Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM

Grandma Faccie you so silly.

I love having my laptop back too. I'm just not fit for using Desktop PCs anymore. This has been proven at Hammy's place. :gonk:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-22-2011, 08:32 PM

I'm torn when it comes to laptop vs. PC. I have a bad experience with a laptop... (the charging port broke and every single repair shop refused to fix it without replacing the motherboard) Also, they tend to be slower and less powerful, and nothing drives me insane more than a laggy computer that can't handle anything I can throw at it. >> But I really do like the portability of it. But then again, I never go anywhere, so I don't have much use for that aside from deciding to sit on my bed instead of at my desk. :lol:

I'm (hopefully) going to get a new computer this summer... I'm so tired of my old laggy one. It's proooobably going to be a desktop.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 PM

Well, when I said I'm not fit for desktop PCs anymore, I meant physically. I'm used to being able to lay on my stomach and do what I need to do. Yesterday my neck was hurting so bad because of the constant sitting upright at Hammy's computer. xD

Laptops actually CAN be just as efficient as a desktop PC, it all just depends on what kind of hardware is integrated into it. My laptop, for example, lags a lot even with small online games, but that's just because this computer is soo outdated in terms of Hard Disk and RAM. However, I just deal with it because it works fine enough for other things like browsing the internet, watching movies, and making arts.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 PM

I'mma desktop man. Pure and simple.

*locks Grandma Facade in the linen closet*

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 03-22-2011, 11:18 PM

I'm prefer desktops, but I mostly use my laptop now, since I can take my files back and forth between my mom's and dad's houses easy-peasy. And I can be in the living room or my room as opposed to the basement. :lol:
I LOVE BUTTING INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S CONVERSATIONS

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-22-2011, 11:38 PM

:lol: I won't fault you, as I butted into the conversation in your thread. ;P

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 03-23-2011, 12:07 AM

Which served as a reminder for me to come prancing about in here! :lol:

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-23-2011, 04:51 AM

Speaking of butts, I hope you poked some air holes in your closet for Grandma Faccie. :o

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 AM

Demo - Wow, really? I have the opposite problem. If I were to lay on my stomach, my back and neck would start hurting pretty quickly. In fact, the last time I did that it messed up my back for the entire day. x_x

Speaking of computers and preferences... do any of you have any knowledge when it comes to processors? I know plenty about RAM, but when I get this computer in summer, I don't know what strength (poor word choice) to get.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-23-2011, 06:49 AM

Well, I'm no computer expert (I'm just an intermediate user at best) but it all depends on what you are going to use it for. There are different kinds of computers that are made for different things. I dunno where the prices lie where you're at, but at my walmart there are plenty of desktop PCs that run pretty well and sell for roughly $400~$500. I have no product preference, so I'm not the right person to know which is best between a Dell, a Vaio (the one I have right now is Vaio), Gateway, etc.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 AM

I'm no computer expert either. But I do have comprehension of the basic. It is a box.. filled with magic... and operated by elves. :)

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Oh Howdy you're so adorable! *squeezes*

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 AM

I need to replace my old faithful lappie this year, too. Don't have a clue about all the bells and whistles though. I do know that I will not blindly follow sales advice! >,> I'll probably ask for help in the tech forum one day with deciding.

My elves are crochety...and have a nasty habit of *whispers softly* crashing when they feel like spelunking in lappie's innards.

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 03-23-2011, 11:51 AM

This is going to sound a bit crazy... but I woke up yesterday and decided I wanted to get a cat... so now I have this little black and white boy kitten I've named "Haru".

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Pictures! o3o

*scuttles off to work*

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 PM

lol Is that a reference to Fruits Basket, Feyona?

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 03-23-2011, 05:30 PM

I'm thinking of getting a new laptop between this summer and early next year, too. :yes: My current one is over three years old... And it's a pretty basic Dell laptop. :lol: I need something that'll pack more punch. :ninja:

And I'd say a Dell is above Vaio, though I'm not entirely sure since I'm not familiar with Vaios. I know for sure that Dells are above Gateways though. :ninja: Yet I'm a newbie at compoopers, so maybe I heard wrong. -has no true knowledge on the matter- :gonk:

But yeah. I'm thinking of getting a Toshiba if I can afford one. Or maybe a Mac, since I've always wanted one... And the new Macbook is coming out this summer if I remember correctly (since the new Mac OS is coming out this summer too). It's supposed to be reasonably priced, and well... Yeah. That's the end of my ramblings!

-tackles Eel-Toe- Come around here more often now, ya hear? :talk2hand:

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 03-23-2011, 06:29 PM

@Snowberry ~ Yes, I will post pictures. ^.^

@Suona ~ Yes, his full name is Hatsuharu, but I thought it would be difficult for my 4 year old to say, so we shortened it to Haru and that's what it says on the collar we bought that's WAY too big for him.

@Facade ~ I actually just purchased myself a new desktop. I had got my very first laptop from last year's tax return and seeing how my desktop is no longer functional, I thought I'd replace it. All the parts should be coming in the mail any day now. Then all I'll have to do is sweet talk my boyfriend into building it for me (because i'm lazy, not because I don't know how) and then I'll have an awesome machine with 8 gigs of ram and a 3.33 gig processor.... weeeeee!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 03-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
I'm no computer expert either. But I do have comprehension of the basic. It is a box.. filled with magic... and operated by elves. :)
Awww this made me smile, Howdy. You silly boy!

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 PM

*backs away slowly as she starts to realize she's the only IT person who's posted recently... whistles non-chalantly*

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 AM

Faccie wants a Mac?? eww :gonk:

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 03-24-2011, 03:36 AM

I like Macs. :ninja: If I had the monies, I'd buy one! :P

...But yeah. Slim chances I'll be getting one. ;)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 AM

@ Feyona - lol I think thats awesome. Haru was always one of my favorite characters from it. Its neat to see someone else that knows it, too. :yes: Did you watch it, or read the manga? I've only watched it.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 03-24-2011, 06:22 AM

I told my hubby that once we have several hundreds of dollars to blow I want an Ipad. Why? Cause everyone else has one. :cry:

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-24-2011, 06:41 AM

I just find Macs to be aesthetically nice-looking on the outside, but I cannot navigate a Mac as well as I can a regular PC. Windows XP ftw. :talk2hand: