View Poll Results: What is your favourite movie genre?
Horror 5 17.86%
Science Fiction 5 17.86%
Action 4 14.29%
Comedy 4 14.29%
Romance 1 3.57%
Documentary/Fact 0 0%
Drama 1 3.57%
Other [if I forgot something?] 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 06:07 AM

I couldn't stand Buffy, it made me want to gag. Geller is not a good actress. Good story, started out ok. They just wouldn't end it!

Who ISN'T excited about Alice in Wonderland? <3333

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 06:10 AM

I am ridiculously excited about Alice in Wonderland ! I've literally been waiting for it for years, it's so upsetting but it WILL be worth it.
Every day I remember that there are still five months until it comes into theatres.. sigh.. but at least I'm not the only one enduring this torture, lots of my friends are too. And misery does love company.

||Rawr~Suppie||
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2009, 06:11 AM

Oh, yeah... :sweat: Well, I still like the darkness. xD And I did like the rules in Zombie Land, They were pretty awesome. xD

Oh, yeah. Totally psyched. I'm looking forward to The Sisters Grimm movie...I'm not gonna expect too much of it though. It's coming out next December. 8D

Last edited by ||Rawr~Suppie||; 10-24-2009 at 06:13 AM..

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-24-2009, 06:11 AM

There was one season of Buffy I didn't watch. It had some military guy in it is all I remember.

I haven't read Wuthering Heights. Don't know anything about it really.

I'm skeptical about Alice. Could be a success or flop. I didn't like the Corpse Bride and didn't care too much for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I like his movies for the most part but I already see things wrong with it. Like Alice, she's only 7 in the books. Now she's like what, 20? I dunno. My husband is very upset over it. He's what I'd called a true Lewis Carol fan.

Edit: Sweeny Todd was AMAZING!

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-24-2009, 06:15 AM

Yes, it does seem that you have quite a bit to say, Harley Q. But regardless we still insist that you do not double post. If no one has posted after you in a thread, we ask that you edit your first message rather than create a new one. It's okay to double post though if at least five hours has passed and the post is on topic. :)

Now, movie discussion belong in the Media forum. But since this is turning out to be more of a chat thread, i'll be moving this along to the Menewsha Nation forum. ;D

||Rawr~Suppie||
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2009, 06:18 AM

I didn't like Coraline...I thought the book was supposed to be scary(didn't actually read it :sweat: ), but the movies seems kinda Disney. xP Oh, ugh! I am NOT looking forward to The Frog Princess; "A new take on the story", yeah right! E. D. Baker wrote a book that was a lot like that a long time ago!

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 06:22 AM

Coraline was a creepy book and the movie.. wasn't, but it was still really imaginative and interesting, and the animation was different.
I'm looking forward to The Frog Princess, I mean.. she's not the regular Caucasian female.. that's huge ! To me, anyway. It seems like a really big step in the right direction. I'm really against racism and homophobia, things like that.. ^^;

I liked Corpse Bride but not as much as The Nightmare Before Christmas. Sweeney Todd was great, all the singing was brilliant, I was so impressed with it when it first came out. I have all the songs on my iPod, I just love musicals. Phantom of the Opera too, with Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler, such a wonderful film..

Heh.. I've been edited..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-24-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Q View Post
Edit: computer is lagging and posted the same thing twice. Accidentally. How do I delete it? :s
Click on the '!' button in your post and report it, a staff will come along to delete it for you. :yes:

RinaRoad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2009, 07:39 PM

The new Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant was better than I thought it'd be...much better!

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 AM

I just saw Vampires Assistant today, I loved it <3 Another movie I saw recently that I found pretty good was Bandslam. I also saw Couples Retreat...wasn't that great. It was kinda funny, but not the best.

Kayxx
I thought what I'd do was, I'd p...
Send a message via MSN to Kayxx

Old 10-25-2009, 07:02 AM

I haven't seen many new movies lately, just The Dark Knight (new to me) and Transformers two (could have been better). I watched the Dark knight three times in a row, and concluded that the Joker is the only character who is truly interesting. (except Lucius and Alfred) I'm excited (or what qualified as excited for me) for Alice in wonderland too. I probably won't drag my butt out of the house to see it though. Movie tickets are expensive.

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2009, 07:15 AM

I watched another trailer for The Fourth Kind today, I seriously can't wait for that movie to come out. Has anyone seen the newer Depp movie, Public Enemies or something like that? About John Dillinger? I was thinking of seeing it...not too sure about it though.

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 AM

The Joker was really, really great in The Dark Knight. It's a unanimous opinion that he stole the movie from Batman, and he did it in style. :cool:
I'm surprised that you two liked Cirque du Freak, from the commercials I'm hesitant about it but I will see it eventually. I hope I like it as much as you two do.
I saw Public Enemies last week and, despite the good cast [especially Johnny Depp] I found it a bit boring. I had been expecting better.

Oh, and I would [and will] go see Alice in Wonderland in theatres because it's being done in IMAX 3D. I've never seen a movie in 3D and I haven't seen an IMAX movie since I was little, so I'm unbelievably excited for March fifth.

Last edited by Harley Q; 10-26-2009 at 02:38 AM..

cloudberry

Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalandriel View Post
I watched another trailer for The Fourth Kind today, I seriously can't wait for that movie to come out. Has anyone seen the newer Depp movie, Public Enemies or something like that? About John Dillinger? I was thinking of seeing it...not too sure about it though.
It was okay, nothing spectacular in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Q View Post
I'm surprised that you two liked Cirque du Freak, from the commercials I'm hesitant about it but I will see it eventually. I hope I like it as much as you two do.
I felt the same way until I found out that Willem Dafoe is in it, now I'll definitely be seeing it. Most of his movies that I've watched have been interesting. Like Boondock Saints. Awesome movie. :)

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 10-26-2009 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: double posted

Violet_Beauregarde91
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2009, 02:39 PM

Has anyone seen Monsters vs. Aliens? I looked at the commercial and it looked stupid, but my sister went to see it and she found it funny. Later, we watched it as a family and we were all cracking up. It's one of those movies where everyone would find something to laugh at.

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2009, 05:35 PM

I really liked Monsters vs Aliens, it's got a great plot, lots of jokes, and HOUSE [as a cockroach].
And I can't wait until Fourth Kind comes out, I might even see it in theatres, with some easily scared friends. Heh.

Violet_Beauregarde91
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-27-2009, 03:53 PM

I wonder what that movie's like. Obviously horror, I know that.
Has anyone seen any of the Harry Potter movies?

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 AM

If you want to take a look at The Fourth Kind you can find the trailer on YouTube. And actually we were talking about Harry Potter a couple pages back. Are you a fan of the movies and the books?

RinaRoad
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-30-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalandriel View Post
I just saw Vampires Assistant today, I loved it <3 Another movie I saw recently that I found pretty good was Bandslam. I also saw Couples Retreat...wasn't that great. It was kinda funny, but not the best.
It's rlly good!

Suzhi Mix
Master of Leprechauns
Send a message via MSN to Suzhi Mix

Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 PM

heya! just a random question, has anyone seen children of men?? I remember seeing that a couple of years ago, and it really got me thinking about the structure of our society..

cowboy77831
Send a message via Yahoo to cowboy77831

Old 10-31-2009, 04:39 AM

i am right now watching fast & furious and i want to see stick it i am hoping that payday i can get it and transformers two i have an account on gaia and they are having a war on there jack has brought two gaia gods back to life one is call sin and the other is called boo and i have not logged on since i seen that somethings on there i just dont like doing but i would like to see it go back to the old gaia easy to find things and get money i need to stay more intouch with this stuff insted of being out on the hi-ways and traveling from state to state in a truck because i have lost track of what is going on in gaia and when i got back home i found out that i lost my cousin that i am so close to me and here were like two peas in a pod if something was bugging one of us the other would come and sit next to the other and talk it out and try to get it fixed

EmptyMind
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2009, 01:23 PM

I was thinking of the movie Millennium Man the other day. I really want to re-watch this movie to see what my reaction to the film is now that I am older.

I remember being amazed by it even when I was younger.

gloomythebear
i would rather be hated for who ...

Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 PM

my sister is in her room right now watching the little mermaid. i know its an old movie and everything but i kinda like it to. when i was little i liked tarzan alot. haha i remember how my grandma always had to play it a couple times before i would got to sleep every night.

my new favorite movie is...nosforatu!!! its a REALY old movie and it is in german (well its a silent movie but in the beginning you read the story of the guy and all and its in german) but i love the vampire movies nowadays...well exept for twilight...i liked the books but the movies suck...

oh well ^^