Katrine
Princess of Sunlight and Midnigh...

Old 07-10-2010, 06:13 AM

She stood at the top of a cliff, staring out into the endless sand of the desert. She marveled at it's beauty in the dead of night, with the moon a gold coin floating across the diamond-studded sky. Her dark hair blew in the breeze, and she wondered why she wasn't cold. After all, she reasoned, the desert is usually freezing at midnight... She looked down and noticed that she was bare foot, and covered in henna tattoos.

"Cala." Her head turned before she realized that that wasn't her name.

"That isn't-"

"Cala, my darling, please, I cannot let you run away to join the Temple. I love you too much." She turned and glared at him and began to speak again.

"My name is no longer Cala." She said, and frowned. That's not what was supposed to come out... "Say it."

He sighed, saddened. "Archana."

"Correct. The Worshiping one. I am no longer the girl you knew." She said softly, and stood on her toes to kiss his forehead. "Walk the path you were born on, Anshu. I will no longer walk with you." As she puzzled about why she was saying these things, he grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her in tight.

"I will not forget you so quickly, my Cala." He whispered, and leaned down to kiss her. Just as his lips had almost touched hers--

-x-

"ADABELLA RENEE, WAKE UP!! YOU'LL BE LATE FOR CLASS!!" I jumped and fell out of bed.

"I really wish she would stop doing that..." I murmured. I dressed and went to class.