xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to xnozomichanx

Old 01-07-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbaRosaria View Post
That sucks, but why can't you get them for yourself?

So happy, me doll's wig came in! <3 Can't wait for me sewing machine, now. :D
Is it one of those dolls that you build?... What're they called.... Dollfie?

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to AlbaRosaria

Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Dollfie is a term copyrighted by Volks, I have an ABJD from another company. Doll-Zone. ^^

*Points at siggy* He has his pretty white hair again! So happy!

antinous
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to antinous

Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 PM

This thread is such a great idea! I love to experiment with recipes, especially for smoothies. Here are some smoothie I love! I made these from things I had in my kitchen at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw similar drinks elsewhere

Quote:
Fruit and Chai

2 Bananas
4 Large Strawberries
1 cup Pomegranate Yogurt
1/4 cup Chai Tea

Honey Mango

2 Bananas
1/2 Cup Mango
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1/4 Cup Peach Juice
Add Honey to Taste

Makes one large serving, or two regular sized servings. You can add ice to these as well to make delicious homemade slushies that wont send you into diabetic shock too! You can also substitute ice cream or frozen yogurt instead of yogurt to make milk shakes. :)

Edited: Is that better? I guess I misunderstood the rules, my apologies.

Last edited by antinous; 01-08-2010 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: Putting Recepies in quotes

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Ooo... Smoothies... I could live off of smoothies... I love the sound of the first one, but I'd change out the chai tea for green tea. <3 Delicious. I know what I am getting at the store tomorrow. XD

Thanks for sharing, Antinous. :)

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-08-2010, 01:18 AM

Antinous, did you make up those recipes?

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Dollfie is a term copyrighted by Volks, I have an ABJD from another company. Doll-Zone. ^^

*Points at siggy* He has his pretty white hair again! So happy!
I thought it was only Volks that made those, and yes, he is very pretty. What's his name? :)

Last edited by xnozomichanx; 01-08-2010 at 01:44 AM.. Reason: needed to be edited

antinous
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 AM

AlbaRosaria@ I'm happy to hear you're going to try it! I've tried green tea in smoothies before, and I can't say I liked it. I'm not sure why, since I love green tea normally prepared. Maybe because it is too sweet. I like green tea bitter, so that could be it. Haha

aoi midori@ Yeah. I just tossed what I had on hand into a blender, but everything is pretty common so I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only person to put together those combination.

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinous View Post
This thread is such a great idea! I love to experiment with recipes, especially for smoothies. Here are some smoothie I love! I made these from things I had in my kitchen at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw similar drinks elsewhere

Fruit and Chai

2 Bananas
4 Large Strawberries
1 cup Pomegranate Yogurt
1/4 cup Chai Tea

Honey Mango

2 Bananas
1/2 Cup Mango
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1/4 Cup Peach Juice
Add Honey to Taste

Makes one large serving, or two regular sized servings. You can add ice to these as well to make delicious homemade slushies that wont send you into diabetic shock too! You can also substitute ice cream or frozen yogurt instead of yogurt to make milk shakes. :)
Thank you, and they sound great, I'd probably make the honey mango ^^ would you mind putting them in quotes please? That was one of the conditions I agreed to with a mod when I first made this thread (all recipes in quotes, even if their you recipe) thanks :)

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Edited: Is that better? I guess I misunderstood the rules, my apologies.
Yes, thank you ^^ cookie?

:Bringing this back up:

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
AlbaRosaria@ I'm happy to hear you're going to try it! I've tried green tea in smoothies before, and I can't say I liked it. I'm not sure why, since I love green tea normally prepared. Maybe because it is too sweet. I like green tea bitter, so that could be it. Haha

aoi midori@ Yeah. I just tossed what I had on hand into a blender, but everything is pretty common so I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only person to put together those combination.

They sound tasty, I love smoothies.

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 AM

I could go for a hot chai right now. It's so cold here.

antinous
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-10-2010, 04:50 AM

@aoi midori: If you try them I hope you like them! I love smoothies as well!

@xnozomichanx: Mmm chai! Have you ever made a chai latte at home? So good! You don't even need a cappuccino machine. Just froth some milk on med-low heat in a sauce pan and pour into a pot of chai tea! I add a little sugar, but I have a crazy sweet tooth. XD

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
@aoi midori: If you try them I hope you like them! I love smoothies as well!

@xnozomichanx: Mmm chai! Have you ever made a chai latte at home? So good! You don't even need a cappuccino machine. Just froth some milk on med-low heat in a sauce pan and pour into a pot of chai tea! I add a little sugar, but I have a crazy sweet tooth. XD
I haven't made it at home but I did where I used to work. We steamed the milk until the temperature was 120 or 140... can't remember which :sweat: oh well Have you ever had iced chai before? So addicting, and delicious :)

eyelinerinblackplaid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-12-2010, 04:48 AM

here's a recipe for roasted chicken from my friend. it's awesome because you don't need a rack and the toast tastes amazing.

Quote:
Chicken with Toast

ingredients:
one whole chicken
loaf of french bread, or something similar
olive oil
2 table spoons of sea salt
1 table spoon of ground black pepper
3 tea spoons of basil
2 tea spoons of oregano

other items:
a baking pan large enough to hold the chicken
a large mixing bowl
small mixing bowl
oven

preheat oven to 350 degrees

in small bowl:
combine: salt, pepper, oregano, basil
set aside

oil sides and bottom of baking pan

break apart bread loaf and place crust along bottom of pan until bottom is fully covered.
break apart enough of the remaining crust to fill the body cavity of the chicken

remove giblets and rinse chicken inside and out

coat sides of body cavity with salt mix

coat outside of chicken with olive oil. rub remaining salt mix over the entirety of the chicken.

stuff body cavity with bread crust pieces.

place chicken, breast side up, into the baking pan, on top of the bread

bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes per pound of chicken

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-12-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelinerinblackplaid View Post
here's a recipe for roasted chicken from my friend. it's awesome because you don't need a rack and the toast tastes amazing.
That sounds pretty good, and easy too ^^ Thank you for sharing. How are you?

eyelinerinblackplaid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-13-2010, 04:50 AM

i'm having a lovely evening and enjoying some tasty leftovers. ^_~ i posted the recipe last night while the chicken was in the oven and i could remember how much of the seasonings i used.

what did everyone else have for dinner?

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-14-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
i'm having a lovely evening and enjoying some tasty leftovers. ^_~ i posted the recipe last night while the chicken was in the oven and i could remember how much of the seasonings i used.

what did everyone else have for dinner?
I had chinese, specifically steamed dumplings which were most unsatisfying and mediocre lo mein :| but my friend bought dinner so I can't complain too too much. Though my family had baked ham

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-18-2010, 05:54 PM

:bringing this back up: So does anyone watch the food network or the travel channel?

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-19-2010, 03:10 PM

Used to once in a while, but now I rarely get to watch T.V. When I get the chance, I watch NCIS or Bones.

I made sweetened corn bread the other day and realized afterward... I had no saran wrap, tin foil or containers to keep it fresh. D: No car to go to the store, either. Now my sweetened corn bread is stale. Rawr. Ever have that happen to you?

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-19-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Used to once in a while, but now I rarely get to watch T.V. When I get the chance, I watch NCIS or Bones.

I made sweetened corn bread the other day and realized afterward... I had no saran wrap, tin foil or containers to keep it fresh. D: No car to go to the store, either. Now my sweetened corn bread is stale. Rawr. Ever have that happen to you?
Yes I have, but with cookies instead of bread. If I don't have anything I'll just stick them on a plate and store them in the microwave or a zip close bag ^^

eyelinerinblackplaid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-21-2010, 02:22 AM

hey, all. ^_^ just a way to do hamburgers on the stove. using a lid keeps things from drying out and burning. it's also an excellent way to cook potstickers. also, you can keep the pan tilted to let the fat pool away from the burgers (my stove does this for me).

Quote:
Stovetop Hamburgers

ingredients:
approximately 1 pound of ground beef
about 6 tablespoons of honey barbecue sauce
half a teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
olive or cooking oil
hamburger buns
fixings and condiments as desired

other items needed:
medium mixing bowl
medium frying pan with lid or equivalent
spatula

in medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, barbecue sauce, pepper, and bread crumbs (hands work best)

divide into fourths or desired portions and pat into patty shapes

head frying pan and coat with oil

reduce to medium heat and place patties into pan. cook for a couple of minutes, until bottom is brown

turn patties, reduce to low heat, and cover with lid. cook for approximately 3 minutes (longer for larger patties).

remove lid. if adding cheese, place on top of patties now. cook for another minute, or until cheese is melted.

place on bun and enjoy.

for my preferred serving:
saute one medium large onion in bacon grease. set aside.
melt white american cheese on top of burger.
serve with onions on top.

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2010, 04:10 AM

Quote:
hey, all. ^_^ just a way to do hamburgers on the stove. using a lid keeps things from drying out and burning. it's also an excellent way to cook potstickers. also, you can keep the pan tilted to let the fat pool away from the burgers (my stove does this for me).
Those sound good. I bet my father would love them.
How are you?

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 PM

bringing this back up. it's been down for 5 days. Plus this recipe sounds really good

Quote:
Baked Sausage Pasta with Fontina and Basil
Serves 8

1 lb of pasta - elbow or ditalini would be a nice choice here
1 lb of sweet Italian sausage, casings removed (This is NOT precooked sausage. This is uncooked sausage. The outer skin of the sausage needs to be peeled off)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, diced
6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes or two cans of crushed tomatoes (crushed tomatoes creates a more "sauce-y" pasta, while the diced leaves chunks of tomato and a less saucy mix)
3/4 lb fontina cheese, rind removed, sliced as thinly as possible

1/2 cup basil chiffonade

Preheat oven to 350. In large pot, cook pasta according to package directions, ONE MINUTE less than required. Drain pasta and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium heat, add sausages and use the back of a spoon to break up into small pieces. Cook until evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage from the skillet and put on a plate, but leave the oil and fat. In the remaining oil, cook onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add sausages back in and add tomatoes. Continue to cook until all the sauce is hot and bubbling. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Add pasta to the skillet and toss, then pour into a 3 quart casserole dish. (I used two smaller casserole dishes.) Top with slices of fontina cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is all melted. Remove from oven and top with basil chiffonade. Serve!
weekofmenusl
Found through foodgawker.com

antinous
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM

I found this recipe for banana bread on allrecipes.com I just made a batch of muffins using it, and since everything came out great I thought I'd share!

Quote:
2 cups all-purpose flour (though I used Cake and Pastry flour, oops)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

1) Preheat Oven to 350 F or 175 C. Lightly grease a 9x5 bread pan. (Or like I did put those little paper cuppies in a muffin pan. XD )

2) Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

3) Mix together the sugar and butter in another large bowl.

4)Add bananas and eggs to the sugar and butter and mix until it's nice and creamy!

5) Mix the banana mixture and the flour mixture until everything is moist.

6)If your making bread then bake for about 60 - 65 mins, let stand for 10 mins in pan after, then turn it onto a wire rack.

7)If you're like me and wanted to make muffins, then bake for about 15-20 mins (my oven needed about 18mins, but each oven is different). Let cool for about 10 mins then take the muffins out of the pan. This recipe makes just over a dozen muffins.
The website I got the recipe from is HERE, but I rewrote the instructions in a way that seemed nicer to me. Basically steps 2-5 were originally written as a single step, but that confused me a little while I was reading them. Hope that is okay. :)

Mmmm, so yummy! *eats all the banana bread muffins she just made*

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-30-2010, 03:07 AM

Quote:
I found this recipe for banana bread on allrecipes.com I just made a batch of muffins using it, and since everything came out great I thought I'd share!

The website I got the recipe from is HERE, but I rewrote the instructions in a way that seemed nicer to me. Basically steps 2-5 were originally written as a single step, but that confused me a little while I was reading them. Hope that is okay. :)

Mmmm, so yummy! *eats all the banana bread muffins she just made*
Thank you for sharing and simplifying the instructions. Simplified is nice ^^ My mother's going to make banana bread soon. I can't wait. Warm banana bread :dreamy sigh:

I have conquered one of Julia Child's recipes. Cream of Mushroom Soup. ^^ I panicked at some parts but it came out nicely. I would share the recipe but it has very long directions. Maybe if I can find it online....

EDIT: I found it online, and they simplified the recipe layout without altering the actual recipe and steps
Quote:
Cream of Mushroom Soup by Julia Child
Ingredients
* 1/4 cup onion, minced
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 6 cups boiling white stock or chicken broth, seasoned with 1/2 bay leaf and 1/8 t thyme (I use canned)
* salt and pepper
* 1 lb fresh mushrooms, seperate the stems from the caps & chop the stems. Save the caps for later
* 2 tablespoons butter
* the thinly sliced mushroom cap
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 2 egg yolks
* 1/2-3/4 cup whipping cream (I've used heavy cream, 1/2 and 1/2, it's all good)
* 1-3 tablespoon softened butter

Directions

1. Melt 3 T butter in a saucepan and saute the onions slowly for about 8 - 10 minute Do not brown, just get them tender.
2. Add the flour and stir over moderate heat for about 3 minute without browning.
3. Off heat, beat in the boiling stock or broth with a wire whisk and blend it thoroughly with the flour. Season to taste. Stir in the mushroom stems.
4. Simmer partially covered for 20 minutes, skimming occasionally.
5. Strain mixture through a fine sieve, pressing juices out of the mushroom stems. I do this by placing the sieve over a large saucepan, letting the juices collect in the pan. Discard the stems and onions in the sieve.
6.In another saucepan, melt the 2 T butter.
7. Add the sliced mushroom caps, salt and lemon juice.
8. Cook slowly for about 5 minutes.
9. Pour the mushrooms and their cooking liquid into the saucepan with the strained soup base.
10. Simmer for 10 minutes.
11.*If you're not serving this immediately, set aside, uncovered, with a spoonful of cream or milk filming the surface. Reheat to simmer jut before proceeding.
12. Beat the 2 egg yolks and 1/2 - 3/4 C cream in a mixing bowl. Add the hot soup by ladle-fuls until a cup has been added. Gradually add this back into the simmering soup.
13. Stir soup over moderate heat for a minute or two to poach the eggs, but do not let soup come near a simmer.
14. Correct seasoning.
15. Off heat, stir in the remaining butter by spoonfuls, if desired.
From Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle, and Simone Beck. Posted at Recipe Zaar.com

Last edited by xnozomichanx; 01-30-2010 at 03:14 AM..