AquaMan=FAIL
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FIRST SENTENCE of My Immortal
Hi my name is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that's how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don't know who she is get da hell out of here!).
The infamous "My Immortal", a Harry Potter fanfiction by Tara Gillesbie. It's commonly regarded as not only the worst fanfiction ever written, but the worst piece of writing that humanity has ever had the misfortune of laying its eyes on. Seriously. It was so bad, that fanfiction.net removed it for not being up to their standards! The lovely Tara renamed nearly every character in the Harry Potter series, and turned them all into her own strange version of goth/emo, which she so charmingly calls "goffic". The main character's name is "Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way". It's filled with horrible grammar, spelling, and general story content. However, this is exactly why it's hilarious. It's so horrible, it's awesome.
Just a few of the many examples of what I'm talking about...

Quote:
WARNING: SUM OF DIS CHAPTA IS XTREMLY SCRAY. VIOWER EXCRETION ADVISD.
Quote:
I'm not related to Gerard Way but I wish I was because he's a major fucking hottie.
Quote:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!” It was……………………………………………………Dumbledore!
Quote:
“U c, Enobby,” Dumblydore said, watching the two of us watching the flame. “2 c wht iz n da flmes(HAHA U REVIEWRS FLAMES GEDDIT) u mst find urslf 1st, k?”
Quote:
“I fucking tortured them.” he answered in a statistic way. “They r in Abkhazian now, lol.”
Quote:
I cried sexily
Quote:
I sed stup flaming ok ebony's name is ENOBY nut mary su OK!
Oh, God...I had such a good time making fun of this story. XD And, perhaps, this was "Tara's" intention all along. You see, along with being called the worst fanfiction ever, it's also viewed as the BEST fanfiction ever; it's just that hilarious.

There has been much debate as to whether or not Tara was serious while writing this, or if she was simply the Greatest Troll of All Time. (If she was trolling, then she has earned my respect for her dedication. If not...*shudders*) So, all you Menewshans out there who may have read it, what do you think? Could she have been serious? Or just a very dedicated troll?

* For anyone who hasn't read it, it's been reposted here. ->
My Immortal REPOST Chapter 1, a harry potter fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Last edited by AquaMan=FAIL; 06-18-2011 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: Forgot one of the best quotes...

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 AM

I'm... gobsmacked. Really. How do you even...? I really hope this is a troll, but for some reason, I doubt it. Though I am curious... Why aren't they in uniform? And are there even vampires in the Harry Potter world? (I can't remember.) Not to mention her spelling, grammar and everything else. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

AquaMan=FAIL
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 AM

Yeah, that's the general reaction. Sad, isn't it? ...And yet, I generally laugh. XD It's way easier to make fun of it or say she's a troll than to admit that THIS is what society has come to, you know? Still, the troll thing is possible. She'd have to be the best troll ever, but it's possible. I've always wondered, ever since I read it, if she could possibly have been serious. It seems almost impossible to be that stupid.

No...now that I think about it, I don't think there are vampires in Harry Potter. Huh. Just more to add to the failing-ness?

attoliasthief
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 PM

I-I can't even finish that. It's too awful for a Grammar Nazi like me. I think I'm going to have nightmares. QAQ

There are vampires in Harry Potter; I think they're mentioned in Book Five when everyone's talking about Umbridge and her hate of half-bloods. We just never meet any of them.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 06-11-2011, 04:38 AM

I don't think I'll read the story but from the snippets you provided.....I had to literally laugh out loud.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-12-2011, 12:36 AM

My brain hurt reading those posts.

Whether she meant it to be horrible or not doesn't matter, I know have a headache from that little bit you posted. Translating horrible grammar and spelling does that to me. And I do mean translating. Text speak should only be in fanfiction if they're on a messenger, texting, and limited use on forums.

Azriellia
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 AM

I think she was just trolling, because if you think you want to say sadistic, you're not going to spell statistic. Just because it rhymes....no. She has to be the best at deceiving or at least great at joking around. Also who has a beta and skips over such nonsense. Disgusting if she was serious.

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 AM

i read that thing, and laughed for 10 minutes, about a year ago actually. one of my friends at the local college re-uploaded it. i've resorted to referencing terrible writers to her writing. its hilarious.

i hope she's a troll but i severely doubt it. maybe she's dyslexic? maybe, maybe not. but there is a girl at my school who thinks 'proposing', like marriage, is spelled 'purposing'

LilyRose
Crazy Rat

Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Okay, the snippets you posted were funny, but when I went and read the thing my eyes started to bleed. No, really, see that's blood on my keyboard, DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID TO ME!!! I hope to whatever God is out there that she's a troll.

I have one question though why would Good Charlotte, a mortal band, be in Hogsmade?

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 PM

thats also a funny point... XD why would dumbledore yell out curse words? XD

LilyRose
Crazy Rat

Old 06-14-2011, 12:09 AM

Touche, Dumbledore would never swear, unless he was in a crackfic but even most of those aren't as bad as that thing, Tara made.....

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 AM

i just reread the OP and oh my jesus. i laughed so hard:
Quote:
i cried sexily
lmfao

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-14-2011, 04:26 AM

There are so many stupid things like that, it's insane.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-14-2011, 11:35 PM

....... I'm dumbfounded.... I seriously hope to whatever higher power(s) there are that she is just trolling!

AquaMan=FAIL
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-18-2011, 06:22 AM

XD Well, I'm very sorry, LilyRose. Perhaps I should post a warning... "WARNING: Before clicking the link, make sure you have insurance. Things could get ugly."

I have no idea why Good Charlotte would be there...Oh my gosh, that's such a fail. XD It's almost as bad as Dumbledore cussing. I literally laughed out loud imagining Dumbledore say anything even remotely close to that. It got funnier; in the next chapter, she tried to defend it by saying that Dumbledore had a headache. A headache! I'm tempted to add that to the examples...

Sheesh, everyone seems to be dumbfounded. I'm a bit surprised, actually. I mean, it's horrible and everything, I just would have expected more of you to have heard of it. It's very (in)famous. XD

EDIT: Oh my God, oh my God, how did I miss THIS one!? *goes to edit OP..*

Last edited by AquaMan=FAIL; 06-18-2011 at 06:36 AM..

flicky1991
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-19-2011, 02:16 PM

I'm convinced it was almost certainly a troll - and simultaneously the best thing written in the history of mankind, just because of how well-thought-out the crappiness of it seems to be. And if it's not a troll, then people like this actually exist, which is the scariest thing in the history of mankind.

SuicidexBaka

Old 06-29-2011, 04:07 AM

I only read about six minutes worth of it, but I forced my sister to read it all. Poor girl could hardly stand it. I don't know, maybe she was being serious at first but as she grew more popular she was just enjoying and decided to with the flow. I mean it's hard to really believe that she would go through all the hate and not be a troll ya know?

yoruichi222

Old 07-03-2011, 09:49 PM

Yeah I think that it IS pretty bad......:vicky:

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 PM

O.o <- perfectly describes my face while I ATTEMPTED to read it. I had to stop reading it, I lost the plotline. What little amount there was. Either this is absoulute genuis satire, or pure insanity... I mean, there arent words to describe how bad that fanfiction was. It wasn't even ABOUT Harry Potter, that was just a place to project her mary sue characters. I think I'm going to cry now.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 AM

I read it a while back. I was sure she was a troll. I mean, I feel bad for her if she wasn't. At some parts of the story it seems like she's just trying to make it bad which makes it funny at the same time.

Seradinea
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-15-2011, 07:41 AM

Seems like the writer does not know plan English lol ;p

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-16-2011, 11:42 PM

actually it may be the worst worded one and the idea is horrible but I know of THE WORST FANFICTION EVER CREATED. go read cloud mows the lawn GOD its horrible I am serious

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 AM

Oh my goodness. That is mine and my friends favorite fanfiction EVER. X'D It is bloody hilarious, though I was completely tortured in the beginning! I completely hated it and it just made me sick, but after playing the drinking game to it I started to calm down and such. XD Of course we had to put it to drink every two paragraphs otherwise we'd get sick, and from drinking just soda! Haha! XD

That's funny though, that someone mentioned it! (:

I think she was dead serious, haha!

Last edited by Ana_M; 07-17-2011 at 03:55 AM..

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-17-2011, 06:59 PM

yeah the girl who wrote my immortal was serious it was no troll she was doing an actual fanfiction with horrible grammar she was probably like 10 years old or something lolol.

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-17-2011, 07:16 PM

I've always wanted to read this! *bookmarks for later*