Zernita
Feast's Servant

Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM

I know that there's a gaming store not far from my bf's house, I've been there once to buy some new magic cards and the people seemed really nice, but I would just feel so incompetent playing my first time with people who've played for a long time :/
I would be too scared to screw up..

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 PM

Beginners are expected to screw up and if the other players know that you're a beginner they shouldn't be hassling you about it. If you have an experienced DM, then you could have a whole group of beginners to start with. There are all kinds of possibilities. :)

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 08-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Is it possible to get my roleplays sent to me? I believe my e-mail is linked on my username. Seeing as you banned me and all, I need someone to, please, send me them so I can move them to WTF and Mene. Thanks.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 PM

I enjoy working with new players s a DM. You get to help them develop their characters and learn the ropes. The rules will come with time and you can guide them through these. What is really fun is watching people fall into their character for the first time.

I think I had a pretty good DM for my first game. It was a lot of fun to play and hang out- not just roll dice. I think having a good DM for your first game can make all the difference in the world as to whether or not you enjoy playing. (Also a good group of people to play with can make a difference.)

Have any of you ever quit a game because of the people in the group?

I have. There was one DnD game my husband and I played in and we quit because of some of the players in the game. It was a group of people with a large age spread and some of the older players were constantly making fun of one of the younger players. It bothered us that they would do that. They also were really bothered by the fact that neither my husband or I played lawful good characters. (Technically they didn't either, but they acted like it.) I don't mind when people don't like my character, but it bothered me when they were mean to the players behind the characters. It's a game- there is no reason for that attitude.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 PM

I'm so in on this. : P <3 I can't RP with little kids anymore it's just...irritating!

.:GaelicBubble:.
Saving Lives Every Day
Send a message via AIM to .:GaelicBubble:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:GaelicBubble:.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:29 PM

Yay! Welcome Marguerite~ Glad you could make it over here. and I think we all feel similar xD

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 PM

So yes, I need people who are like 20-something to RP with xD

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 AM

I don't mind gaming with kids. I find that it is adults who tend to be more mean spirited. Sure kids can be irritating- but generally, they are there to have fun. Especially in the table top games. If they wanted glory and"mad props", they usually play online games.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-14-2011, 01:27 PM

I'm sure that there would be some kids out there who are understanding but I tend to want to game with adults because my partner and I have a restricted schedule (can't be out all night because of work) and a toddler (who goes with us when we game because we can't afford a sitter). It works out great when the people we're gaming with have kids too and are understanding of this sort of thing. I'm not so sure kids would be.

Wulfwynn
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-14-2011, 01:38 PM

Hello everyone. How nice to find a thread for the grown-ups.

Geeze, sounds weird saying that. LoL

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Isn't it? I don't even feel like a grown-up all the time either!

Wulfwynn
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-14-2011, 01:52 PM

I don't even really think of myself as a "grown-up". I think my brain got stuck at 18 even though I'm 25 now.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 PM

I know exactly what you mean. :XD

Moxie
Irritated Scientist

Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 PM

I generally game with adults as well. It tends to fit into my schedule better. Now that I have a little one, I am not sure when I am going to game. I will probably keep my Sunday afternoon game going- though leave it on its current hiatus for a while.

I also think it depends on what you consider a 'kid' when it comes to gaming.

Kiwi_x_Pop
The only way you can love me is ...
Send a message via MSN to Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 08-14-2011, 07:44 PM

Hey all! Sorry I've been gone so long! 8[ Life got a bit bust for me.

I think the youngest person I ever gamed with was 16. My boyfriend hated her xD She was a great gamer, but she would waste so much time doing nothing. She had this rogue changeling that was not good in combat. 8[

Moxie
Irritated Scientist

Old 08-14-2011, 07:50 PM

I like players who tend to waste time doing nothing- they add to the flavor of the game.I think if the GM is so focused on dungeon crawls and accomplishing things, that the players never really get to develop their characters. But, I can see how other players don't like that- many gamers are focused on leveling and killing things more so that the problem solving and character interactions.

I like to have a balance of both (depending on the game). I tend to build a lot of puzzles and sub-text into my games for players who prefer to do this over the dungeon crawl and fighting. I like to let the players use all their skills- even the silly ones.

Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 08-14-2011, 08:16 PM

I liked her, but she did get to the point of wasting time where it was annoying. She was great when dealing with some people, but most of the time we were resting at an inn and she'd change to look like some hot elf just to seduce a inn patron and send him outside and never go after him. Then go around stealing stuff and putting it in other people's pockets. o.O' It's like...uh.. we're rested...can we go now?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 PM

In the tabletop V:tM I'm playing with some friends we have a player who wants to defy the ST's rules and always drags things out. A couple of times it's gotten to the point where the rest of us have waited an hour or more while he did a series of actions before we could continue on with the game. It's so not cool especially when we have a limited amount of time to get things done in character.

Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 08-15-2011, 12:25 AM

Oh yeah, that's how it was with this girl. 8\ And we had a large group, there 7 or 8 people, so the game took a long time anyways and we could only play once a week. Luckily, our DM had to put the game on pause, so he wrapped it up with the other group and then once his schooling was done (He was in his last year of college) he started it back up again and it's only four of us plus the DM. So it's a lot smaller and quicker.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-15-2011, 12:50 AM

That's good to hear. I'm glad things worked out well in your case.

Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 AM

Yeah, we just started it back up again and last game our warforge died ; -;

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 AM

Aww! How did that happen?

Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 08-15-2011, 01:19 AM

This is what I was told because I wasn't playing as I was under the weather, but he was fighting another huge monster and my character was behind it dying, so our warforge had two options, fight or step back and let me die. So he tried to fight it and ended up not rolling high enough and the monster I believe crited him and ended up smashing him into a million little pieces.

My character is basically a glass cannon. She can do a ton of damage, but is so easy to hit and knock down. I think I was at -9 and bleedin' out. 8[