which I try not to do but I don't know what else to do sometimes, which triggered his over stimulated stress response which is to bite. Enough to hurt but not enough to draw blood. I didn't get mad at him but I did lock him in his room to let him settle down for a bit after that. My arm looks like it went through a battle. I think all of this is just the stress, he's still young and he's only been here 2 weeks. So I'm not angry, just exhausted. I didn't adopt a cat, I adopted a toddler

Other then that, he's pretty cuddly, never misses his litterbox and is very playful. He had some stomach issues, but I started feeding him a bit of canned pumpkin in his food and it has seemed to sort itself out.