Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 AM

Jay Pearson sat on the pedestal a statue of some famous person stood on, smoking. This was probably a really nice area at some point. The shops along the street were mostly empty and the park gave off a feeling of darkness even during the day. That didn't mean the area was empty though. This was Pirate territory, a gang formed by a local bad boy. Now the bad boy was a scary man, but relatively fair as gangsters went. He had to admit, it wasn't so bad to answer to him.

Jay chuckled to himself as he thought, pulling his customary cap further down. He was just outside for a smoke, but damn this sun was hot. He should go see what Kenny wanted rather than sitting out here all day. His skin was too pale for this sun and no matter how much sunscreen he used, he always seemed to burn. Someone once told him that he was albino, but he didn't know for sure. His hair was kinda yellowish if you looked at it right. It was probably because he was strange that he ended up in a gang...or something like that. Letting out a long sigh, he jumped down and headed for the convenience store around the corner.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-17-2012 at 10:38 PM..

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM

Kitten walked through the convenience store looking at what was available. She wasn't sure what to really buy. Finally picking out mints and a sprite, she felt she had something worth holding for awhile. It would have to do. She didn't exactly come down here armed with a lot of money. She had rented a small apartment around the block and gotten groceries for it last night. Not much. Bread, milk, cereal, and some fruit. This tight budget stuff was going to take some adjusting to. She had spent all morning looking for a job around here and so far no takers. She was hoping for better luck this afternoon or she would be in a tight corner. Perhaps the library wanted a secretary or something.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 AM

Jay stepped into the convenience store, whistling a tune under his breath. The owner of the store looked at him warily and Jay smirked. The skull earring in his left ear let the world know that he was a part of the gang and he enjoyed the power it gave him. It was so much better than the weird looks classmates would give him in grade school.

Surprisingly, Jay saw someone in the store he didn't recognize. A new face? He sauntered over to her, grinning all the while. "Hey kitty," he called out in his usual way. So what if he called to girls like cats? Both were cute. "Are ya new 'round here?"

maidenroseheart

Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 AM

She blinked over at him and tilted her head, "Kitten." With that she headed to the cash register. It was a warm day out and as much as the cold milk felt good to the skin on her arm, there was a thing as too cold and she wanted to put it down. Strange that he knew her name, even if he did mess it up a little.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM

Jay tilted his head and gave the woman a strange look. "Excuse me?" he asked, trailing after her to the register. "Kitten? Are you saying you want me to call you that?" He smiled a bit at that. Kitten worked too, not much different than Kitty after all. "If so, that would totally make my day." He ended with a smirk.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 AM

She placed the items on the counter and turned to give him an annoyed look. "You messed up. My name is not kitty. It is Kitten. Kitten O'Brian. She pulled out a ten to cover the groceries that the befuddled cashier was placing in a plastic bag for her. "Thank you sir." She took the bag and looked over at Jay. "You seem to know my name, but I don't believe I know yours. You are?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Jay just stared at the woman, mouth slightly open. This sort of shock wasn't something he felt often either. "Your name is actually kitten?" That was the first surprising thing, the second was how easily she talked to him. She really must not be from around here and a bit oblivious if she didn't notice he was the dangerous sort. "Okay, sure. I'm Jay. Where are you from?"

maidenroseheart

Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 AM

She fought to not break into a grin and gave up. Smiling, she shook her head. "Yes, Kitten is my name. I'm from the country. Lived in a small rural community. Not used to being in such a big place. Needed a job though so moved into the neighborhood and been looking around. The only thing I have been able to find though is a worn out grocery store full of uncertain cashiers and curious men, such as yourself. How about you? You from these parts" She had the attitude of a carefree person who just had things to do but willing to have a fun time getting those things done.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 AM

So she was from the country, Jay mused. That would explain why she was so clueless. "Yeah, I'm from 'round here. Born, raised, and now working in this neighborhood," he said, though he didn't say what he work was. If she didn't know he was a gangster, then he didn't need to spell it out right now. "Chances are you won't find a job unless you go into the city proper."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM

She shook her head. Walking up the sidewalk to the beat up apartment complex, she sighed. It wasn't what she had imagined living in when she came here. Times got tough and she explained that to Jay. "Can't afford to. Have you seen the cost of living there? Don't suppose you know of a job here? I offered to do some baby sitting across the street in the evenings for an hour but that won't pay all the bills." She looked over at him with an open face. An open face and honest eyes that she was born with when raised out in the country. Something she had kept when she went into law enforcement.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 AM

Jay followed the woman out of the store and towards what he expected was her place. He was sure why he was still talking with her, but he had been a bit bored today and he supposed he was just bored enough to follow her around. He had to roll his eyes at what he heard. The cost of living was much high here than in the city, because it was life, not money you would be losing. He decided not to tell her that though.

"Look, there really aren't many legal jobs in this area. Take the bus to the city and work at the burger joint or the car wash or any other thing. That's 'bout the only choice ya got."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 AM

She thought about it and figured it was her only choice. Walking up to her apartment, she unlocked it and headed on in. "Suppose I have no choice do I. Bus it is then. Do you want a glass of lemonade or juice?" She went into the kitchen and set the bag on the counter. She began putting the few things she had gotten away.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-16-2012, 04:18 AM

Jay stood awkwardly just inside the doorway. He adjusted his hat, then readjusted it. The apartment was a small place as was to be expected in the area. It was better than where he grew up though. "Uh, I don't want anything," he responded. "I really should be getting back to my work. Yeah..."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-16-2012, 10:55 AM

She looked over at where he still stood by the door with mild surprise on her face. Oh ok. Don't want you being unemployed like me." She turned and quickly reached into a cabinet. Pulling out a box of cookies, she tossed a package at him. "I know your not a kid. I bought these for those I am babysitting. Just figured we never really outgrow them. Have a great afternoon Jay." She grinned over at him. Though a hot day outside, she still had that eagerness to live life to the fullest. Even under the circumstances of little income.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-16-2012, 06:58 PM

Jay easily caught the package of cookies, but it was entirely out of instinct. He definitely didn't expect to gain food when he followed along with this woman. "Uh, thanks. I'll probably see ya around again at some point. Bye Kitty," he said, for the moment forgetting that he real name was close to his usual nickname. He turned quickly and left the apartment. He was soon heading for the bosses office to report on the going's on of the neighborhood.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-17-2012, 04:58 AM

She narrowed her eyes at the closed door. He was a rough character. She suspected he was most likely in a gang as well. It had been a bad call to be such an airhead around him. It had been downright stupid to let him know where she lived. Yet, his reaction to her and her antics had not been violent. Also, he hadn't pushed her like she expected. Perhaps there was so redeeming qualities in this man after all. Her persona for this job was her easiest to be. It was based on who she actually was before becoming a police officer. Her backstory was also the same. Why she had gone this route she didn't know. Maybe she was just tired of pretending to be someone she really was not.

She spent then next hour going through the newspaper and making phone calls on her land line. No luck. Shrugging it off, she got together a platter of cookies. Putting them in a basket with a pitcher of lemonade, she opened the door to head out. The neighbor across the street would be expecting her. Babysitting was another past time she didn't mind.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-18-2012, 06:21 PM

Jay swung open the door to a bar and headed for the pool tables in the back. "Wassup boss!" he called out. A tall man at the back table grumbled, but otherwise didn't look up from his game. Jay wasn't phased at all and sat down on a stool not far from the pool table. He proceeded to tell everything he'd watched that day from the store owner that was still scared of him and the sandwich place that rather expectantly, or should he say expectantly, closed down. He was just about to get up and leave when he remembered something he should have said from the very start.

"A new girl moved into that apartment complex on Old Grey Street," as he called Greyson st. Finally the boss finished his game and turned to look at Jay.

"Who is she?" the bossman asked. Jay just shrugged. Hell if he should know. "I want you to watch her. Figure out if she's a threat or someone to get money from." Jay of course agreed. He already had her pegged as the type to scare into giving money for living in Pirate territory. And he was pretty sure he wouldn't feel guilty about doing it.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-20-2012, 01:56 AM

She sat and played with the two kids. After a while of play, she gently turned the games into learning games that centered on what they were learning in school. It was so smoothly done that they didn't even notice. She grinned and rewarded them with her cookies and drinks. Then they ran around outside in the yard until their mother showed up. With some pay in hand, Kitten headed back across the street to her apartment. That was all fine and all, but it wasn't enough to pay the bills.

As she was unlocking her door, a lady approached her, "I saw you head over there with snacks and then playing with them in the yard. I was wondering if you could watch my kids as well after them. I am about to go to work and don't like leaving them alone." Kitten smiled back, "Of course. Let me go get some more snacks. Where do you live?" The woman smiled, "Right next door to them. I could hear you helping them with their homework. Perhaps you could do the same for mine. Also two kids. Just two hours instead of one." Kitten knodded in agreement. Looks like her evenings were claimed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 03:56 AM

Jay woke up early the next morning almost exactly when the sun rose, as usual. His eyes were always sensitive to changes in the light, even when they were closed and he didn't have proper curtains in the window across from his bed. He sat up and stared at his dingy apartment. The place was small and dirty. He wasn't a clean person at all. Some of the things inside though were relatively nice, like the chair in the other room. Perks of being in a gang and not being afraid to steal.

He made himself a quick breakfast in his new microwave and headed outside. He had something he wanted to do today and it put a grin on his face. He didn't hurry his walk, since he knew it was still early, but he was deliberate in his walk. He headed right for Kitten's apartment, conveniently only a few streets down from his. Rubbing the last of the crumbs from his hands as the time reached 7:00, he knocked on the door.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Kitten walked up behind Jay and cheerfully said, "Morning sunshine! Your up bright and early. How are you this morning?" She had been out on a morning run and just gotten back. Dressed in a sleeveless T and sweat pants, she had her hair pulled up into a ponytail and was flushed from the run. Though a cool morning, she was slightly sweaty from the exercise, though it didn't dim her happiness to see him or her love of life.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:08 AM

Jay nearly jumped out of his skin when Kitten appeared behind him. "What?" he snapped, before realized who was speaking to him that cheerfully. "Yeah, I'm always up this early..." he muttered. "I was just uh, coming by to ask if you'd like a pet sitting job." He was making this up as he went along. He didn't actually come down here with anything in particular on his mind. He knew he needed to watch this woman and figured he'd come up with a good idea on the way here. "You see, I'm thinkin' of getting me a dog. I can't be around all the time though."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-21-2012, 06:13 AM

Kitten grinned more cheerful and produced a key to her place. Sliding between him and the door, she cheerfully said, "Of course. But can you afford a dog?" she unlocked the door and walked it, then held the door for him to enter. "You do realize they are quite a responsibility don't you?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Jay shrugged. "I do have money actually. That's not an issue at all," he said, walking into Kitten's apartment. "I'm just usually not home half the day. But wouldn't it be nice to have someone there to greet me when I do get home?" A true enough statement. His apartment was damn lonely.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-24-2012, 03:21 AM

She nodded thoughtfully and looked him over with new eyes. That he might be lonely hadn't crossed her mind before. "I wouldn't mind dog sitting at all. Just let me know." She closed the door and headed for the kitchen. Popping a bagel into the toaster, she asked, "So how are you doing this morning? Busy or needing something to pass the time?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 04:45 AM

Jay followed Kitten inside. "I'll let you know then. I'm thinking of going to look at an animal shelter for a dog later today," he said. Yep, not like he had plans. He didn't have any particular mission to do besides keeping an eye on Kitten. Jay may have been loyal, but he was still pretty useless. He scratched his head. "I'm just passing the time right now. I already had my morning walk."