View Single Post
serafim_azriel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-22-2008, 07:27 AM

(Again, original characters, same girl as before, actually. This one will be 200 instead of 100, I think I'm going to switch off.)

Alyse frowned, looking at her back in the mirror, the tattoo that was writ there was glimmering slightly in the candlelight. She knew what it said, but that didn't bring her any closer to knowing what it meant. There was a knock at the door, she jumped to cover herself up as it opened and Cain slipped in, looking concerned.

"Alyse?" He sought tentatively as she pulled away into the shadows.

"My mother always told me she'd tell me what it meant when I had kids... That's never going to happen." She paused, considering him for a moment, "Why are you even here?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped and sat down, shaking his head.

"I'm not really sure, I mean my-" He stopped, then seemed to change his mind. "All I know is I was there when your family got killed. I mean, I'm not a religious man, but it was damn lucky that I had chosen that night. I'd picked you about a week before, and I never wait that long before going for a mark."

She stared at him in disbelief, he had sounded like he had started to say something else instead.