Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 12-31-2009, 03:02 PM

I really enjoyed this comic, I was a bit sad at the ending but overall the comic was pretty darn awesome, I would havbe to say that my favorite characters were NiteOwl and Rorsharsh ( not sure if I spelt his name right... ) I also really loved the whole plot and theme of the comic, it was interesting and sad to see the downfall of each of the superheroes. What did you like about Watchmen?

DJ D4RT
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2010, 05:23 AM

I absolutely love the Watchmen comics, I even really enjoyed the motion comic of it. I've must have read the watchmen 3 times and watched the motion comic at least two times, My favorite chapter by far is Chapter four when Jon goes to Mars and tells his origin story, it really blew my mind. The ending simply left me in awe, seriously I was in awe xD.

I was really disappointed with The Watchmen movie, it had quite a bit potential, however it was rushed too quickly. I think it should have been at least a two part movie, they did miss some major parts of the comic such as the connection most of the characters had with each other, such as the newspaper vendor, Rorsharsh's lawyer, ect. I was also disappointed that they hadn't included the subplot comic, the one in which the kid is reading beside the newspaper vendor.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 01-28-2010, 12:20 AM

Yeah I was a bit disapointed how much they left out in the movie, I can sort of understand why Moore hates his movies, still the movie was pretty good but like you said I felt it was rushed too and they cut out some interesting parts. the thing I liked about the newspaper vendor parts was that they lead up with the plot in a way, it would have been a nice touch to the movie. :/

scarlettisiren

Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 AM

I loved Watchmen. :D

As for the movie, I rather enjoyed it. Casting was fantastic I think. There were a few things that they left out that I'd have liked to see but over all I was okay with it.

As for the comic subplot- I didn't miss it. I hated it in the comic, and with the ending change it was totally unnecessary to the movie. To add it would have made no sense.

Runes
*^_^*

Old 02-24-2010, 03:33 PM

I actually like both the comic and movie. They are both interesting in their own way.

Moore is well... different. He uses a lot of abstract theme in his comics. The octopus is a testimony for that. Watchmen and 300 were not completely butchered like Spirit.

TalkingBackwards
Grim
Send a message via AIM to TalkingBackwards Send a message via MSN to TalkingBackwards

Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 PM

Adore Watchmen the graphic novel. Despise Watchmen the film. Horrible acting, horrible soundtrack, and the whole thing completely missed the whole POINT of Watchmen. *grinds teeth* Favorite characters Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan were butchered, of course. Curse you, Hollywood. Curse yooooou!

Milady Purity
Watch for me as the sky turns go...
Send a message via AIM to Milady Purity

Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 PM

I liked watchmen as well. It was a cool story...

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 07-03-2010, 04:07 PM

I loved both the movie and the graphic novel -- it was a very interesting if brutal story...

Nepenthe
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-08-2010, 12:12 AM

The Watchmen movie made me want to punch Laurie right in the boob. D:<

My favourite was the Comedian. He was fascinating.