Glass
*^_^*

Old 02-17-2012, 04:54 AM

I've managed to kill one in a few hours. I love to read. :)

Bronia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-20-2012, 02:48 AM

Depends on how much I'm enjoying the book. If it's something boring then I'll make any excuse I can to drag it out/not read it.
If it's really good I can spend easily a half a day reading it if it's a weekend or a week if I can only read it before bed.
I've knocked off some huge books over the course of a day, like the Earth's Children books, I finished one in a day and it was around 700 pages. Harry Potter I also got through quickly.

Overatedsmileyface
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-18-2012, 08:09 AM

It depends on the book Some books like cherub ect I can sit down and read it in 4 hours but other books that are slow paced it might take a day or two. My sister (Who is crazy when it comes to reading) could read a 300pg book in about 2 hours.

Lyndie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 PM

Two or three days, as I have school and I can't just sit there reading all day.

catbookcrazy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-25-2012, 05:54 AM

It depends on the book, how interested I am in it, if I have to take breaks and of course, how big the print is. It can take me anywhere from a day or two to a few weeks. The ones I'm reading now take me about a day and a half to two days. Pretty fast for me for a 300 something page book. the print is smaller too, but I just "devour" them.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 AM

Depending on the size of the text and the difficulty level of the book... I average about two minutes per page. So, in the case of a 300 page book, I would take about ten hours. I read slowly because I like to take everything in.

Bane Rie
The Mad Writer
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rie Send a message via Yahoo to Bane Rie

Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM

It largely depends on the book. Sometimes it takes me a few days or a week, but some books (such as The Fault In Our Stars) I have read in a day.

Yaks
Russia's Greatest Love Machine

Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 PM

It depends on the book.

Harry Potter? Done in about an hour.
Lord of the Rings? Not so much. Probably more like 3 hours, haha.

Obsidian Raven's Song
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 AM

Same for me, depends on the book. If it interests me enough, I can easily kill one or two in a day. If it's not as interesting though, it might take me a few days, sometimes as long as a week.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 04-07-2012, 11:49 PM

I love to read but it really depends on how into the book I am I can finish 300 pages in 2 hours if I am really into a book then again a 300 page book that I am not that into can take weeks..lol

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 04-09-2012, 03:17 AM

It depends. If I have no school maybe a day or two. If I have school it can take me a week or a month.... (I have alot of work to do when it comes to my school work.)

I love to read.

Gold n' Silver
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 AM

It would take me about one hour and thirty minutes to read a 300pg book if i'm really committed to it. Maybe even less.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 04-13-2012, 02:37 PM

I suppose it depends on the book. Three hundred pages will typically take me anywhere from two to four hours, for a popular or contemporary novel. For older ones, like the classics where we're not trained anymore to read them efficiently, it'll take longer. Dracula put me to shame with an hour and a half for fifty pages on the first read.

The Harry Potter books, on the other hand... The time it took me to read those got exponentially shorter as the books themselves got longer. Ponder that one for a while.

SilverAlice
I am the master of my Fate,. I a...

Old 04-22-2012, 10:11 AM

I really really like books..! I don't know why but I also like the smell of its paper >:D (yea~ I know its weird). It takes me to a whole different world.!! I learn many things from it and it's like I am experiencing what the main character is experiencing so it's a lot of fun!! ^^ It's a good time passer and it can make me happy when I am sad. So you can say books help me a lot. :D
Reading a book takes me a day or two because I really try to understand everything it says and savor the fun!! I can't understand much if I read too fast so I take my time.. It's not like I'm rushing anyways.. :)

And usually before I buy my books I make sure I'm interested in the book I'm going to read so I won't waste my time and money and I won't get bored.. Also because books are expensive!! It's hard to save money from the allowance I receive.. Allowance meaning things, snacks and transportation for school included. And my allowance is only good for one week so it's hard.. >:P

...___ <Good day to all of you___...

swimmusic1373

Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 PM

If I really like it about 2 days if not about a week.

ainebella
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to ainebella

Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 PM

Depends, If i have a good weekend off and i dont have to really do anything it can take a good day to read a book Im interested in, if its one im not really interested in... well that take more like a year i get distracted with other books on my list. Also i try to read as much as i can when i do have to work and when im off. so those books someday's take longer than when i have a day off for my self.

Spaventapasseri
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 PM

It depends on free time and how interesting the book is. I've gotten through an eight hundred page book on a road trip. But at the same time a two hundred page book for school took me like a week. I read pretty well and pretty fast, but I get distracted really easily. So ... anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days, I guess.

Crissi HiME
Send a message via AIM to Crissi HiME Send a message via MSN to Crissi HiME

Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 PM

I LOVE Reading...

Depending on the book I could finish in a few hours.
if its a book that drags on and on it could take weeks.
It took me about a week or so to finish a book (Blue Moon,#2 in the Immortals series) and when I finished it, I through it across the room.
The ending was terrible, it kept building and building and poof nothing but a BIG WTF . I still have to get the rest of the series but I don't think I want to if they turn out like that one. The first one I finished in hours, it was really good and sad but had a fluid flow.

haku_yowane
*^_^*
Banned

Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 PM

If the book is good it can take me a matter of 3 days to complete. I even read an enitre collection of books. Thats 5 book all around 400-500pages each. That took me 5 and a half days. I couldnt believe it.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM

It depends on how into the book I am and how much time I want to spend in marathon reading sessions. I could probably finish one in a day, but I do have to get other things done, you know? :lol: The ones I've read the quickest were in about 24 hours or just a bit over. But I do have other responsibilities, so I don't like to read all day. So usually I'll consider it quick if I finish it in about 3 days. I don't want to rush through the story, I like to savor it, and stop plenty in the middle to think about it. :)

Cudibrium
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-26-2012, 02:40 AM

Well, the width of the pages effects my answer. If the pages are bible thin, then =____= But if they're decent then probably 4-5 days =)

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM

Yesterday I finished a three hundred fifty page book in... I'd say a day and a half. I was really into the storyline. Sometimes it takes three days if I'm not interrupted too many times.
My record speed was reading a five hundred-some page book within four days.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-28-2012, 12:07 AM

I can usually finish a 300 word book in a matter of hours. :3 The time depends on how interesting I find the book.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 AM

300 pages is too short for me. Well it depends, if it's like a horribly awful book I have no interest in, than it might take a week or even a few days because I'd keep taking my "snack" breaks. But if it's a book I really enjoy a lot, and my brain is all "What happens next, What happens next?!" than it'd be a day or even a few hours.

It sucks though when you do finish a book super fast, but I guess than you can always re-read it if it's a great story. :)

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 06-09-2012, 10:46 AM

Depends entirely on the book and how well paced it is.