Bon-J
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2010, 11:28 PM

I would, but EVERYONE I tell it too just reject the idea COMPLETELY. Why is that? What do you think ;;

Are naked cats good or bad?

And aren't they cute with little clothes on? <v<

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 PM

It varies, a furless cat needs more care than a cat with fur on it =3 So, it's understandable if people don't like having them as pets since they need special cares than a fur cat needs. ;o

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2010, 12:10 AM

I would totally get a naked cat!! I don't think I would think any different of it, it would probably be odd at first holding it and such. But it would definitely have it's perks. I wouldn't have to clean up any of those awful hair balls, and it wouldn't shed.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 AM

I have three naked dogs. I want a sphinx really badly. They actually are not any more work than a hairy cat. With the dogs, I just have to put sun tan lotion on them when I take them outside and clothes in the winter of course.

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2010, 12:57 AM

They do have more work than a fur cat, yes, I was recently reading about cats xD It's just because they have no fur, so they tend to have more body issues and there was another thing but it slip my mind.

Lacquer
*^_^*

Old 08-12-2010, 01:29 AM

If I were allergic to pet dander, a hairless dog or cat would be the perfect solution for me. Then I'd be able to have my cat and not be dying.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 AM

I think if I did get a hairless cat, like a sphynx I would dress it up in the winter time. Maybe get matching outfits?

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-12-2010, 02:10 AM

I had to baby sit a friend of mine's for a month while she went back home. The only difference between it and a furred cat is that I had to give her baths once a week to every week and a half because she did tend to get dirty faster and the oils kind of build up on the skin if you don't and then they feel nasty.

I brush my hairy cats for an hour daily and trim toenails and clean ears once a week so really bathing the cat is the only thing I did not do with my furry cats that I had to do with her. I bathe my other cats whenever they look like they need it which is every few weeks. So my furry cats are a lot more work. I guess if you have a short hair cat that only needs brushing every few days they would be more work. I have a mine coon and Himalayan though and their hair is crazy and knots up if I don't brush it so they're quite high maintenance.

Allergies are another common problem with them because the hairless gene weakens the immune system more than a normal cat. That doesn't mean they get sick easy but they are more prone to skin issues.

EDIT: That "matching outfit" comment reminded me of my mom. She has matching outfits for her and her hairless dog. XD

Last edited by Mystic; 08-12-2010 at 02:13 AM..

iiToxicRainbow
Im not always what i seem
Send a message via MSN to iiToxicRainbow

Old 08-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Maybe people think they look kinda ugly without their fur? I know my mum thinks so :/
It would be so cute having like matching outfits for it x3
It may be a lil more work to look after it but still it'll be worth if and their great if your like alergic to pet dander or somthing like that ^^

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 PM

I am one of those who think hairless cats and dogs are ugly. And people I know IRL have always thought dressing up cats and dogs is stupid.

JoJoSkitz
The Casual Observer
Send a message via MSN to JoJoSkitz

Old 08-12-2010, 11:19 PM

I purposely buy extremely fluffy cats, but I would own one of those Chinese hairless dogs [the powderpuffs or w.e.]

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 AM

I would.
Though, I don't think he/she would want me, because I'd probably name him/her McFluffy Fluffsalot or something akin to that.
And dress him/her in a bunch of fluffy sweaters and take to many pictures. xD

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 08-13-2010, 03:10 AM

Personally, I think naked cats are creepy. Then again, I'm more of a dog person anyways, but if you really want a naked cat, just get one! It's your cat. Nod. XD

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-13-2010, 07:47 AM

I would if I was allergic to cat hair... but you have to admit, they're cute when they're fluffy kittens.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-13-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoSkitz View Post
I purposely buy extremely fluffy cats, but I would own one of those Chinese hairless dogs [the powderpuffs or w.e.]
Powder puffs have a lot of hair. The hairless or hairy-hairless don't have much. I wanted a powderpuff before I ended up with my naked girl, she's my third naked. They're like potato chips, you can't just have one. XD I always though that American hairless terriers were too cute too.