Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 03-01-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
same Antsy, i always wait to look at guides or even fanart until i've finished the game once, unless i get absolutely stuck. but then once i've beaten the game, all bets are off and i go ham trying to get every possible ending and achievement i love games with multiple endings so much, any kind of game where your choices affect the game is absolute chef's smooch for me.
Oh same I love it when actions actually have consequences. The more nuanced, the better! Fallout 4 was a little annoying in pretending that you have a choice, but ultimately they don't really matter at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
it took approx 67 hours according to the game, but according to steam i've played for 111.1 hrs (4 don't count, it was alternate save files). I definitely took my time going through the main story by doing just about every side quest i could before progressing the story.
Nice! Yeah I tend to do that too; just getting every single side quest I can find done before I progress.

Then sometimes I end up never finishing the main quest at all (other than the first time because I wanted to see the ending), it's just an endless cycle of doing side quests, restarting, doing more side quests, while the main questline just sits there, gathering dust...

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-01-2023, 05:49 PM

ugh yeah, i hate it when they pretend to give you choices because i end up overthinking my choice so much and then it ends up just being slightly altered dialogue? eh.

i really liked how Detroit: Become Human shows you the map of all the choices you're making, and how intricate their system of getting different endings is, and how soon some endings happen vs others. i didn't really like the plot so i never finished playing, but i wish more choice games were set up like that where you could see your progress in what ending you're going towards.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 03-02-2023, 02:48 AM

Exactly! Especially when you're roleplaying as a specific type of person.

"My daughter was killed by bandits!"
A. "I'm so sorry to hear that!"
B. "Ha! Good riddance!"

Pick A. = "Thank you for your kind thoughts. You wouldn't happen to be a mercenary for hire, would you? It would mean the world to be if someone could avenge her!"
Pick B. = "How dare you! That's my daughter you're talking about!" *pause* "You wouldn't happen to be a mercenary for hire, would you? It would mean the world to be if someone could avenge her!"

>_> *facepalm*

Yeah I heard good things about Detroit: Become Human, but I didn't like the plot either (from what little I read about it), so I haven't gotten the game myself. I wish more games offered more choices and branches that actually mattered. :( I get that it can make the programming so much more complicated and time-consuming to do, but it makes the game so much more interesting.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-03-2023, 02:14 AM

I have not played any of the games y'all are talking about but the choices thing man. I used to antagonize over my options so so so much in other games and then find out they don't actu ally mean anything. So now I'll usually just wing shit on my first walk through. And then tailor any answers that mean something on a second time through.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-03-2023, 04:40 AM

ugh yes, exactly!! it's just so much less realistic. i think so many things are pressured to be released too quickly, so many works of media just end up feeling unfinished. and i feel like technology could do so much now but since everyone is so rushed to put out as much as possible as fast as possible, nobody has even had time to really explore what you can really do with game design. and it's not just games, i feel like movies, music, even books and art lately, there's so much pressure to produce, and not enough space to explore.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 03-03-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I have not played any of the games y'all are talking about but the choices thing man. I used to antagonize over my options so so so much in other games and then find out they don't actu ally mean anything. So now I'll usually just wing shit on my first walk through. And then tailor any answers that mean something on a second time through.
I still agonize over my options even if I know they don't affect the outcome Though occasionally I'd pick an option I hadn't picked before if it's not the 'rude' option, just so I can hear something different after the 10th playthrough lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
ugh yes, exactly!! it's just so much less realistic. i think so many things are pressured to be released too quickly, so many works of media just end up feeling unfinished. and i feel like technology could do so much now but since everyone is so rushed to put out as much as possible as fast as possible, nobody has even had time to really explore what you can really do with game design. and it's not just games, i feel like movies, music, even books and art lately, there's so much pressure to produce, and not enough space to explore.
Yeah, I'm always super bummed whenever I find out that something was cut from the final release due to time constraints when it would've made the game so much more interesting/engaging. Sometimes stuff gets cut even when they've already completed it for some reason!

I guess the games companies feel because most people's attention spans are shorter these days, most people would just play the game once and move on, so they don't have to put in as much effort/detail and focus on making a quick profit instead?? Same with movies and stuff.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-03-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I still agonize over my options even if I know they don't affect the outcome Though occasionally I'd pick an option I hadn't picked before if it's not the 'rude' option, just so I can hear something different after the 10th playthrough lol.
I'm that weirdo that feels the need to play until I've chosen every single option, even if the choices dont matter. So

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-03-2023, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm always super bummed whenever I find out that something was cut from the final release due to time constraints when it would've made the game so much more interesting/engaging. Sometimes stuff gets cut even when they've already completed it for some reason!

I guess the games companies feel because most people's attention spans are shorter these days, most people would just play the game once and move on, so they don't have to put in as much effort/detail and focus on making a quick profit instead?? Same with movies and stuff.
YES omg i hate when things get cut that the creators put a lot of thought into just because the studio thinks the audiences won't like it. i really think the writer/director should have the final say on what makes the final cut, and the producer should just sit back and give them money

i'm hoping that things come full-circle, that people start getting sick of all the crappy McDonalds sandwich games, and realize they're gonna have to wait if they want something really good, and start supporting indie games more. and i need people to make NEW stuff too, i'm so sick of sequels and remakes.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-04-2023, 07:44 PM

I feel like Omori has extremely different outcomes and different endings. Even an alternative route entirely if you make one choice in the beginning of the game.

There's so much content jammed into Omori. Like, I think to play the regular route, it's about 23 hours worth of content, and if you choose the alternate route, it's even longer.

Have you guys ever played Undertale? That game is all about consequences for your actions in games. XD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-05-2023, 06:03 AM

i love Undertale! i need to play it again, and i still want to check out Deltarune. i went for the true pacifist ending my first playthrough, i couldn't bear to hurt all those cute critters it was so painful trying to go for genocide, i don't think i was even able to beat the game when i played that route, it gets hard!

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 03-09-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Oh same I love it when actions actually have consequences. The more nuanced, the better! Fallout 4 was a little annoying in pretending that you have a choice, but ultimately they don't really matter at all.
Nice! Yeah I tend to do that too; just getting every single side quest I can find done before I progress.

Then sometimes I end up never finishing the main quest at all (other than the first time because I wanted to see the ending), it's just an endless cycle of doing side quests, restarting, doing more side quests, while the main questline just sits there, gathering dust...
I have officially 100% my field guide. There;s still a little more i could do at this point, but generally i've completed the game as fas as i really need to. I would really LOVE more content in the game, but the way it wrapped up, they'd basically need a new story to go with it.

some slight but nonspecific spoilersX

Honestly if they had more interactive classes though out the school year, it would be a better game. It's like the majority of the game is combat and exploration, and not really much to do with learning magic, which was unfortunate. They did a great job with the Charms class lesson though, because it turned into more challenging application of using accio. I loved the introduction to potions, and wish they had more of it, but sadly the most interactive it is is that initial class. Still a fantastic game, but i could see a lot of room for improvement. Also it would be nice if the initial house you're suggested was randomized instead of automatically slytherin, but still ultimately keeping the "pick whatever house you like" option, cause i think that would be neat.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-11-2023, 08:32 PM

Detroit? As in Detroit Michigan?

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 03-12-2023, 04:00 PM

Idk what's going on in here xD

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-12-2023, 05:29 PM

I am a bit lost and confused as well.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 03-13-2023, 05:10 AM

Honestly, me too.

I'm making a skirt. Or i was, but then my Iron crapped out on me. And my dryer made the fabric too wrinkly, so i'm hoping i'll be able to get an iron from my grandparents in law tomorrow.

Kory

Old 03-13-2023, 07:53 PM

All I know was we were talking about games,
And now I don't know what we're talking about. xD

When I first played Undertale, I didn't know the point was to NOT kill anyone, so I killed everyone I met. Dx I restarted the game because I didn't want to start off doing it wrong. I never finished Undertale.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 03-13-2023, 08:49 PM

I've never played Undertale. never really caught my interest. My husband doesn't like it, for some reason, but i'm not really sure why not.

Kory

Old 03-13-2023, 08:55 PM

I think for me, Undertale was hard because of the puzzles. I'm really, really bad at puzzles, so I didn't enjoy playing Undertale. Also, I have very poor hand eye coordination and you kinda need that for the battles.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-14-2023, 01:19 AM

I've never played either, so I've just been silently lurking and enjoying your conversations *mene's official stalker*

Kory

Old 03-14-2023, 10:42 PM

I never even HEARD of Undertale until I joined an Omori server on Discord and everyone was talking about how Undertale was their childhood and they loved it so much. It was only $2 on Steam so I thought I'd give it a try, but I just couldn't see the appeal in it.

It also made me feel so old. It came out in 2015, and when it was 2015, I was 20 years old and wasn't playing games. So when people tell me, "It was my childhood!" Like... damn. Way to make me feel so old. XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-14-2023, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I never even HEARD of Undertale until I joined an Omori server on Discord and everyone was talking about how Undertale was their childhood and they loved it so much. It was only $2 on Steam so I thought I'd give it a try, but I just couldn't see the appeal in it.

It also made me feel so old. It came out in 2015, and when it was 2015, I was 20 years old and wasn't playing games. So when people tell me, "It was my childhood!" Like... damn. Way to make me feel so old. XD
You think that makes you feel old......iiiish. I was 28 in 2015

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-14-2023, 11:36 PM

saaame omg, when i read you type that people are saying its their childhood, i could feel the grey hairs starting to sprout.

Kory

Old 03-15-2023, 02:48 AM

Right????
I wasn't into gaming in 2015, I was working. xD

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-15-2023, 03:39 AM

Hello everybody.

Kory