View Poll Results: What do you think of me?
You loose at finding things online :P 1 9.09%
I LOVE YOU!!! 4 36.36%
You should stay newd... >_> 4 36.36%
what? 5 45.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Ichinose Nana
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 AM

Hi, I'm new from Gaia and don't quite get how this site works yet. Sooo, total newb questions... Are there no starter clothes or am I just missing the place to find them? And if there are no starter clothes how long do we have to stay naked? I tried earning money in a game and think I got like 2 gold. :( It says you mostly earn money in forums but I don't want to post very much if my avatar is going to be practically nude next to each post :oops:

CandyWife

Old 02-22-2010, 03:20 AM

Ikr! I just started like a week ago and just got clothes today. There are no starters stuffs. But the games here are addictive. I was almost late for work yesterday!

Beliar
*^_^*

Old 02-22-2010, 03:23 AM

Well first off...Welcome to Menewsha! I came here from gaia myself and like it here a lot better. What kind of things are you into?
As for being near-naked, everyone starts that way. There are no starter clothes but thats okay. Its odd posting like that but, hey, I started that way too. =3

CandyWife

Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 AM

Oh yeah and welcome...heh heh...

Infinitys Echo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 AM

Hello, Nana! Great to see and "meet" you! No, there are no starter clothes here. Have you tried all the games to see if one of them may be easier for you? Other than games, posting is how you earn. The more you post, the more gold you earn. You can earn up to twenty gold per post. Remember to spell everything out, as it helps to lengthen the post. You'll soon have clothes. Don't feel so bad, we all started out naked :lol:!

Sinziana
Trelao. Seke. Verin.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:27 AM

Welcome to Menewsha! Yes, there are some starters of sorts, but they aren't the 2 gold they are on Gaia. If you look in Shops -> 52, that's where all the cheapest basic clothing items are, that I've come across in my time here. I'm still relatively new, but there are things you can do.

First off, games are good if you get further in them, Fangirls is the easiest to get gold in for most people. The better your score the more gold you'll get. I.e. I get about 100g from a game of Fangirls, so just 5 a day gives me the max.

Otherwise posting really is your best option. The more you write in a single post the more gold you'll get. I believe the cap is at 20g, but I see things here and there that you can get more. I'm not sure I believe that.

I tend to post in the debates section or life issues, etc. It's a lot easier to rant on an idea in those areas and therefore get more gold for your posts. Another thing you can do is RP, if you like it. So long as you are 1) making long posts and 2) making many posts, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting gold. It's a little slow at first but it really catches on.

As for the almost nudity. I know it's a little shameful, but we've all had to go through it. I kinda like the idea as a community. If we all have to suffer the same humiliations it tends to bring people together more. So never fear! For clothes are near! If it's really bothersome, I'd suggest taking a stroll through the shops and see if you can't find a modest one-piece basic outfit to start off with.

Starpana
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Starpana

Old 02-22-2010, 03:28 AM

i manged to get clothes on the first day by playing "attack of the fan girls" if you play good you can get max 100gold, so i would say play that about 5 times and you will have enough for some cheap clothes

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 02-22-2010, 03:33 AM

As the others have already said, everyone else has also gone through being naked when they first started posting, and believe me, people are not stuck up about clothes here either - they will welcome users no matter what (or how much) they are wearing! So don't be shy about posting. The Hot Gossip shop also has a Ragged Shirt that is a starter item of sorts - only 30g. So that would cover you up while you save for something a little more.. elegant. :)

Ichinose Nana
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2010, 03:35 AM

Thank you all for posting!
CandyWife: I love your name. Flapjack wins!
Beliar: I like anime and manga and I go to cosplay conventions usually twice a year. I am also obsessed with other tv and internet related things. I was an art major in college but am struggling with career efforts (in the 4 months since I've finished). I listen to metal, rock and random Japanese pop sometimes.
Kairi: Thanks for the donation :3
Infinitys Echo: Thanks for the encouragement!

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 02-22-2010, 03:38 AM

Welcome to Mene! :D To answer you're questions, no, there isn't any starter clothes. However, if you don't feel comfortable with having your avatar naked there is the shirt and body piece my avatar is wearing for 30 gold at Hot Gossip. That can help cover the nudity until you've earned enough gold for a piece of clothing you'd like. =]

If you'd like to earn gold a bit faster, I'd suggest playing Tetris on a low level until you get use to it. You can earn up to 50g each play, so it's well worth it. I've heard people suggesting Attack of the Fangirls as well, but I haven't played that enough to know one way or another.

If there's anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask! We were all new once. <3

On a less greet-y note, you mentioned that you like anime and manga, as well as attend conventions. What sort of anime and manga do you like, if I may ask? =3

Ichinose Nana
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathrine View Post
Welcome to Mene! :D To answer you're questions, no, there isn't any starter clothes. However, if you don't feel comfortable with having your avatar naked there is the shirt and body piece my avatar is wearing for 30 gold at Hot Gossip. That can help cover the nudity until you've earned enough gold for a piece of clothing you'd like. =]

On a less greet-y note, you mentioned that you like anime and manga, as well as attend conventions. What sort of anime and manga do you like, if I may ask? =3
Recently I've been reading xxxHolic (I'm on #11) and just watched the entire series of Nana and Gost Hunt. I also really like Kino's Journey (the anime, I haven't read the manga), Fruits Basket (also anime, though am considering reading the series soon), Samurai Champloo, and many other awesome things- not going to list too much ;).

Lathrine

Old 02-22-2010, 03:47 AM

Ooo, I've heard a lot of good things about xxxHolic. o: Watched a few episodes of it, but I haven't read any of it yet. I've also heard of Nana in passing, but never had a chance to see or read it. What's it about?

Chryssta
Forgotten Member of society

Old 02-22-2010, 03:53 AM

Hiya!

Yeah, the nekkie thing sucked... I played a lot of Asteroids and Attack of the Fan Girls to get my gold flowing.

If you Role Play, might I suggest you check out the RP forum. Making 20g posts is a great way to get gold fast. It's easy to forget how many posts you've done... >_<

Infinitys Echo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-22-2010, 03:55 AM

You're more than welcome, Nana.

Ichinose Nana
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2010, 03:58 AM

I watched one episode of Nana having no clue what it was and then was instantly addicted! They only ever made one season though. It's a drama about these two girls named Nana and their different relationships. They are roomates who both have just moved to Tokyo- one is trying to make it as a musician and the other moved to Tokyo to catch up with her friends from art school. It's really sad sometimes though and I got all teary T_T

Lathrine

Old 02-22-2010, 04:00 AM

Ohh, sounds interesting! o: I'll have to look it up when I have the time.

Ichinose Nana
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2010, 04:04 AM

HAHA NO LONGER NUDE!

Lathrine

Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 AM

Woohoo! 8D

You're a lot faster at the whole getting un-nude thing then I was. :XD

Ichinose Nana
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2010, 04:17 AM

I played tetris, got a 15 gold donation and I guess the posting on this helped X3

Lathrine

Old 02-22-2010, 04:27 AM

See, I didn't learn about the games until my second day here. :drool: They make a world of difference. :'D

Infinitys Echo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-22-2010, 05:17 AM

You're doing really good, Nana! You deserve something nice!