xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 AM

I like the design,...
but your shading... needs more blending. If I am not mistaken, your cloth would be normal cotton type, the lightest shade shouldn't be so bright. Darken it, then it would look better.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 02-15-2012, 05:14 PM

I know, It was late when I did the shading. So I know about the bright part needs darkening.
I just needed some tips on the blending part. :lol: I couldn't get a nice blue palette going on. >.<
Welp, that was try number 223.. so onto try number 12332... Lol.
Thanks though, xu. :3

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 PM

What numbers are those?

You can try pulling colour out from Mene's pixels.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM

Yeah I tried doing that last night, but probably wasn't the best time to start. Haha.

Silvern Strings

Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM

( Just posting this so I remember later. )
When I replace or find my tablet pen, I would like to try my hand at Mene's style of avatar and pixel some items~

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-19-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
@Iku
Bleh, you're like Chuck Norris. Always with an answer to the silly things I say. :B

Liztress:

Opinion please, Ma Chérie! =3
Welcome back! That's lovely! What useful crits can I give, from my not-working brain :sweat:

It looks like a thick woolen robe, is that the intention? I personally would try something (no idea what xD) different for the cuffs. As the current plain deep seam seems very, well, plain xD. The side of the wrap that goes underneath looks like it's in peril of flashing bits you'd rather keep covered up as it goes up the centre of the left leg, it needs to go diagonally across, underneath the top fold. At an angle so it looklike it's meeting up with the top part of the underneath bit.

I don't have the technical know-how to even know what it is that makes the shadinglook different to ours, but it doesn't look very different. I'd wear this in RL, as long as there was good coverage at the front :ninja:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozalyne View Post

I'll just leave this here...
It's nothing fancy, I just wanted to do something basic for now.

What are your guys' opinions?
That's a nice shape :yes: I'd say ignore the shading for now, and work on the shape. I think the first thing for you to work on could be the part where it goes over the shoulder, as at the moment it doesn't actually go over the shoulder. That bit and the draped fabric, as right now it looks a bit stiff, and potentially could flash the avatar's bra out of the top of it.

This is what I can spend hours doing. Move a pixel/zoom out to check/zoom in and move/change another one/zoom out to check etc. etc. :lol:

The only thing I like about Vista is that you can mouse over the mini version on photoshop on the task bar and see a smaller version of what you're doing :lol:

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 AM

So I finally decided to try some more pixeling. I know that I need work with the shading. xD I tried to use the top section of the Starry skirts to get the top part of this skirt. And I wants the ruffles to be like the organza items we have on here. :oops: But other than change the opacity of the layer I did the ruffles on, I wouldn't know how to do so.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-21-2012, 01:52 AM

I HAVE A SUBMISSION!
Preferred name:Desi

Would you like to be an artist for mene? Why?
I would like to be a pixel artist on menewsha. It has always been a dream of mine to be a pixel artist on an avatar site. It is actually the reason I got into Pixel art. I have been a pixel artist for six years now. I started when my friend from Roliana her birthday was coming up(as well as she was going in for surgery) So then I was determined to be a good pixel artist and ever since then I have been doing pixel art. It has been on and off though since when I first started off I was struggling through home schooling along with other kinds of drama. But since things Have settled down I have been improving on my art greatly. I do know I have lots to learn and I may not be as good as wishie is but the more practice I get the better I will get at my art.

IF you were chosen to be an artist what would you want for compensation?
2. Site Currency ~ i.e. Mennies
3. Gold
4. Item or items (depending on value
5. The love and gratitude of Menewshans everywhere

Portfolio:

For More of my art, You can find me at LalaHeaven @ DeviantArt

*Artists comments
If I am chosen as an artists I would be so grateful and I would work very hard to work for menewsha. I do not need to be payed in real money. Just having the job in general would be enough for me. :heart:

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 AM

Yay a submission! Front page has been updated!

Also I'm so happy so many purple and fantasy items! XD you guys have good taste >.<

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM

wow I am the only one who did the submission?o.O i thought other people would've done so. XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-21-2012, 12:50 PM

The others didn't fill in the form. XD LOL.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-21-2012, 01:06 PM

yeah. I thought a bunch of people would've XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 PM

Birdiedie hasn't has the form up when it was first open, I guess.
so...

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 PM

Liztress: I'd say the starry skirt was not thebest choice of item to be honest :ninja: As I found when I recoloured it, and discovered it only has 4 shades to the palette or whatever it is :lol:

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM

Any suggestions on which would be a good item to help reference the shading? I did think of trying to add a fifth color to it but wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Silvern Strings

Old 02-21-2012, 10:43 PM

Wait, we can apply with non-Mene things?

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 AM

@Liztress
Mainly, look for an item similar in texture and style as the item you are trying to pixel~
For some basics, what about this:

or some of the bathing set stuff?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 AM

I finally finish the matching XO male version~

I know... I have bad colour sense...

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-22-2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessFairy View Post
@Liztress
Mainly, look for an item similar in texture and style as the item you are trying to pixel~
For some basics, what about this:

or some of the bathing set stuff?
Well, the skirt part that isn't ruffly is supposed to be like skintight. But you know, that skirt would probably help with the ruffle part.

Thanks for the help. :)

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 AM

I should practice some of my pixel art on menewsha's bases after I finish this current doll that is. :lol:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 AM

Oooo I like that xuxux

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
I finally finish the matching XO male version~

I know... I have bad colour sense...
I think it's good color sense. :) I really like it. I'd be willing to switch genders just to wear that. xD

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-22-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
Birdiedie hasn't has the form up when it was first open, I guess.
so...
lol no it's true I think I had some suggestions on what to include but I have proper forms on the front page now, but I figure if people want to do a proper submission they can, but I won't take down what's already put up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvern Strings View Post
Wait, we can apply with non-Mene things?
you can but there are a lot of users that were concerned about having to much difference between artists so it might be to your benefit to show you can replicate Mene's style well.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-22-2012, 11:05 AM

THanks, Seitoto, Lizliz~ *hugs*

Silvern Strings

Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound Birdie View Post
you can but there are a lot of users that were concerned about having to much difference between artists so it might be to your benefit to show you can replicate Mene's style well.

Ah, understandable.
I don't think I have anything in Mene's style yet, but when my new pen gets here I will definitely be putting in an application. ^ ^